Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest seanfox778

UEFA Champions League 2018/19

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

He might be a bellend off the pitch but you've got to appreciate Griezmann on it. 

86th minute and one minute he's chasing these up front, next he's happily holding at right back. Man does graft. 

Their whole team set up is just pure class, they epitomise what we shold aspire to long term.

On 20/02/2019 at 17:00, StanSP said:

Simeone lollol 

This guy is fantastic. Bring him in. 25 mill and 10 mill a season lol. Forgive the different font sizes i copied and pasted from my phone.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11838/11648214/atletico-madrid-boss-diego-simeone-charged-over-juventus-gesture

Atletico Madrid boss Diego Simeone has been charged with improper conduct following an obscene gesture during his side's Champions League win over Juventus.

Following Atletico defender Jose Gimenez's opening goal in the 2-0 win last Wednesday, the Argentine turned to his team's fans and grabbed his crotch.

Speaking after the game, Simeone insisted the action was to demonstrate his side showed "balls" for the way they saw off the Serie A leaders during the first leg of their last-16 tie

Speaking to Sky Sports Italy, Simeone explained, "It means we have balls, a lot of balls. To start (Diego) Costa and Koke after they hadn't played for a month takes balls."

"I did it as a player at Lazio and Bologna and I did it again to show our fans that we have 'cojones'.

"It wasn't aimed at the other team, I was turning towards our own supporters. It's not a nice gesture, I'll admit, but I felt the need to do it."

However, UEFA have taken a dim view of the incident and their disciplinary panel will judge the case at a later date.

Simeone could face the possibility of a touchline ban with the second leg of the encounter set to be played in Turin on Tuesday, March 12.

Meanwhile Juventus coach Massimiliano Allegri also faces an improper conduct charge for his team being late on the field for kick-off.

Edited by Jattdogg

Poch is the new Wenger, seriously, shit moany excuse for everything. 

I can't even be arsed to watch tonight. If BVB turn them over I'll regret not seeing the bottle job live but I just can't see it. 

Dortmund have been absolutely shit recently. 

I watched the Augsburg game at the weekend and they were absolutely terrible. 

• Like 2

Not sure whether to have any sympathy Tottenham, or not.

Reasons for:

- A decent manager who plays attractive football, with decent players overall at his disposal.

- They have rarely spent anything over the past few seasons and they're willing to give up-and-coming English players some appearances, including in difficult-looking fixtures.

- Felt, despite them 'bottling it' over the past few years, they've been pretty unlucky at times.

Reasons against:

- Their manager seems to blame anyone else for his side's shortfall during critical league/tournament moments where they've gone quite far.*

*A very recent example of that is today; where he felt three days from their last fixture to day is still not enough for them to prepare for the game at Dortmund tonight (yes, he has a point in Dortmund had another day to prepare, having played on Friday, but still feels like a big excuse - especially if they, somehow, concede a 3-goal aggregate lead and manage to lose the tie overall tonight..).

- Some of their fans appear to have their screws unlose when they lose and, like their football club's manager, tend to take a swipe at other teams/clubs/referees/the media when their team is defeated or if they feel injustice had occurred during any of their games which they hadn't won.

9 hours ago, Super_horns said:

Not sure the excuse that Dortmund played 18 hours before Spurs did at the weekend will wash if Spurs manage to lose a 3-0 lead .

Reckon Spurs will score anyway .

When did he want to play the game? There was a midweek set of games and Tottenham played on the Wednesday so Friday would've been difficult. Sunday wasn't available either. Did he complain about the 28 hours extra preparation for the Chelsea match after they played Burnley and Chelsea had the cup final?

Honestly, just get on with it. 

• Like 1

Tbf if anyone can **** this up it's Spurs. 

You just need some awful Roy Hodgson, Tony Pulis job here to see it out but you can see BVB nabbing two and Spurs making it hard as they panic. 

Then probably sealing it with a late offside Kane toepoke.