Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest seanfox778

UEFA Champions League 2018/19

Genuinely been 3 minutes of vintage Harry Kane bum sucking since he scored, f’me. 

Good finish though, people won’t dare to admit it on here but Spurs have been quality across both legs in this tie. No bottling ere. 

1 minute ago, yorkie1999 said:

think this coming back from an offside is wrong, the defence has to concentrate both forwards and behind them, even though there’s a player in an offside position.

He's not offside when the ball is played though. 

It's fine. 

2 minutes ago, Manini said:

Genuinely been 3 minutes of vintage Harry Kane bum sucking since he scored, f’me. 

Good finish though, people won’t dare to admit it on here but Spurs have been quality across both legs in this tie. No bottling ere. 

I'd say its overboard to say they've been "quality" tonight. They've just parked the bus. 

It's also worth noting that Dortmund had a huge number of injuries in the first leg and their form has collapsed in the last five or so weeks. 

I don't mean to disparage Tottenham, as much as I clearly don't like them, I'll happily give credit where its due. But I think if Dortmund play both legs with the team they have out tonight (plus maybe Delaney) then they probably win overall. 

Just now, Finnegan said:

I'd say its overboard to say they've been "quality" tonight. They've just parked the bus. 

It's also worth noting that Dortmund had a huge number of injuries in the first leg and their form has collapsed in the last five or so weeks. 

I don't mean to disparage Tottenham, as much as I clearly don't like them, I'll happily give credit where its due. But I think if Dortmund play both legs with the team they have out tonight (plus maybe Delaney) then they probably win overall. 

Take your point re the first leg, but they played what’s in front of them and won at a canter. Did what was asked of them and did it well. 

Any other British team does what they have tonight and it would be “what a brilliant away performance in Europe” and to be honest that’s exactly what it is. Atletico have made a living off of stuff like this in the CL. It isn’t done yet they might lose 5-4 yet but I’ve been impressed with them they’ve showed a bit of grit when it mattered. 

Just now, Manini said:

Take your point re the first leg, but they played what’s in front of them and won at a canter. Did what was asked of them and did it well. 

Any other British team does what they have tonight and it would be “what a brilliant away performance in Europe” and to be honest that’s exactly what it is. Atletico have made a living off of stuff like this in the CL. It isn’t done yet they might lose 5-4 yet but I’ve been impressed with them they’ve showed a bit of grit when it mattered. 

I don't especially disagree with any of that other than, like I said, I'm not sure I'd necessarily call their performance "quality" more just routine. They've done what they needed to. 

Just now, AKCJ said:

That time was an hour ago mate.

My decision making on these nights is notoriously shit. lol

Ajax! Take note Dortmund, this is how you finish. 

• Like 1

Just now, StanSP said:

He's not offside when the ball is played though. 

It's fine. 

I realise that, but he has come back to get himself just onside as the pass is made which, for the defender, means he needs to be looking in both directions at the same time. 

1 minute ago, yorkie1999 said:

I realise that, but he has come back to get himself just onside as the pass is made which, for the defender, means he needs to be looking in both directions at the same time. 

How do you prevent that? 

3 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

They're 4-0 up on aggregate against the supposed best team in Germany.

Fair play to them. 

Let's be fair, Bayern are still the best team in Germany and will win the league. Probably still by about 5/6 points. 

Dortmund lost to Augsburg the other night pretty comfortably. Their form has gone very, well, Spursy tbh lately. 

Back to the Ajax game, I think the commentators are getting way too excited tbh, surely the ref is disallowing this. 

Edited by Finnegan