Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

FIFA 19

Off to quite a nice start, 7-4.

Dont really want to stop while I'm ahead, having won three on the bounce but getting tired and don't want to stuff it up either. 

19 matches to get 7 wins is nice though, means I can have a dreadful Saturday and still do ok. 

Well horrendous start for me. 1-4.

My win was against probably the best side I’ve come up against, Prime Ronaldinho, Prime Makalele, Prime Desially (spelling). Smashing him 4-1 before he rage quit.

Then the rest were against crap sides but losing purely down to luck and me being in shit form. Lost two peno shootouts and bottling the rest. Nearly broke my controller last night as I was so frustrated man. Surprised I didn’t wake the little one and the mrs up.

What do people recommend as a formation? I’ve been switching between a lot and just can’t seem to find the right balance.

7 minutes ago, buzzer_b said:

Well horrendous start for me. 1-4.

My win was against probably the best side I’ve come up against, Prime Ronaldinho, Prime Makalele, Prime Desially (spelling). Smashing him 4-1 before he rage quit.

Then the rest were against crap sides but losing purely down to luck and me being in shit form. Lost two peno shootouts and bottling the rest. Nearly broke my controller last night as I was so frustrated man. Surprised I didn’t wake the little one and the mrs up.

What do people recommend as a formation? I’ve been switching between a lot and just can’t seem to find the right balance.

I suddenly became good at fifa this year when I switched to 41212 narrow and had my full backs to overlap.

• Thanks 1

I don't think FUT Champs is for me. I don't mind losing, but I feel like I'm playing the same team over and over again. I guess many use the same tactics and that works but it's horrible to play against and I don't really want to have to do the same thing as them to compete.

I think I'll go back to having the most expensive team that only plays squad battles and single player season lol

Oh, and the occasional friendly against @HoustonFox

Has anyone ever, ever won a game in WL when the pitch is covered in streamers and confetti and you're one win away from the next gold tier? 

I swear every time they do this "Cup final" shit I get absolutely dicked on for two or three games until it goes away and then I absolutely smash someone to wrap up the weekend. 

Decided to play my last 4 games, and won 3 of them (one on pens and one with two goals in the last 5 mins) to scrape gold 2. Delighted with that given it's the first time I've played weekend league. Timo Werner has been absolutely clinical. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Osavo said:

Decided to play my last 4 games, and won 3 of them (one on pens and one with two goals in the last 5 mins) to scrape gold 2. Delighted with that given it's the first time I've played weekend league. Timo Werner has been absolutely clinical. 

I had him in a draft, great player I'm tempted to buy just to use as a supersub.

Man I couldn’t do Fut Champs every weekend. It’s a right grind. I enjoyed it the first time but this weekend has been up and down. How I haven’t destroyed a controller I don’t know.

7-11 I think. It’s been a disaster but should be able to reach 11 wins hopefully. Think instead of rotating between two teams I’m just going to stick all my best players into one team and absolutely go for it.

7 hours ago, Osavo said:

On my first Fut Champs I used Werner and he was an absolute beast. It was only his normal card aswell. His IF cards must be crazy good.

1 hour ago, buzzer_b said:

On my first Fut Champs I used Werner and he was an absolute beast. It was only his normal card aswell. His IF cards must be crazy good.

Interestingly I had his first in form but his normal card has been far more prolific for me. Might have just been to do with the team I used his IF in to be fair, but weirdly his normal feels way stronger and makes better movement.

Kroos SBC is probably worth doing if he fits into your team. Same card more or less to his usual CL Card however the packs you get for completing it make it worth while. 

Cost roughly 96k

Kroos on the market 80k(both consoles). 

27 minutes ago, Devonfox1884 said:

I did Kroos for 35k as I already had a Busquets and Ibra in my club from rewards. Is proving to be useful sub.

Currently 15-4 in WL but gunna take a break for a bit as I’ve shithoused wins from my last 2 while playing awfully lol

What did you get in your packs? 

1 hour ago, Ashley said:

Kroos SBC is probably worth doing if he fits into your team. Same card more or less to his usual CL Card however the packs you get for completing it make it worth while. 

Cost roughly 96k

Kroos on the market 80k(both consoles). 

I am tempted to do the Kroos SBC but my club will take an absolute hammering. He will fit in the squad nicely though as I have CL Pique, Casemiro and Alba so linking him shouldn’t be an issue.