Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

When does Puel go? - A simple Poll Mk 3

When does Puel go?  

403 members have voted

1. 1. When does Puel go?

• After this game?
    • After the next game and before the end of the season?
    • After the end of the season?
    • During the next season?

2 hours ago, dylanlegend said:

Not really... just the manager.

i get that he's trying to bring through players like Chilwell etc but to start Chilwell / Choudary / Ihenacho / Gray with Albrighton at RB and Hamer in goal is criminal and just goes to show how clueless he is 

Couldn't disagree with you more. The squad is stale, the recruitment has been atrocious and who's picking the manager?

Everyone from the Thais down is in the firing line.

• Like 2

I voted in for the last two polls.

Maybe he does need time and his own players and the result could be worth waiting for ...but... he hasn't earned time.  You can't keep serving up this dross and expect to be given time.  Some signs of direction and improvement are needed to be given the luxury of time.

His number's up unfortunately.

3 managers in 15 months.  We are a joke.

• Like 1

To be honest, get rid now if we are going to, give us a few extra weeks to find the right replacement and give managers who may be interested chance to get their name forward before the summer. 

I hate saying this as I really actually Like Puel and his philosophy, but he simply isnt delivering. Part of me wants him to have a summer to build HIS squad so we can play his way, but the other part of me screams don't bother because Rudkin will only bring in more shit that can't play that way.

1 hour ago, peterborofox said:

If people want him gone I don't know why some have voted at end the end of the season....

Why sack him at the end? Get him gone now and have couple more weeks to search for someone.

Illusion of choice.

1 hour ago, martyn said:

Except it's not unwavering love is it, no need for hyperbole. No harm in thinking the club need a strategy to evolve the club and that Puel deserved a transfer window, which is what most of the "have patience" crowd were saying.

The stories of unrest in the media and collapse today show it's probably  too much of a challenge for Puel himself, even if the strategy to evolve the playing style were to stay the same.

Couldn't have put it better myself. 

Presumably whoever is identifying the potential transfer targets(and whilst there is a general feeling that this is probably  not solely the manager ) will have been conducting discussions with agents/ selling clubs etc since the last window closed. Sacking the manager at this stage is surely going to completely scupper the rebuilding programme if we have to start again, recruit a new manager and start from there. If the board and senior management are doing the transfer business and just need a compliant manager to work with the players they have identified I really fear for the future as more expensive misfits arrive from Portugal and russia..

1 hour ago, Larry_LCFC said:

Wow, people have gone from expressing their unwavering love for the bloke last week to wanting him gone today. Finally the coffee is smelt.

1 hour ago, southfox66 said:

So where are the 60%, that wanted him to stay after the last poll? 

1 hour ago, chapero82 said:

Yes seems the love affair is over! 

_52668559_orientalwhite-backedvulturegyp

The common denominator after every manager has been sacked since the Pearson Reign has always come down to the players. Not the managers, yes the book stops at the managers, and they make some shocking tactical errors, and we've had some strange ones, don't get me wrong, but for me if we don't get the deadwood out of our club it doesn't matter if you spend 10m bringing in a massive named manager or go for someone with balls, nothing will change. Our constant change has meant that these players constantly slip through the net, window after window. The likes of Morgan, Kasper, Simpson, Mahrez, Gray, Chilwell have all been pony this season. Then add in the fact we seem to be useless at recruiting Silva, Slimani, Musa, Kapustka, Mendy to name a few. I genuinely believe Puel given a summer could change the team, he's had six months to work out whats going on. I guarantee he knows who needs to go and who needs to come in. The problem is as much as I believe that another part of me thinks that he's a non-communicator, he finds it difficult to get his thoughts across to the team. How can he show passion and really get the team going when they can't understand a word he's on about. I have said a few times over different platforms, this summer is huge. We will have bids for the likes of Mahrez, Ndidi, Maguire, Vardy add to that this manager situation and getting the bad players out. If It were me Id cut ties now but make sure it's abundantly clear who needs to go in the next window to the next manager.    

1 hour ago, Larry_LCFC said:

Wow, people have gone from expressing their unwavering love for the bloke last week to wanting him gone today. Finally the coffee is smelt.

Rubbish. People don't have an unwavering love for him, just that they feel he could do a job for us beyond this season. It's a different opinion to yours.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, StevieB said:

The common denominator after every manager has been sacked since the Pearson Reign has always come down to the players. Not the managers, yes the book stops at the managers, and they make some shocking tactical errors, and we've had some strange ones, don't get me wrong, but for me if we don't get the deadwood out of our club it doesn't matter if you spend 10m bringing in a massive named manager or go for someone with balls, nothing will change. Our constant change has meant that these players constantly slip through the net, window after window. The likes of Morgan, Kasper, Simpson, Mahrez, Gray, Chilwell have all been pony this season. Then add in the fact we seem to be useless at recruiting Silva, Slimani, Musa, Kapustka, Mendy to name a few. I genuinely believe Puel given a summer could change the team, he's had six months to work out whats going on. I guarantee he knows who needs to go and who needs to come in. The problem is as much as I believe that another part of me thinks that he's a non-communicator, he finds it difficult to get his thoughts across to the team. How can he show passion and really get the team going when they can't understand a word he's on about. I have said a few times over different platforms, this summer is huge. We will have bids for the likes of Mahrez, Ndidi, Maguire, Vardy add to that this manager situation and getting the bad players out. If It were me Id cut ties now but make sure it's abundantly clear who needs to go in the next window to the next manager.    

