Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

FIFA 19

7 hours ago, Kyuubi said:

Just opened my jumbo rare player pack for the monthly and got strootman... What a disappointment

10 other packs including rare player, prime packs and mega packs and my best player is illaremendi.... pack luck is shocking this year!

Wow that's bad. I opened the jumbo rare player pack from the swap deals and got Marcelo, Thiago, Miranda and a couple of 84's/83's. 

Sure this game is designed to make you angry.

I accept I'm pretty average at it but last week I lost 1 rivals game all week.

Last night I lost about 7 in a row. Finally ground out 1 win for the swap deals then in next game i'm 2 up cruising and bang kicked out.

I've used my 1st weekend league token and an sure I'm just gonna get ****ed on last night's evidence.

27 minutes ago, Bayfox said:

Sure this game is designed to make you angry.

I accept I'm pretty average at it but last week I lost 1 rivals game all week.

Last night I lost about 7 in a row. Finally ground out 1 win for the swap deals then in next game i'm 2 up cruising and bang kicked out.

I've used my 1st weekend league token and an sure I'm just gonna get ****ed on last night's evidence.

Have you been promoted in Rivals? I went from Division 5 to 4 and the difference in quality was crazy. Literally every game I play is against teams with special cards, some with Legends but I seem to have adapted quite well to better teams since the patch, even though the other day I couldn’t win for toffee after it.

Gameplay has been slowed down to some extent, and your own players turn and run as if they've collectively put on 20 pounds each.

Given the fact that I've talked to @Jordan about the passing before, it also has seemingly been made more difficult to pass to your teammate when going forward.

Meanwhile, EA allegedly addressed the "CPU passing bug", where CPU-controlled teams would pass between their own players like crazy and with a speed and accuracy out of this world (totally unrealistic) - nothing's changed there.

It's so frustrating trying to intercept a pass and you're not getting nowhere near it - not even on Semi Pro. lol

Also, again - the impact on stamina has also been changed, players now fatigue an average of 2-3 points faster each game.

Edited by MC Prussian

15 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

This game is trash. Players don’t come towards the ball, turn like a fridge flat footed defending. 1 game down and I’m already pissed! Lost to the worst player I’ll play all weekend 

Players not coming to the ball is in my top five pet peeves in this game. Especially because the defender always does. 

56 minutes ago, buzzer_b said:

Have you been promoted in Rivals? I went from Division 5 to 4 and the difference in quality was crazy. Literally every game I play is against teams with special cards, some with Legends but I seem to have adapted quite well to better teams since the patch, even though the other day I couldn’t win for toffee after it.

Nah still in same division and my skill rating has tumbled after last night.

Started 0-2 in weekend but to my surprise won the next 2.

38 minutes ago, Larry_LCFC said:

Played 2 games of rivals last night. First game my whole team felt like a bunch of slugs and the second they were zipping around all over the place. So inconsistent.

That’s the thing that bugs me the most about it, the inconsistency. Feels like you’re playing a completely different game everytime you go on it. Hard to develop any real style of play. I’m the kind of player that likes to build up play with intricate little passes but today that’s been impossible. I’ve played 3 won 1 but I should’ve won all 3 

0-3 just playing a couple of games on my lunch break and I honestly want to smash my controller through my TV until its ****ed. This game has the ability to make me so ****ing angry and miserable at times and I don't have a clue why I bother. It's just not fun. 

I do the same thing everyone does I guess, you convince yourself it'll be different in the next match. Just one more match. It's addictive behaviour really I suppose. 

First game he was just miles better than me so I quit at half time 3-0 down as I'm in a bit of a rush. 

Second game 3-0 up and cruising. Second half he gets four goals in a row that are literally some of the weirdest most fifa bullshit goals you'll ever see, including a penalty where there was literally no contact and to make it worse I went the right way and ball actually goes physically through my keeper. 

Next game I'm 2-0 up and cruising and his come back goals include, but are not limited to, such ridiculous shit as a loose high ball in the box right underneath my keeper. You know the ones where your keeper just simply catches it 100% of the time? Yeah, no. Handanovic doesn't jump, he just punches his arm in to the air and it phases through the opponent's Pato who is just spamming the shoot button cos you can see his timed finish thing is red and it just bobbles in. 

