Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
mhs123

Danny Ings.

11 minutes ago, Heymister2015 said:

Players linked are seriously crap! Hope we have bigger ideas 

Ings is not crap!!! I get it he is not a world class player.

But we are not a world class team so don't expect world class players. 

The highest calibre we could be fortunate to get would be the likes of thorgan hazard.

Townsend :-/

Good player and would suit us, but doubt he'd want to play second fiddle to Vardy as I understand he wants to play regularly. Could see him at Palace or Saints, or maybe even back at Burnley although they probably wouldn't put up the pound notes required.

Just now, Devonfox1884 said:

I’d take him if the price was right, but then again do we really need another striker? Vardy and Nacho should be fine.

I have a sneaky suspicion that we may play with 442 diamond next year which would require two up top..... 

Everything seems to point that way.... No serious links to wingers, attacking fullbacks, Gray talking about playing through the middle, Kaputska playing CM at the weekend, the amount of CM's we have AND Puel is known to use it. 

Make a sense to me. 

I'm always amazed how many of our fans would like to see us add players who are decent but don't improve the first XI.

We spend £20m on Ings then he sits on the bench with another four or five strikers and we don't have the money to spend on other positions. We love stock piling mediocrity, it's bizzare.

• Like 2

I think Ings is better than mediocre......when fit and playing regularly.

Depending on the planned formation, he could easily force himself into our starting line up.....when fit.

A place in the squad would really depend on us offloading though as we have too many forwards already.

However, the fee and wages he is likely to want/command would prove too much of a risk for me and could be better spent elsewhere.

I think he's a better player than 20m. It's injuries that are his problem.

He was in the England squad for Burnley, at his best he'd be our 2nd best striker.

For 20m that'd be good business. Slight gamble but one worth taking with Vardy not getting younger.

2 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

There's a lot of 'if fit' comments in here. Ings hasn't been fit for more than 2 years. 

Barring a couple of slight niggles he's been fine since last Christmas.

Before that he was recovering from an ACL injury.

Edited by AKCJ

Just now, Paddy. said:

There's a lot of 'if fit' comments in here. Ings hasn't been fit for more than 2 years

That's precisely why there's so many 'if fit' comments tbh.

Of course, you can't guarantee future fitness but it's his injury problems that probably put most people off, otherwise, there's no doubt he's good enough to play for us.

I think he's better than everything we have and would be a great back up for Vardy or as a third/squad striker but he won't play regularly here as Vardy won't be dropped, so very doubtful he'd come. I'd keep Vardy, Nacho and acquire Ings and say goodbye if possible to the rest, sadly including Okazaki who I love deeply!