Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

When does Puel go? - A simple Poll Mk 3

When does Puel go?  

403 members have voted

1. 1. When does Puel go?

• After this game?
    • After the next game and before the end of the season?
    • After the end of the season?
    • During the next season?

24 minutes ago, Nigel Graham Pearson said:

If we ever were the English Atletico that was over long before Puel took over. 

Agreed, but it was still fresh in the memory and we harboured hopes of recapturing that style and form. In reality, the second half of the winning season was mostly scrappy games we somehow kept winning. Everything that came after the title was poor with occasional flashes of what might have been. The last couple or 3 months have been utter flipping faeces.

Trouble is now everyone seems to be aboard the sack puel bus, the exact same people harbour fantasies of a Rafalution. I would mind Benitez here myself but all of this talk about getting back to playing exciting attacking football is not going to become reality under Rafa or some of the managers whose names are floating around here. 

Theres got to be some cnut out there who can fix this mess. 

I sensed this was coming around the time of the Bournemouth game.No win against them along with Swansea and Stoke was a bad sign where it was going. After Chelsea away the harder games were out of the way and its been a missed opportunity.

I'd hoped that after an excellent start we were getting the man who did well at Monaco and Nice as opposed to the one who got hounded out of Lyon and Southampton. 

This could be unfair but it raises massive doubts about many coaches from Ligue 1. Paul Le Guen and Remi Garde had good reputations before arriving in Britain but were underwhelming.

The notion of Claude developing youth is something I've never been fully sold on. France is a league for developing young talent before selling them onto others for a decent profit. If he had chances of playing an older or more established team he would jump at the chance. I'd suggest the youth he has worked with have come more from the excellent French underage system as opposed to his bag of tricks.

It's sad that its ended like this as I wanted him to do well but today is surely the final straw.

2 hours ago, Larry_LCFC said:

But people were saying less than a week ago he is "clearly building something here, he needs time, he deserves the transfer window to get his own players" etc etc. How can that change after today? Says to me our fans don't actually have a clue what they want or they just like being argumentative.

There's a difference between building something and the camp being so bad you lose to ****ing shite like Palace 5 nil. He has to go. This is our lowest point since being relegated.

He should go when the owners have identified the man they think is right for the job and ensured that he is available and will come to City.  There is little point sacking him now and simply trawling the ranks of the unemployed which may result in us getting a worse option.

In the meantime he still has the opportunity of time and a transfer window to prove that he can deliver the improvements we all want and need.  He is on thin ice now so he needs to achieve quickly.

6 hours ago, z-layrex said:

There's a difference between building something and the camp being so bad you lose to ****ing shite like Palace 5 nil. He has to go. This is our lowest point since being relegated.

Which relegation? We lost 1-6 to Spurs, at home, last season. 

3 minutes ago, tetly said:

We look bad enough sacking all theses managers over the last few years, I say let him stay until the end of the season and people will see he is terrible and deserves the sack.

You will be the only one going to the game.

15 hours ago, Bryn said:

Couldn't disagree with you more. The squad is stale, the recruitment has been atrocious and who's picking the manager?

Everyone from the Thais down is in the firing line.

What do people expect though? 

Squad is stale not really. We have quality players like Kasper, Maguire, Dragovic, Fuchs, Ndidi, Gray, Silva, Mahrez, Okazaki, Vardy. 

We have to accept we can't 'attract' the best of the best so what we need is a manager who gets the best out of the squad.

On paper we have a better squad than Burnley but they have a manager who the players will give 110% for each week