Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

FIFA 19

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

Best. 

Patch. 

Ever. 

As someone that has always, always, always manually defended and who likes to play possession, this is absolutely divine. 

Two things stand out for me. Firstly, watching idiots who haven't read the patch notes try and rush press you and just passing the ball round them haha. The second is that, as someone that manually defends and always uses standing tackle, it's cracking me up how much other people are apparently not used to it. 

I used to give away far, far, more fouls than my opponents because they were always tackling with an AI defender. Now I'm getting fouled left, right and centre by people that have no idea how to time their manual tackles lol lol

This is glorious. 

Really? I'm the same and have lost 4 in a row although to be fair I think I'm having a little bit of lag and typical FIFA scripting

24 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Next thing they need to patch is the refs interpretation of the rules so these retards whose defending style is literally just running in to you with a 6'4 massive strength 90 unit and rugby tackling you. 

Then I'd almost be happy with the game tbh. 

Also the shit, dubious referee decisions when you don’t control a defender and he clatters the attacker, or where you do a perfectly sliding challenge and give away a penalty in the process.

Totes emosh, just sold IF Insigne who was my highest appearance holder and who I intended to keep all year. 

Needed to drop one of him, Mertens or Dybala though. Dropped Mertens at first being sentimental before realising I was being a sad bastard. 

Bought the IF Mertens for me now, even though I'm well aware it's an utter waste of money for a few +1 stats. I'll probably downgrade back again hastily if it looks like he's gonna bag a SIF so I don't waste too many coins on it. 

I just like special cards lol

6rll5e.jpg

Tempted by Koulibaly's IF for no really sensible reason haha. 

Reading @Finnegan‘s posts has got me thinking about players I’ve used in FUT that I like a little more than I should. 

My ultimate cult player is Jefferson Lerma. He’s somehow bagged me 22 goals in 60 appearances. I got a duplicate of him in a pack, and I sold the tradeable while keeping the untradeable, which is OK because I’ve decided he can stay at my FUT club forever.

Gone but definitely not forgotten is Valère Germain. He was superb for me when I was building my squad with French players but we’re on to bigger and better things, so he got put in a SBC or something. I scored nearly all headers with him, I actually thought he was a big dude but he’s really under 6 feet tall.

Gylfi Sigur[insert eth here]sson has been super prolific, last I checked his combined goal and assist per game average is over 0.8. I play some 2 CAM formations now because I have Christian Eriksen, who’s doing even better. Speaking of CAMs, Isco is my magic man when I play with my mostly Spanish squad.

John Stones is my leading appearance maker, but I love having Slabhead there.

For forwards, Vardy is so much fun. I didn’t have the stacks to do the Sturridge SBC but I got the loan card from the challenges, and he scored 5 in 8 for me.

I love Geoffrey Kondogbia, he’s an absolute beast in the midfield and so good when I play him as the CM in a 4321 with 2 CAMs. I also loved playing with Anderson Talisca deeper as a CM when I experimented with Brazilians in a 5221. Bernardo Silva is my best winger.

And Jan Oblak is a hero. That is all.

Now, for players I don’t like:

-Kepa. Seriously, f*** Kepa.

-Martial. Doesn’t play like an 84. I like playing with Rashford more. 

-Andres Iniesta... as a CM. I was looking to strengthen my midfield for my Spanish squad and I figured Iniesta was a good high quality bargain. I also figured I’d be knocking the ball all over the park with him. But I can’t play with him as a CM because he’s so weak on the ball and in the tackle. I’m putting this all on him and none of this on me for being a crap player.

However, I started throwing him out there as a CAM sub and that’s going well. He was the hero in one of the best DR games I’ve played recently: down 2-0, tied it at 2-2, then stopped two PKs with Oblak. Subbed on Iniesta in the 75th, and hescored a goal in the 85th after shaking off a defender with a croqueta and firing a left footed shot in the bottom corner from outside the box. Three minutes later, Iniesta hit a right footed volley top bin from 15 yards out to seal the win. Haters will say it’s scripted. ;) 

• Like 3

Dilemma. Don’t know whether to go for Pedro’s throwback card or go for the Jumbo rare player pack. I’ve already got SIF Mahrez as a right winger and he’s mainly used as a sub because I don’t use wingers but Pedro looks tasty.

Has anyone got/used him?

8 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Actually scratch that, Radja OTW has dropped to like 250, I'll grab that after rewards next week as long as he doesn't score against Roma. 

That'll be a better investment, he's bound to get an IF eventually. 

Isn't he injured?

38 minutes ago, buzzer_b said:

Dilemma. Don’t know whether to go for Pedro’s throwback card or go for the Jumbo rare player pack. I’ve already got SIF Mahrez as a right winger and he’s mainly used as a sub because I don’t use wingers but Pedro looks tasty.

Has anyone got/used him?

Games out all year, who knows when you might want a good Premier league winger. You get the mega pack, you'll only just get like Bas Dost or something. 

Get the completely unique special card, you can get mega packs like every week from WL. 

27 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Games out all year, who knows when you might want a good Premier league winger. You get the mega pack, you'll only just get like Bas Dost or something. 

Get the completely unique special card, you can get mega packs like every week from WL. 

Got SIF Mahrez and POTM Sancho on the bench pal so don’t really need another RW on the bench lol

13 minutes ago, buzzer_b said:

Got SIF Mahrez and POTM Sancho on the bench pal so don’t really need another RW on the bench lol

Yeah but maybe you'll want a Spanish fitness team or maybe just an 87 for an SBC. 

I mean obviously you could pull someone great but the odds are pretty good that you'll get about, 20k or something from your mega pack? 

Pato though :blush:

Edit: kinda wasted at CAM though, his passing is wank. 

Edited by Finnegan
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, buzzer_b said:

I’ll try them both out and see who works out best.

Put a Sniper chem card on Pato who now has 89 short passing so hopefully he will be decent at CAM.

Firmino is slower but better passing, it's probably worth swapping them in game with dynamic tactics, no? Pato cutting it from the left and Firmino linking everything up sounds tidy. 

5 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Firmino is slower but better passing, it's probably worth swapping them in game with dynamic tactics, no? Pato cutting it from the left and Firmino linking everything up sounds tidy. 

Worth a punt mate. I’ll give that a try also and see if it works.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, buzzer_b said:

Scrapped the Pedro idea and got Pato instead. What do you reckon lads?

I like using Brazil teams.

If you move Pato up top you might wanna look at Hulk or Talisca IF's in behind.

Don't underrate Paulinho, he was great for me.

Edited by spacemunky

3 hours ago, spacemunky said:

I like using Brazil teams.

If you move Pato up top you might wanna look at Hulk or Talisca IF's in behind.

Don't underrate Paulinho, he was great for me.

I like Paulinho’s card this year, well rounded, seems to do the job. 

IF Talisca and Hulk are great shouts tbf. Might try and save for them.

Edited by buzzer_b