Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

FIFA 19

36 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

I see some people are still trying to trick opponents by boasting an extremely powerful starting XI, "balancing" it out with a poor Bronze bench.

So, instead of an 84 to 86 OVR, they go as low as 76, 77.

Ey.

Ive always wondered if this makes a difference? I’ve had bronze players on my bench before but I’d rather have the choice of 7 good players to bring on. 

1 hour ago, MC Prussian said:

I see some people are still trying to trick opponents by boasting an extremely powerful starting XI, "balancing" it out with a poor Bronze bench.

Ey.

lol lol you should check out this new show, Breaking Bad, I hear its meant to be good. 

Bronze benching has been a thing for years, match making used to be based off the rating of your team way, way back in some of the earlier fut. 

Then when that ended, people got obsessed with some tinfoil hat theory that if you had a low rated team you got a boost so bronze benches were some how powerful. 

It's pretty widely regarded now that that's a complete load of shit and that all you really accomplish by having a bronze bench is just having **** all options for subs. 

Not many people do it anymore and even the tinfoil hat wearing "scripting" obsessives have mostly stopped believing in it. 

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

lol lol you should check out this new show, Breaking Bad, I hear its meant to be good. 

Bronze benching has been a thing for years, match making used to be based off the rating of your team way, way back in some of the earlier fut. 

Then when that ended, people got obsessed with some tinfoil hat theory that if you had a low rated team you got a boost so bronze benches were some how powerful. 

It's pretty widely regarded now that that's a complete load of shit and that all you really accomplish by having a bronze bench is just having **** all options for subs. 

Not many people do it anymore and even the tinfoil hat wearing "scripting" obsessives have mostly stopped believing in it. 

Thank you for spectacularly missing my point - I did state that this was going on for years, I'm just surprised people still go for it.

The skill level system works against that, anyway.

Yes, you may argue that they run the danger of getting fudged in case of an injury, but even then, the risk is pretty low.

Never done it myself, just an observation.

I’m curious if anyone is actually in the know of this question and not just speculating?

Whether we are a person who believes in scripting or doesn’t, we all have noticed that we have games where suddenly your players move their limbs slower than a tortoise, shoot like Alinbiyi and tackle like a drunk clumsy oaf. I just had two in a row against lesser teams. I have noticed these patches come in little runs but not sure how they are worked out.

My question is how long do they last? Is it a matter of you need to play 5 games or 6 or 7 to get through the patch or is it a matter of turn of your console and you will be fine tomorrow?

anyone actually know? 

On 03/12/2018 at 11:23, MC Prussian said:

Could also be the case that they are simply not overly fussed with playing a match against a team where the most likely outcome is them losing. lol

There used to be a time when you could actually triumph over better teams in FUT using Silver and even Bronze squads (I did it with South Koreans or English Bronze squads in FIFA 11), but I think nowadays, the incentive just isn't there anymore, with all them special cards. IFs used to be such a rarity five or more years back.

On 03/12/2018 at 12:20, dbtcity said:

They’ll be trying to get relegated so they can bag easier wins to rank up before being promoted again! Scummers lol 

That’s what I figured. Their  club was also created in Nov 2018 so maybe they were  new but did well in some challenges and got put in Div 6 but kept losing. Maybe they had coin boost too or just people quit when they play teams like that. I never quit! 

On 03/12/2018 at 21:59, spacemunky said:

I don't know why I bother putting together a good team. The better my team gets, the worse I seem to do. At least the people in div6 can take satisfaction out of beating my high priced squad lol

Have you put Suarez as a ST yet?! 

11 hours ago, MC Prussian said:

Ey.

Nobbers

TOTW predictions for today, anyone?

Premier League

Javier Hernandez - two goals against Newcastle (IF would probably be in the 82 OVR region, so no worry for the Flashback card owners)

Ilkay Gündogan - goal and best player for Manchester City against Bournemouth

James McArthur - goal and best player for Crystal Palace against Burnley

James Maddison - well, there is hope…

Ander Herrera - goal and best player for Manchester United against Southampton

Pedro - goal and best player for Chelsea against Fulham (Flashback card owners, don’t sweat it - if at all, likely to be an 84 OVR)

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang - two goals and best player against Tottenham (88 OVR? - POTM card owners: Well, wasn’t it worth it?)

