Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Matt_Lcfc

The owners.......

Amazing the lengths some will go to give the Thais infallible status. Wookie's absolutely spot on in his even-handed assessment and yet gets nowt but grief for it.

They can do no wrong for some, but the players who actually won the title have been fair game for way over the top abuse any time they've had a shit day/spell of form ever since? Proper double standards at work in our fanbase.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Fox92 said:

I know they probably think they did, but the owners didn’t actually win us the league.

I think you know very well what people are saying. Without them, we wouldn’t of either.

Edited by MPH

1 minute ago, Voll Blau said:

Saying that someone isn't above criticism is blatantly not the same as saying you hate someone.

but but but but but but but gold isn't a Leicester colour :cry:

1 hour ago, Ashley said:

but but but but but but but gold isn't a Leicester colour :cry:

You're obviously a bit hard of seeing so I'll say it again...

Saying that someone isn't above criticism is blatantly not the same as saying you hate someone.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

You're obviously a bit hard of seeing so I'll say it again...

No, I fully seen it the first time thanks for the concern though.

Nobody's perfect, and of course the owners aren't getting involved due to a life long love of LCFC - their prime interest is King Power and why wouldn't it be?

However, the knock on effect of the Srividni  Srivadinaph Thais getting involved with our club has been almost universally positive for LCFC and the success we've had this decade has been founded on the money they've invested in us. So really, they get an easy ride compared to how other foreign owners are treated by the fans of other clubs, and rightfully so, as they actually run LCFC sensibly.

How can anyone moan about our owners, we we're in the championship and league one for what 12-13 years? ffs we didn't even own our own stadium before they came in...Premier league title, championship title, champions league, new training ground complex, stadium expansion, financial security, exciting future the list goes on and on. Disgusting thread. 

2 minutes ago, richardsfoxes said:

How can anyone moan about our owners, we we're in the championship and league one for what 12-13 years? ffs we didn't even own our own stadium before they came in...Premier league title, championship title, champions league, new training ground complex, stadium expansion, financial security, exciting future the list goes on and on. Disgusting thread. 

Just ask Coventry how that can turn out, not owning your own stadium...

1 hour ago, Gerbold said:

But you and Wookie seem to be doing the same thing - on the other hand. Take the Sris out of the equation and where would the Club have been. They (or he) provided the confidence that come with the promise of money. That's not to be underestimated. City are a team that can now attract a certain level of player...and resist being obliged to sell them. I really don't know what more Sri could have done for the club. Perhaps you have an answer to that - which I would gladly read.

I don't disagree with much of your post, but I just find the hyperbolic nature of the "they won us the league" type posts a bit laughable. They landed on their feet with Pearson agreeing to come back to rebuild a base and club culture he'd already been building once before, then with the Ranieri appointment too and everything that followed.

Providing a solid financial base and being willing to invest in the club you own should be the minimum required of anyone running a football club (not that spending big has exactly helped us much when we've done it). Just because there are so many bad'uns out there, it doesn't make those who are generally good - like the Thais - immune from criticism over certain things.