Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CosbehFox

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 2

4 minutes ago, Zaphod Beeblebrox said:

What is wrong with her. I find her informative and she at least knows what she is talking about unlike some of the shit pundits today like Danny Murphy and Tim Sherwood who keep on beating the big 6 drum no mstter what. 

Easy on the eye too. A win win for me. 

She was absolute bang on in her analysis of Villa yesterday at half time. As opposed to waffling on commenting on the analysis package the producers/editors had cooked up 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Zaphod Beeblebrox said:

What is wrong with her. I find her informative and she at least knows what she is talking about unlike some of the shit pundits today like Danny Murphy and Tim Sherwood who keep on beating the big 6 drum no mstter what. 

Easy on the eye too. A win win for me. 

That last but one sentence just lost all credibility on your post to be fair mate 

• Haha 1

Alex Scott is the pits. Like lots of pundits, she started off ok but now she just points out the obvious all the time and isn't particularly articulate. People either think she's a good pundit because they want to feel inclusive or because they fancy her. Not exactly like many of the male pundits are any better mind you. Even Gary Neville came out with some absolute rubbish on his podcast about us.

Shame that's sky's football punditry is so far behind all its other sports which are often excellent.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Zaphod Beeblebrox said:

Imagine being such a sad act you get offended by me saying I think she is fit. 

Not offended at all, just think it was a bit weird and irrelevant bringing up a pundits looks when you were discussing their punditry ability. You seem angry broooo chill 

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, peach0000 said:

All I said is I hate the word snowflake. It's overused and is often used to put down people with valid opinions without providing any kind of intelligent or informed counterarguments. I always find it hilarious how the people who use the term in question are often the ones best described by the term. Offended by everything.

Anyway I won't go off topic anymore. This is probably one for the 'What grinds your gears' thread. 

Don't be such a sno.. Oh forget it. 

1 hour ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Yeah getting really ****ed off at the podcasts which blatantly claim they prove decent insight but instead do **** all.

Part of me wonders whether Totally have been pushed by the Athletic to be more clickbait. Although I happen to think a lot of their pundits now just talk shit such as Carl Anka and Storey clearly does not enjoy as a Loughborough based Forest fan pointing out Leicester’s success (even more so when he predicted that we’d have a poor season). 

Guardian football is better but no hugely so. That largely depends on their journalists on. 

Increasingly enjoy listen to BBC’s Daily Football effort which is largely fluff (although Danny Simpson on it today let a couple of bits slip which were interesting) but it’s very good for the midweek games as it’s edited from Mark Chapman and the reporters from the game. In particular the Monday Night Club 

Anka is a bellend, in a crowded field of sanctimonious football journalists he’s the worst. Michael Cox is the best regular, Matt Davies-Adams is good too and doesn’t let his Forest bias cloud his judgement.

I’ll have to give the BBC one a listen, Chapman is great - thanks for the reccomendation.

6 hours ago, Stadt said:

Anka is a bellend, in a crowded field of sanctimonious football journalists he’s the worst. Michael Cox is the best regular, Matt Davies-Adams is good too and doesn’t let his Forest bias cloud his judgement.

I’ll have to give the BBC one a listen, Chapman is great - thanks for the reccomendation.

In fact after I posted this, I listened to last night ‘a Monday Night Club and it concentrated on the clubs challenging the big six. Rory Smith is very good and probably too nuanced for most podcasts 

The real question is, should a woman be commenting on men's football when you're literally putting her in front of dozens, if not hundreds of ex professional footballers that are male, purely to appease modern societal demands.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, shade said:

The real question is, should a woman be commenting on men's football when you're literally putting her in front of dozens, if not hundreds of ex professional footballers that are male, purely to appease modern societal demands.

Why should former male footballers be 'put ahead of' former female footballers?

Simon Jordan fighting our corner a bit saying our squad is far better than Spurs. Danny Murphy saying they're on par with each other but that Mourinho has failed in coaching his players to be better.  I think they are both right in a way. I think Jordan is saying our squad is better to defend Jose. He is a big Jose fanboy.

Edited by Koke
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, Stadt said:

Not normally a cry baby about our media coverage but the Totally Football Show today didn’t speak about us at all, mentioned the result and spoke about Grealish’s injury for a couple of minutes. Invisible men.

It's almost like people are taking for granted how good we are. Us being in top 4 and winning again isn't very newsworthy apparently. 

Edited by Koke
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Koke said:

Simon Jordan fighting our corner a bit saying our squad is far better than Spurs. Danny Murphy saying they're on par with each other but that Mourinho has failed in coaching his players to be better.  I think they are both right in a way. I think Jordan is saying our squad is better to defend Jose. He is a big Jose fanboy.

Listened to this yesterday, I think Simon Jordan makes a good argument for us really. If you had to Objectively pick a combined 11 what would it be? I think we'd get the majority in pretty comfortably. 

I'm mates with a couple of spurs fans who want about 8 of their first 11 to go before mourinho lol