Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

The Royal Wedding 2018 (Harry and Meghan)

1 hour ago, Webbo said:

I'm a royalist, they seem a nice young couple, I wish them all the best but I'm not really interested. I suspect my wife will probably watch it though.

I’m a royalist and yeah I agree Webbo this isn’t my sort of thing the wife is watching it

i also wish them all the best 

40 minutes ago, Bert said:

If people want to enjoy it then let them, if you doesn't bother you then why say anything about it? Personally there was always going to be a lot of media overkill on it but it's our royal family, one of the greatest things about Britain. The same royal family that brings billions into our economy year in year out. Watched a bit of the coverage, only thing that's slightly annoying me is how much they keep referring to Meghan's race. This is 2018, does it really matter what race someone is? I get all the history behind it but it seems like the BBC are really pushing some sort of agenda. 

I actually took this is inverted tbh - if race was no longer an issue, the BBC wouldn't refer to it as they wouldn't have to.

For all that people don't want to discuss it and believe we live in a post racial society, it most certainly isn't true in the land of birth of the bride as of today - recent events make that abundantly clear.

1 minute ago, Webbo said:

None of us are interesred but we're all watching it lol

The yankee preacher is milking his part a bit.

lol people are starting to nod off now

But love is the way :thumbup:

20 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

I actually took this is inverted tbh - if race was no longer an issue, the BBC wouldn't refer to it as they wouldn't have to.

For all that people don't want to discuss it and believe we live in a post racial society, it most certainly isn't true in the land of birth of the bride as of today - recent events make that abundantly clear.

As someone married to a black woman, with American kids, and living in Africa, I agree, as I have seen that race is very important still.

• Like 1