Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest seanfox778

UEFA Champions League 2018/19

2 minutes ago, fazzyfox said:

Good to see a strong Ajax team back in the mix it brings a bit of variety beyond the usual suspects. 

Bet Rodgers will look back with regrets. Big historical clubs like Ajax and Celtic could be resurgent forces in Europe going forward.

27 minutes ago, kingfox said:

Holland have so much potential in the years to come with the likes of De Ligt, De Jong and Van de Beek coming through.

Weirdly enough, despite his failings at Everton they’ve probably got the perfect person in charge to make the most of that potential now too

16 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Just hope this Ajax team dont get stripped apart by the richer clubs in the summer and I emphasise the word hope...

It 100% will. 

Frenkie is already gone, De Light is the Mbappe of defenders and has been lined up by half of Europe's elite already, Ziyech is long overdue his big move to Germany or England. 

This campaign will probably secure van de Beek a move. They could well be left with Dolberg, Neres and Tagliafico all for just another year before they piss off if their form is consistent again. 

It's just part of life at Ajax. Their academy never stopped being world class but their league gets worse and worse the more tv money is pumped in to Europe's top four or five leagues. The Eredivise is just awful these days. 

There's some talent there but none of it lasts. 

Also, just an aside but as good as Ajax were tonight, they aren't even top of their league and whilst they've got some promising kids - they've also got a lot of guys that'll never play much higher than the Eredivise. 

Take nothing away from Ajax but also don't under estimate just how shit that Real performance was or how bad they are atm. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, That_Dude said:

Ramos must feel so good right now. Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.

4 hours ago, Izzy said:

Typical arrogant fvcker thinking he could have a rest as the tie was already won. Serves the cvnt right.

4 hours ago, That_Dude said:

I'm absolutely soul destroyed about what happened to him and this club. Can't stand them.

4 hours ago, trabuch said:

I wonder if Pochettino will be tapped up now.

Him or mourinho

tenor (4).gif

Edited by Jattdogg

13 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Also, just an aside but as good as Ajax were tonight, they aren't even top of their league and whilst they've got some promising kids - they've also got a lot of guys that'll never play much higher than the Eredivise. 

Take nothing away from Ajax but also don't under estimate just how shit that Real performance was or how bad they are atm. 

100% this. They've done well in Europe but don't be thinking the side they've got is anything that special, when all is said and done Tadic looked like an utter world beater last night. Madrid are just a mess.

13 hours ago, Finnegan said:

It's just part of life at Ajax. Their academy never stopped being world class but their league gets worse and worse the more tv money is pumped in to Europe's top four or five leagues. The Eredivise is just awful these days. 

Interestingly all the Dutch clubs including Ajax and PSV agreed to pool their European money into a big pot which is shared between the Eredivisie, This is to keep the division as competitive as they can 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Interestingly all the Dutch clubs including Ajax and PSV agreed to pool their European money into a big pot which is shared between the Eredivisie, This is to keep the division as competitive as they can 

Cracking that is. Nice to hear. Never happen here lol

Just seen United’s list of missing players for tonight’s game 

Nemanja Matic, Ander Herrera, Juan Mata, Jesse Lingard, Alexis Sanchez, Anthony Martial, Phil Jones, Matteo Darmian, Antonio Valencia and Paul Pogba 

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

Thought he'd right ****ed that up then. Well recovered. 

He still looks about two Lukakus more than he should be mind. Get that man a salad. 

Which game are you watching Finners? You know, just so I can make sure I watch the other :D

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

The one with two goals so far lol

Awful defending. Great from Mbappe but how on earth is Bernat free. 

I missed it. I figured you were watching the Man U game so naturally I chose Porto v Roma lol

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Izzy said:

I missed it. I figured you were watching the Man U game so naturally I chose Porto v Roma lol

What makes me chuckle about this is I went with the opposite logic. 

Normally I'd avoid the English team and go with the tie that looks more competitive. 

So I defied my own selection policy and here goes. Although it looks like both games aren't bad atm. If PSG get another I probably will swap. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

Buffon :( 

Well done to Utd for staying in the game but that should be easy pickings for Buffon.

Even the greats make mistakes. Especially at forty odd! 

Rashford showing everyone why  there's no harm deciding to just shoot when nothing is on. 

Our shooting from range is bollocks. We either don't do it or we do it terribly. It can create all kinds of chaos. 

Just now, Finnegan said:

Even the greats make mistakes. Especially at forty odd! 

Rashford showing everyone why  there's no harm deciding to just shoot when nothing is on. 

Our shooting from range is bollocks. We either don't do it or we do it terribly. It can create all kinds of chaos. 

Tielemans needs to get shooting (not a criticism that he doesn't do it) - I'd just love to see it more given how many screamers he's scored for Anderlecht. 

We're too slow at doing it or it falls to Ndidi and someone in the crowd gets hit instead lol