Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
mhs123

Danny Ings.

2 hours ago, Foxy_Bear said:

I have a sneaky suspicion that we may play with 442 diamond next year which would require two up top..... 

Everything seems to point that way.... No serious links to wingers, attacking fullbacks, Gray talking about playing through the middle, Kaputska playing CM at the weekend, the amount of CM's we have AND Puel is known to use it. 

Make a sense to me. 

Except we've signed and will play an attacking fullback and we didn't have any wingers available to play at the weekend.

I can't believe we're even discussing this. Why would we even consider him when we have Slimani and Musa already in the squad. He's a sick note to begin with, and clearly he hasn't convinced Liverpool who already have an even bigger sick note in Stturidge, yet they're prepared to keep him.

We need to run away from this one.

3 minutes ago, ronnup said:

I’d be willing to gamble on Slimani and Musa and Kelechi personally. Sometimes it’s a case of settling in. Maybe they’ll come good. Only need one of them to do so. 

Settling in? 

lol COME OFF IT RON!

3 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

Settling in? 

lol COME OFF IT RON!

? optimistic ?

I have a lot of faith in Kelechi, I think he’s going to really grow this season. I just really want want the balance to afford to proper strikers and not have to employ the ‘box to box defensive striker’ Shinji. 

11 minutes ago, ronnup said:

? optimistic ?

I have a lot of faith in Kelechi, I think he’s going to really grow this season. I just really want want the balance to afford to proper strikers and not have to employ the ‘box to box defensive striker’ Shinji. 

I think Nacho will grow but I'd argue that Ings is a definite upgrade on anybody else we have in that position.

42 minutes ago, DANGEROUS TIGER said:

A fully fit Ings, is a fine player, but he is 32 now, and probably just past his best.

40 minutes ago, TaggertvsWise said:

He has just turned 26.

The Injuries really have taken their toll. :whistle:

42 minutes ago, DANGEROUS TIGER said:

A fully fit Ings, is a fine player, but he is 32 now, and probably just past his best.

40 minutes ago, TaggertvsWise said:

He has just turned 26.

Is Ings Nigerian?

If we're being linked with the likes of Ings and Jordan Ayew then one or more of the following are clearly true:

1. The owners are tightening the purse strings because of the forthcoming cost of our new training ground and stadium expansion. 

2. Any lustre that we had from winning the league has fully worn off, making it hard to attract more glamourous players. Competitors like West Ham and even Fulham have the advantage of being in London, whereas Everton have more history and are seen to be splashing a lot more cash than us.

3. We are at risk of breaking FFP rules because of the bloated size of our first team squad. I wonder if this will be a problem for lots of middle ranking PL clubs in future. Like us, many such clubs are buying players from lesser foreign leagues where wages and transfer fees are lower. Consequently, if these players fail in the PL, clubs abroad can't afford to buy them back and pay their wages, and other PL clubs don't want them as they've failed, so clubs end up lumbered with a growing number of such players the longer they stay up. By contrast, the big 6 are still able to shift their failures as other PL clubs will take a risk that their cast offs will be good enough for them, and the bigger foreign clubs with money will take the same view. 

• Like 3