Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
mhs123

Danny Ings.

Another player that has the ability if fit, he’s not a professional footballer by being crap. But will need the right type of service to really achieve. Slim would be great if he got the correct service. We need to know style of play and formation in plan A and plan B (hopefully we have one) before we can as fans really decide what fowards  are good for us. 

14 minutes ago, Lcfcbisto said:

Another player that has the ability if fit, he’s not a professional footballer by being crap. But will need the right type of service to really achieve. Slim would be great if he got the correct service. We need to know style of play and formation in plan A and plan B (hopefully we have one) before we can as fans really decide what fowards  are good for us. 

Dunno why we couldn’t have plan A and B at the same time. If you had Slim and Vardy on. You know, quick ball for Vardy, crosses whipped in for Slim when appropriate. Or is that too bloody difficult. 

4 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

Dunno why we couldn’t have plan A and B at the same time. If you had Slim and Vardy on. You know, quick ball for Vardy, crosses whipped in for Slim when appropriate. Or is that too bloody difficult. 

They might have different physical attributes but essentially they both want to play the same role - the no.9 spearhead striker. They'd just get in each other's way.

Just now, SouthStandUpperTier said:

They might have different physical attributes but essentially they both want to play the same role - the no.9 spearhead striker. They'd just get in each other's way.

Isn’t that what training is for?  They are professionals after all. 

1 hour ago, ARM1968 said:

I agree but that depends more on how you use the wingers. A lot of teams including us don’t just whip the ball in from wide. Teams like Burnley have done that well for years, which is why voles barns and wood score goals, we don’t so slim does not fit

1 hour ago, Lcfcbisto said:

I agree but that depends more on how you use the wingers. A lot of teams including us don’t just whip the ball in from wide. Teams like Burnley have done that well for years, which is why voles barns and wood score goals, we don’t so slim does not fit

Yes but what is stopping us?  It’s about intelligence, player flexibility, adapting to the situation. As professionals you’d hope they could. 

4 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

Yes but what is stopping us?  It’s about intelligence, player flexibility, adapting to the situation. As professionals you’d hope they could. 

I’m not sure at time but.

formation not allowing certain styles of play to achieved.

not having players to play in certain styles.

a manager pushing a completely different style and players not being able to change things up.

we tend to play wingers or wide men on the opposite side to there natural foot, which means they tend to cut back inside rather than the quick cross.

9 hours ago, Lcfcbisto said:

I’m not sure at time but.

formation not allowing certain styles of play to achieved.

not having players to play in certain styles.

a manager pushing a completely different style and players not being able to change things up.

we tend to play wingers or wide men on the opposite side to there natural foot, which means they tend to cut back inside rather than the quick cross.

I kind of agree and I do understand that we have generally set up to play to Vardy’s strengths. However it infuriates me that such highly paid professional players and manager appear to lack the flexibility, common sense and sometimes ability to excercise several game plans during the course of 90 mins. It really isn’t rocket science. 

On ‎28‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 22:53, Lcfcbisto said:

I bet Voles don't score many with his head.

On 28/07/2018 at 21:23, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Possibly. But they'd be going against their natural strengths and instincts. Someone would have to compromise.

On 28/07/2018 at 21:24, ARM1968 said:

Bit like a marriage then?:D

You have a wife who compromises? How'd you manage that? Can you start a thread?