Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

FT World Cup Prediction competition

On 17/05/2018 at 00:29, Suzie the Fox said:

I've never understood what this is. Is it like a prediction thing where you choose who will win the games? If so i would be super interested. :D 

nevermind i did it :D 

Yes it is.

Couldn't reply earlier, sorry but it's good to have you onboard. League is filling up nicely.

On 22/05/2018 at 09:04, Col city fan said:

lol

Alright I can see you want me to join in on the group. You kids these days... I dunno...

Now the tournament is more complete. We all needed a bar to aim for.

On 22/05/2018 at 10:58, The Doctor said:

In, althoughi didn't need to enter a code?

That's because I think you're special.

On 23/05/2018 at 11:22, Aus Fox said:

I'm in. First timer, how does the scoring work?

Your Superbru picks earn different kinds of points:

Superbru scoring has changed
We've made some important changes to our scoring system to make the game simpler to understand and fairer to play without losing the benefits of its sophistication.

1pt
If you pick the correct outcome
(winning team or draw)
+
2pts
If you pick the exact score
or
0.5pts
If you're close to the score

How do you define "close" in Superbru?

We use an equation which factors in goal difference and total number of goals. Don't worry about the mathematics - just follow this rule of thumb: You're close if you've picked the right outcome (winner / draw) and:

• Your score is 1 goal out...
  • ... or your score is 2 goals out, but you have the correct goal difference

What happens if there is a penalty shootout?

Your pick will be scored at the end of regular time or the end of extra time if the match is drawn after regular time. If a match goes to penalties it will be scored as a draw.

What if I don't make a pick?

You may still be able to earn a point through a default pick (a pick for the team the community most expects to win). You are eligible for 5 default picks in World Cup Predictor.

What's happened to Win Points, Margin Points and Bonus Points!?

Our familiar WP, MP, BP system has been replaced with the new system above. Win Points are unchanged. Margin Points come in the form of the 0.5 pt reward for being close, which still uses our Closeness Index equation. Bonus Points have been retired in favour of rewarding the exact score and not splitting the point if more than one person in a pool qualifies. Because of this, your score will be the same in every pool and on the global leaderboard.

22 hours ago, Rincewind said:

sorted. Thought I hadnt played before but it said i had an account. Just took time to find where you predict and getting back to leaderboard. just done half dozen for now

Good idea - then you can see who is playing well and who isn't as well as who has been selected.

14 hours ago, Wookie said:

Similar picks to Lovejoy and Kitch

I guess we'll all be fairly similar, especially in the first round or two. It's the small differencies that win or lose you the points.

• 3 weeks later...

Make sure that you've got your predictions in for the first few games at least.

Any final participants, there is still time to enter?

Good luck to everyone - I have no idea what to put for my results.

So far the only pre-tournament favourite to win a game, has been the shithousing French, who were mighty fortunate to beat Australia. Argentina, Brazil, Spain and Germany all failing to win.