Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

FIFA 19

46 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

So, the previously rumoured 88 OVR Flashback card isn't Vardy, ...

... it's Pato.

Somewhat underwhelming.

But they just can't dish out PL players all the time, so I understand where they are coming from.:whistle:

Sound. That would be pretty decent for me.

On 25/11/2018 at 13:20, HesNotGudjonsonn2 said:

Did the 82+ rated SBC and got Reina who I already had as untradeable and so had to discard. Just given EA another 12 cards.

i don’t know why I do it. I guess it is the gambler in us all. House always wins.

Same, just seems an absolute joke at times. It’s a really god TOTW this week so gamble is kind of worth it but makes it more depressing when you get a 78 player. I got Batshuayi for my latest. Come on... 

What is this shit??

I take the lead 2-1 in the first half with a one-man advantage.

After the break, my players start to move at 50% of their regular speed and I can't really control them, bags of cement... Then I go on to lose 2-3.:blink:

I feel betrayed.

The game punishes you for having a one-man advantage! lol I just won a game with a man less on the pitch. :dunno:

Edited by MC Prussian

2 minutes ago, Larry_LCFC said:

88 teams in division 5? All starting to get slightly ****ing silly now.

It's easier than it's ever been to have a good team, you get rewarded just for quantity really, smash out a load of squad battles, SBCs and rivals and even if you're wank you're going to have stuff to play with. 

It's a shame match making pays no mind to squad rating admittedly but then you'd probably just get people bronze benching again if they did anyway. 

Did say I wasn't going to do any untradeables this cos I pissed a lot away doing lots of special cards last year. Caved and did Pato mind. He only cost me about 50k as I had a lot of crap lying round my club including all my weekend rewards. 

Quite like him so far. 

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

It's easier than it's ever been to have a good team, you get rewarded just for quantity really, smash out a load of squad battles, SBCs and rivals and even if you're wank you're going to have stuff to play with. 

It's a shame match making pays no mind to squad rating admittedly but then you'd probably just get people bronze benching again if they did anyway. 

Did say I wasn't going to do any untradeables this cos I pissed a lot away doing lots of special cards last year. Caved and did Pato mind. He only cost me about 50k as I had a lot of crap lying round my club including all my weekend rewards. 

Quite like him so far. 

I have the worst pack luck. Probably opened 300-400 packs this year and not had a single player above 84.

2 minutes ago, Larry_LCFC said:

I have the worst pack luck. Probably opened 300-400 packs this year and not had a single player above 84.

Yeah but even without opening packs it's, what, 50+ for Rivals every week, plus whatever you earn from matches, probably about another 30+ from the WL. And even crap pack luck is still a few extra thousand in there, you can comfortably clear 100k a week without trading. 

That's not going to get you icons in a hurry but a week or two and you'll be picking up a Griezmann or Dybala or something who aren't much worse. 

Built a new PL team and have been on a great run in division 5 tonight, playing 8 and winning 7 of them. Still though, irritating to come up against teams with OTW Ronaldo and Rui Costa at that level.

Team is 4-3-1-2

GK: Pickford

RB: Ricardo

CB: Stones

CB: Bailly

LB: IF Chilly

CM: Oxlade-chamberlain

CM: Fred

CM: Doucoure

CAM: Lingard

ST: Vardy

ST: IF Arnautovic

Vardy is absolutely insane. Plays like a player rated way above 82. 

8 hours ago, MC Prussian said:

What is this shit??

I take the lead 2-1 in the first half with a one-man advantage.

After the break, my players start to move at 50% of their regular speed and I can't really control them, bags of cement... Then I go on to lose 2-3.:blink:

I feel betrayed.

The game punishes you for having a one-man advantage! lol I just won a game with a man less on the pitch. :dunno:

Are you the FIFA equivalent of Chris Hughton?! lol

5 hours ago, HoustonFox said:

Are you the FIFA equivalent of Chris Hughton?! lol

I would have loved to see you cope with that handicap. lol

Seriously, it really pissed me off. Slowing down my players on purpose because the game needs to even out the playing field for the sake of it is pretty low.

• Haha 1

Best. 

Patch. 

Ever. 

As someone that has always, always, always manually defended and who likes to play possession, this is absolutely divine. 

Two things stand out for me. Firstly, watching idiots who haven't read the patch notes try and rush press you and just passing the ball round them haha. The second is that, as someone that manually defends and always uses standing tackle, it's cracking me up how much other people are apparently not used to it. 

I used to give away far, far, more fouls than my opponents because they were always tackling with an AI defender. Now I'm getting fouled left, right and centre by people that have no idea how to time their manual tackles lol lol

This is glorious. 

25 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Best. 

Patch. 

Ever. 

As someone that has always, always, always manually defended and who likes to play possession, this is absolutely divine. 

Two things stand out for me. Firstly, watching idiots who haven't read the patch notes try and rush press you and just passing the ball round them haha. The second is that, as someone that manually defends and always uses standing tackle, it's cracking me up how much other people are apparently not used to it. 

I used to give away far, far, more fouls than my opponents because they were always tackling with an AI defender. Now I'm getting fouled left, right and centre by people that have no idea how to time their manual tackles lol lol

This is glorious. 

Just remember to turn off ‘constant pressure’ in your tactics if you ever used it. It now fvcks your team up for stamina if you have it on all game. I’m looking forward to seeing how the game plays now with the new patch.

New patch has helped me, too. Can compile more wins now - and even draws, imagine.

Game feels more natural and my defense can now carry that title with pride.

Also, to the people using constant pressure: The joke's now on you, enjoy your massive drop in stamina, suckers.

Btw, stamina drops in general have now increased, no matter what the tactics, keep that in mind. And the fitness cards at the ready.

3 minutes ago, buzzer_b said:

Just remember to turn off ‘constant pressure’ in your tactics if you ever used it. It now fvcks your team up for stamina if you have it on all game. I’m looking forward to seeing how the game plays now with the new patch.

Never used it at all except for on a few ultra attacking dynamic tactics if I'm desperate at the end of a game. 

TOTW predictions for Wednesday's bunch? My suggestions:

Bundesliga

Watch Caligiuri make it with three assists against Nuremberg - so much for his League SBC card (unless they make it a RM card this week).

Lukebakio - hattrick for Düsseldorf against Bayern Munich.

Volland - two goals against Stuttgart

Roussillon for scoring the winner against RB Leipzig

Piszczek - scored the 2-1 winner away at Mainz

La Liga

Sergi Enrich - Eibar's best player in their 3-0 win against Real Madrid

Santi Mina - two goals for Valencia

Tomas Vaclik - kept a clean sheet for the new La Liga leaders Sevilla

Christian Stuani - two goals for Girona against Espanyol

Serie A

Keita Baldé - two goals for Inter against Frosinone

Stefano Sorrentino - kept a clean sheet away at Napoli

Nikola Milenkovic - Fiorentina's best player in a goalless draw at Bologna