I know I'm always ranting about how there's no handicapping in this game and it's all in your head but sessions like this make me really doubt that at times, just what's the ****ing point. 

There's no reward to actually being good at this game (and I have 0 problem admitting I'm very average and some people are just way better than me, hence the first match) when you can win just with that sort of crap. 

In both matches the opponent had **** all possession and pass accuracy and shots. I'm done. 

Just now, spacemunky said:

I'm almost glad I didn't make the WL this time. I need the break lol

Of course I'll still be playing though :P

I'll more than likely calm down and finish the 30 games and probably get the usual 15 odd wins. 

Just does my absolute nut in at times. 

The biggest problem I've had since the last but one patch is that connection has been absolutely dire. I used to get really confused by all the talk of input lag because I never really experienced it and wasn't particularly sure what people even meant. 

This year I get it in basically every match and it's gotten worse not better as the year has gone on. 

33 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

0-3 just playing a couple of games on my lunch break and I honestly want to smash my controller through my TV until its ****ed. This game has the ability to make me so ****ing angry and miserable at times and I don't have a clue why I bother. It's just not fun. 

I do the same thing everyone does I guess, you convince yourself it'll be different in the next match. Just one more match. It's addictive behaviour really I suppose. 

First game he was just miles better than me so I quit at half time 3-0 down as I'm in a bit of a rush. 

Second game 3-0 up and cruising. Second half he gets four goals in a row that are literally some of the weirdest most fifa bullshit goals you'll ever see, including a penalty where there was literally no contact and to make it worse I went the right way and ball actually goes physically through my keeper. 

Next game I'm 2-0 up and cruising and his come back goals include, but are not limited to, such ridiculous shit as a loose high ball in the box right underneath my keeper. You know the ones where your keeper just simply catches it 100% of the time? Yeah, no. Handanovic doesn't jump, he just punches his arm in to the air and it phases through the opponent's Pato who is just spamming the shoot button cos you can see his timed finish thing is red and it just bobbles in. 

I know I'm always ranting about how there's no handicapping in this game and it's all in your head but sessions like this make me really doubt that at times, just what's the ****ing point. 

There's no reward to actually being good at this game (and I have 0 problem admitting I'm very average and some people are just way better than me, hence the first match) when you can win just with that sort of crap. 

In both matches the opponent had **** all possession and pass accuracy and shots. I'm done. 

I thought you were loving the new patch though? :D

In all seriousness though I feel your pain. There is no doubt there are significant coding things that affect the luck. I'd use the term scripting but I don't mean it's impossible to win certain games, just very unlikely. It always happens and always will. You could argue it adds to the realism but being unpredictable but I think it actually detracts from those moments where somebody ridiculous or lucky happens, that would happen in real life so you'd take it on the chin.

I forgot why I hated playing the WL because of the stress ha. I'm 2-2 atm, one of the defeats in extra time but they sum up the above so well. First game, 3-0 after 40 mins the other player quits and things were going my way. Then the next 2 games, my players are like sloths, running away from the ball, every deflection to the other player and one of the goals; my player took the weirdest touch in my own box that would be impossible to do if I tried it myself.

Then I start the 4th game and immediately know I'll win as it's a complete reverse of the above; everything going my way (and the other person was pretty rubbish). Hard not to get wound up by this game.

And having some bizarre lag where the game stops then goes a million times faster for a few seconds. I've disconnected all other devices and running at a minimum of 65mbps. So this isn't even the kind of lag that affects both of us.

Wonder if I'll still have my sanity in 2 days time?

2 minutes ago, spacemunky said:

What's going on with player prices? High end player prices are through the roof.

I suppose players are stacking up for the TOTY SBCs. Or there's yet another Flashback card on the horizon.

And another. And another. And...

Edited by MC Prussian

3 games in and ready to smash my ****ing Xbox. First game 4-2 up with 5 minutes to go in extra time and lose 5-3. Next two games their keeper is like a brick wall and mine couldn't catch a cold. That flashback Sturridge is way overpowered. He was never that good.