Serie A

Jasmin Kurtic (CM) - two goals and best player for SPAL Ferrara against Empoli

Juan Cuadrado - best player for Juventus away at Fiorentina (we could all do with another RM IF in Serie A)

Fabio Quagliarella - two goals for Sampdoria against Bologna

Juan Musso (GK) - best player for Udinese against Sassuolo

Cristian Ansaldi (LB) - goal and best player for Torino against Genoa

Alessio Cragno (GK) - plenty of saves and best player for Cagliari away at Frosinone

La Liga

Zurutuza (CM) - goal and best player for Real Sociedad against Celta Vigo

Alex Moreno (LB) - best player for Vallecano against Eibar

Iago Aspas - two goals for Celta against Huesca

Guido Carrillo - two goals for Legañes against Real Valladolid

Jorge Molina - goal and best player for Getafe against Espanyol

Lucas Vazquez - goal and best player for Real Madrid against Valencia

Bundesliga

Robin Zentner (GK) - best player for Mainz away at Düsseldorf

Jadon Sancho  (RM) - best player for Dortmund against Freiburg (second IF on the horizon, probably an 81 OVR) - OR finally an IF for Axel Witsel or Lukasz Piszczek

Marc-Oliver Kempf (CB) - best player for Stuttgart against Augsburg

Serge Gnabry (RM in that game) - two goals for Bayern away at Bremen (league SBC card owners will start looking over their shoulder)

Jordan Torunarigha (CB) - goal and best player for Hertha Berlin away at Hannover

Timo Werner - two goals for RB Leipzig against Mönchengladbach (would give him his third IF already)

Daniel Ginczek - goal and best player for Wolfsburg away at Frankfurt

Ligue 1

Timothée Kolodziejczak (CB) - goal for St. Etienne against Nantes

Loïc Rémy - goal and best player for Lille against Lyon

Gaëtan Laborde (RW/RF; second IF) - goal and best player for Montpellier away at Monaco

Denis Bouanga (LM) - goal and best player for Nîmes against Amiens (also a sweet Gabon link to Aubameyang)

Maxi Gradel (LM/LW) - goal and best player for Toulouse against Dijon

Pablo Martinez (CB) - goal and best player for Strasbourg away at Rennes

Bouna Sarr (RB) - best player for Marseille against Reims

Championship (plenty to choose from)

Oliver Norwood (CM) - goal and best player for Sheffield United away at Brentford

Will Vaulks (CDM) - goal and best player for Rotherham against QPR

Tammy Abraham - four goals for Aston Villa in a 5-5 home draw with Nottingham Forest

Michael Morrison (CB) - goal and best player for Birmingham away at Millwall

Lewis Grabban - two goals for Nottinham against Ipswich

Jarrod Bowen - two goals and best player for Hull away at QPR

Maikel Kieftenbeld (CDM) - goal and best player for Birmingham against Preston North End

Danny Graham - three goals for Blackburn against Sheffield Wednesday

Harry Wilson (LM) - two goals for Derby County against Swansea

Other

Frédéric Mendy - goal and best player for Setubal away at Maritimo

Rafa (RW) - goal and best player for SL Benfica against Feirense

Shoja Nakajima (LW; second IF) - goal and best player for Portimonense against Tondela

Douglas (GK) - best player for Guimarães away at Chaves

Luigi Bruins (LW/LM) - goal and best player for Excelsior against Utrecht

Fran Sol - two goals for Willem II away at AZ Alkmaar

Lerin Duarte (CM) - two goals and best player for Heracles Almelo against VVV Venlo

Mimoun Mahi - two goals for Groningen against Breda

Diego Valeri (CAM) - two goals and the game-winning goal in stoppage time for Portland Timbers in their playoff semi-final return fixture at Sporting Kansas

Demagoj Vida (CB) - best player for Besiktas in the derby win against Galatasaray

Stefan Klos - two goals and best player for Arminia Bielefeld away at Paderborn

Sebastian Andersson - two goals and best player for Union Berlin against Darmstadt

Simon Terodde - two goals and best player for Cologne against Greuther Fürth

Lee Jae Sung (CAM) - goal and best player for Holstein Kiel away at Duisburg

Miralem Sulejmani (LM; second IF) - goal and assist for BSC Young Boys away at FC Basel

Florian Flecker (RM) - two goals for Hartberg away at LASK

Robert Skov (RM) - hattrick for FC Copenhagen away at Horsens

Btw, when will the Road to the Final cards get their first update? At the end of the group stages or already now? Some teams have already qualified for the knockout stages (Atlético, Dortmund, Barcelona, Porto, Bayern, Ajax, Manchester City, Real Madrid, AS Roma, Juventus, Manchester United).