The mood music at the club suggests that it isn't just a case of the players ( or some of them) v the manager . The management and owners appear to be more than willing to take soundings from the players and react to "dressing room unrest" -doesn't exactly help the manager 

Edited by surrifox

Puel's been the master of his own downfall. Was backing him before this game but when I saw Morgan back in for Dragovic, my patience ran out. 

He's been trying to keep certain underperforming senior players onside by continuing to pick them, when not giving younger, hungrier players starting places who may fit his style better. For example, as well as Dragovic, was hoping to see Barnes in the no.10 role today, especially after his performance earlier in the week for the U-23s. Even if we lose, at least it's supporting the development of the talent in the squad. Fans would have been more forgiving if he'd shown more bottle and the courage of his convictions, as we would have been building something, rather than taking the safer, more cautious route, irrespective of the result. 

His motivation skills are sorely lacking, the players just aren't going that extra mile for him. For example, in the quarter-final against Chelsea, we should have had the momentum going into extra-time but completely gave the initiative back to Chelsea. 

Ultimately, Rudkin is the the longer-term problem. As many have rightly said, there's no strategy or identity which is why we keep chop and changing managers. If Puel goes, surely he should go too. There's something to admire in loyalty but they need to be equally hard-nosed with the director of football who is clearly sub-standard for their and our ambitions. 

Not feeling very good about us atm. Have defended Puel until now, but today did not understand his decisions

Why drop Drago? Why start Hamza?

But today is not all down to Puel, though he decidely did not help us

Mahrez has looked bang average for the last few games and that man has no business looking band average. I'm sick of him. He doesnt deserve a top team and atm doesnt deserve us. Worried we're stuck with him

Morgan should not be starting. Why the chopping and changing at CB for no reason

Albrighton an idiot, frankly.

We have been getting worse and nobody has done anything about it and it might not be one man's fault but nobody deserves any praise from today. Truly depressing

Except Ndidi, who took an injury for this shower of s***. MOTM

34 minutes ago, Corky said:

Rubbish. People don't have an unwavering love for him, just that they feel he could do a job for us beyond this season. It's a different opinion to yours.

Oh come on. 60% in to 75% out in the space of one game is ridiculous. If people honestly thought what you say, that poll would still be saying 60% in.

Edited by Larry_LCFC

4 hours ago, broughtonblue said:

I would love to hear from anyone that made the effort and paid there money to be there today if they want him to stay 

I have been puel in since day 1. Been happy with the appointment but today was the last straw. Seeing players out of position for no reason, dropping players and no explaining why, subbing off players who are playing well. I've defended the indefensible for too long.

Players don't give a **** and puel has no idea what to do. Goodbye

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Larry_LCFC said:

Oh come on. 60% in to 75% out in the space of one game is ridiculous. If people honestly thought what you say, that poll would still be saying 60% in.

A lot of what I've read suggests that today was a turning point.

Unwavering love is the Pearson-related stuff on here, Puel has never and will never receive that. I'd say most are actively or reluctantly saying he should go now but I haven't seen an outpouring of love for him either on here or at the ground.

1 minute ago, Corky said:

Unwavering love is the Pearson-related stuff on here, Puel has never and will never receive that. I'd say most are actively or reluctantly saying he should go now but I haven't seen an outpouring of love for him either on here or at the ground.

There is a bit of a Pearson love in but the before and after would suggest that it has its merits.

Ideally I'd want someone else to be successful but it's proving to be very difficult.  Claudio won the league after yes but it's always felt like it was done with Pearson's presets. If anything the most disappointing thing with Claude is that for the first 8 weeks we looked to be moving on from Nige's time but we now find that we need someone like Pearson more than ever.

3 minutes ago, z-layrex said:

He just has to ****ing go. A Southampton fan I work with put it perfectly; "you used to be the English Althetico, now Puel has somehow managed to make even Vardy and Mahrez boring players".

Says it all really

come on Leicester sack this fraud and let’s go back to attacking teams

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Corky said:

But people were saying less than a week ago he is "clearly building something here, he needs time, he deserves the transfer window to get his own players" etc etc. How can that change after today? Says to me our fans don't actually have a clue what they want or they just like being argumentative.

Edited by Larry_LCFC