Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CosbehFox

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 2

Just now, Zaphod Beeblebrox said:

So saying that Alex Scott is attractive makes me what exactly? Do you not find her attractive? Have you never looked at her and thought so or are we not allowed to mention it? You are making no sense.

As was pointed out, it's irrelevant here, as is my taste in women (or men for that matter).

1 minute ago, HighPeakFox said:

As was pointed out, it's irrelevant here, as is my taste in women (or men for that matter).

So finding someone attractive is irrelevant because they are a football pundit.  Was it ok to find her fit on Strictly or not? Again, just so us knuckle draggers know where the line is.

So finding someone attractive is irrelevant because they are a football pundit.  Was it ok to find her fit on Strictly or not? Again, just so us knuckle draggers know where the line is.

It's irrelevant in a debate about the quality of her punditry. 

Alex Scott is a good pundit regardless of what she does or doesn't have between her legs. 

Yes, I'm sure that her being female makes her more attractive to hire for TV companies as it portrays equality but the simple fact is, shes far more balanced and measured than idiots like Owen, Murphy, Souness, Keane and countless others. Some of the pundits that we have are God awful.

I think it's lazy and short sighted to suggest that one of the few decent ones we have is there because She's an attractive lady. 

I mean, c'mon, Clinton Morrison gets plenty of work and he speaks like he has pretty significant learning difficulties yet we are going to question Scott being hired before him?

*Note* Despite him being terrible at his job.... I do happen to like Clinton Morrison. No idea why.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

It's irrelevant in a debate about the quality of her punditry. 

Yep. It’s 2021 just let her crack on without being sexualised at work come on lol I don’t see any (female) posters coming in and talking about how sexy and gorgeous Graham Souness and Gary Neville are 

:ph34r:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Zaphod Beeblebrox said:

Is it then irrelevant because of the quality of her dancing?  When does it become acceptable to find someone attractive?

FFS man.

Nobody, but nobody has said it is unacceptable to find her attractive. They have, however, suggested that mentioning it in a debate about her punditry is irrelevant to the debate, and also an indicator of the double standards women are often held to.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

Yep. It’s 2021 just let her crack on without being sexualised at work come on lol I don’t see any (female) posters coming in and talking about how sexy and gorgeous Graham Souness and Gary Neville are 

Ngl, I always had a hot spot for Shearer. 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Zaphod Beeblebrox said:

Is it then irrelevant because of the quality of her dancing?  When does it become acceptable to find someone attractive?

1. What? 
  2. Inside your head / when you are encouraged to provide your feedback
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Foxy_Bear said:

Alex Scott is a good pundit regardless of what she does or doesn't have between her legs. 

Yes, I'm sure that her being female makes her more attractive to hire for TV companies as it portrays equality but the simple fact is, shes far more balanced and measured than idiots like Owen, Murphy, Souness, Keane and countless others. Some of the pundits that we have are God awful.

I think it's lazy and short sighted to suggest that one of the few decent ones we have is there because She's an attractive lady. 

I mean, c'mon, Clinton Morrison gets plenty of work and he speaks like he has pretty significant learning difficulties yet we are going to question Scott being hired before him?

*Note* Despite him being terrible at his job.... I do happen to like Clinton Morrison. No idea why.

Again, no one has said that. Do you really think that the TV companies would have hired her if she looked like Jabba the Hut?  That of course is a seperate debate entirely.

Again, no one has said that. Do you really think that the TV companies would have hired her if she looked like Jabba the Hut?  That of course is a seperate debate entirely.

Discriminatory to Jabba the Hut too?

Gender isn't an issue and I get that having ex pros adds an insight and authenticity that is beneficial, but the best ones are generally journalists. They know the game and can articulate it best. Anyone who watches the BT champs league goals show will know that. 

As has been said, most punditry is garbage. Murphy, Merson, Crooks, et.al are all thick as pig shit and just roll out clichés with the occasional faux outrage over something totally meaningless to try and stay relevant.

• Thanks 1

I became an uncle for the first time last year to my niece. A few months later City announced they were acquiring the women's team and they were going professional. This made me proud to see us finally taking the women's game more seriously, but also hopeful because it would open up even more opportunities and avenues for my niece when she grew up. There's a new pathway for her to get involved in playing, coaching, officiating or literally anything behind the scenes, that didn't exist before. I'm pushing her into playing in the hope she can get me free tickets :fc:.

There's plenty of men involved in the women's game, mainly due to the fact it's still growing, but also often because they're men and are given the role (Phil Neville as England coach?!) - I can't see any reason why women can't be involved in the men's game. Sian Massey is a fine lineswoman and has been for many years now. Stéphanie Frappart was by far our best referee this season. 

I like Alex Scott. I think she's a fresh voice on punditry panels and provides insight that some others - from a different generation - lack. She's also clearly very talented - cynics will claim that the BBC giving the likes of her and Jenas presenting work in other fields is quota filling, but they both obviously have a talent for it and why not give them the opportunity?

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Zaphod Beeblebrox said:

Probably not but there lies the inequality. 

It appears that female pundits not only have to be good at their jobs but they also have to be attractive which is a slap in the face when folk like Joleon Lescott, who is neither of those things gets regular work. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

How can you hold the moral high ground then laugh at Suzies comment. That is blatant doube standards.  If you find it offensive for me to suggest that Alex Scott is Fit (she is) than how is it ok for Suzie to say that she finds Shearer fit?  I think for the record Suzie should be allowed to say that.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Foxy_Bear said:

Probably not but there lies the inequality. 

It appears that female pundits not only have to be good at their jobs but they also have to be attractive which is a slap in the face when folk like Joleon Lescott, who is neither of those things gets regular work. 

So it is wrong to find her attractive because the TV companies employed her knowing she is attractive. Ok then...

• Haha 1

How can you hold the moral high ground then laugh at Suzies comment. That is blatant doube standards.  If you find it offensive for me to suggest that Alex Scott is Fit (she is) than how is it ok for Suzie to say that she finds Shearer fit?  I think for the record Suzie should be allowed to say that.

Because what she wrote was clearly for comedic purposes? Well that’s how it came across to me anyhow.

Mate can’t lie you’re having a mare on this thread lol 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zaphod Beeblebrox said:

So it is wrong to find her attractive because the TV companies employed her knowing she is attractive. Ok then...

Haha agreed. It's much like Redknapp is only on their because he's sex on legs and a charming bloke.

I very rarely hear something from a pundit pre/post match that makes me think "ahh, I hadn't notice or thought of that"