Edited by MC Prussian

Would love an in form Maddison at some point. His base card is actually pretty solid and a few upgrades would turn him into a good CAM - and a good perfect link to Vardy who is hard to build hybrids around.

Bought second in form Reus yesterday and he is absolutely phenomenal at centre CAM in a 4-2-3-1. Almost anything within 25 yards he absolutely pings into the back of the net. 

1 hour ago, Kyuubi said:

This years fifa is hilarious, so many people with super stacked teams yet are such garbage at the game lol, came across a team rated 88 with 3 prime icons, demolished him 4-0 and made him quit by half time lol. 

Some of them are bad, sometimes it's the game working against you (slowing down your own players, clumsy controls, passes going astray more than usually), sometimes it's also bad form and let's not forget the issue with lagging - I've had countless matches where lag popped up just before I was about to score (preventing me from scoring) or just before I could defend an opposing attack in front of my box (allowing the opposition to score).

It's not as easy as saying as people with better teams are automatically rubbish at the game, although I do get your point.

Edited by MC Prussian

37 minutes ago, Osavo said:

Would love an in form Maddison at some point. His base card is actually pretty solid and a few upgrades would turn him into a good CAM - and a good perfect link to Vardy who is hard to build hybrids around.

Love a Madders IF. Note to EA if he does get one: He played the entire match, so give him some damn stamina!

Premier League POTM in November vote open since yesterday:

https://plpotm.easports.com

Felipe Anderson

Digne

Robertson

Sané

David Silva

Sissoko

Sterling

Sané will win - because of his stats and because of all them fanboys. And playing against teams with that POTM card will be even more difficult. Great.

Personally, Digne would be great, as there are few good Premier League left-backs in the game. If not, Robertson (despite his previous IF).

Edited by MC Prussian

10 hours ago, HoustonFox said:

10 hours ago, HoustonFox said:

Have you put Suarez as a ST yet?! 

Sold him and most of my LaLiga players(cept for one little Argentinian).

Sold middle Vieira too. Didn't really want to, but I had sniped him for 2.8 mil and saw that the lowest one last night was at 3.2 so put him for just under that and bam! 200k+ in profit(even with EA tax).

Working on a new squad. Which is really what I mostly do anyway lol

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, spacemunky said:

Sold him and most of my LaLiga players(cept for one little Argentinian).

Sold middle Vieira too. Didn't really want to, but I had sniped him for 2.8 mil and saw that the lowest one last night was at 3.2 so put him for just under that and bam! 200k+ in profit(even with EA tax).

Working on a new squad. Which is really what I mostly do anyway lol

?width=620&version=2421993

How many coins do you have in total? That's quite the transfer kitty. Most people dream of having that much in-game monneh at their disposal for the entire duration of the game's life cycle.

56 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

Some of them are bad, sometimes it's the game working against you (slowing down your own players, clumsy controls, passes going astray more than usually), sometimes it's also bad form and let's not forget the issue with lagging - I've had countless matches where lag popped up just before I was about to score (preventing me from scoring) or just before I could defend an opposing attack in front of my box (allowing the opposition to score).

It's not as easy as saying as people with better teams are automatically rubbish at the game, although I do get your point.

No I get your point and agree with you, I guess what I mean is that it's so easy to get coins and packs this year that nearly everyone has a crazy team when in previous years they would probably settle for an average team rated around 84/85

11 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Genuinely might get that Bakayoko just to troll all the Premier league players that had him in every team last year. 

I had about 400 games with Bakayoko last year.

I currently use the FutSwap Guilavogui. Might have to try Baka though!

Edited by AKCJ

33 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

?width=620&version=2421993

How many coins do you have in total? That's quite the transfer kitty. Most people dream of having that much in-game monneh at their disposal for the entire duration of the game's life cycle.

Not to be bragadocious, but around 5 million. 

Some good pack luck(Gattuso, Auba 2X, Nainggolan, etc) and bought quite a few packs. I mean a lot of packs ;)

Once you get to a million it's easy to make money if you are patient and have way too much time on your hands lol

I buy icons late at night here, use them until I see them listed at much higher and then sell them.

Now if only I could figure out how to play the game!