Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CosbehFox

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 2

3 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

Because what she wrote was clearly for comedic purposes? Well that’s how it came across to me anyhow.

Mate can’t lie you’re having a mare on this thread lol 

So you can make a joke about it if it is a man but if I had said it about Alex Scott then I would be berated for it by what I believe would be the minority of snowflakes on the forum. Double standards again.  I disagree that I am the one having a nightmare on here.

Just now, ftfagos said:

I’d just be happy, once in a while, to watch one of our games without listening to a ‘you could cut it with a knife’ Scouse accent.

How dare you!  You should not be listening to their accent as they are there to analyse football not where they were brought up. lol

2 minutes ago, Zaphod Beeblebrox said:

So you can make a joke about it if it is a man but if I had said it about Alex Scott then I would be berated for it by what I believe would be the minority of snowflakes on the forum. Double standards again.  I disagree that I am the one having a nightmare on here.

If you can’t see the difference then you’re either lying or just as dense as I thought you were! Probably the latter. 

‘Snowflakes’ lol ironic when it’s you that’s getting incredibly offended by the replies to your initial comments. 

Thats me done in here, like trying to talk to a brick wall. Basic message is: don’t go sexualising girls at work because it’s creepy and doesn’t have any baring on the quality of their performance 👍

Why can't people accept it should be about you skill, knowledge and ability whether you can do a job.

Not your gender, colour of your skin, your religion, sexual orientation, social background.

It's simple really, all of us, no matter who we are, have had a door shut in our face at sometime in our life due to some form of discrimination.

Don't fear change.......

4 hours ago, ARTY_FOX said:

Alex Scott's alright if the subject is arsenal. Otherwise she's talks the same breeze and clichés the others do about anyone outside the big 6. 

Neville is the best by a country mile for me. Carraghers one of the worst. 

Agreed. She offers no different view to male pundits.

I feel people try and justify her because she's a woman.

Most pundits, male or female, are shit lets be honest. Good ex-footballers, but failed managers, trying to tell current managers what to do.

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 3

47 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

And for that I'm bloody glad. Imagine having to shell out for that name on the back of your kids shirt? Another reason why I'm glad Ormondroyd was pony too.

Oh I'm not sure about that.  Maybe half giraffe?

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

And for that I'm bloody glad. Imagine having to shell out for that name on the back of your kids shirt? Another reason why I'm glad Ormondroyd was pony too.

I remember being told I wasn't allowed Gunnlaugsson on the back of my shirt 😂

33 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

As was pointed out, it's irrelevant here, as is my taste in women (or men for that matter).

Generally he's being very, ahem, oldskool in his replies, but TBF if you read his original post (unless I'm missing an earlier one) he specifically separates his positive view of her ability as a pundit with his similarly positive views viz a viz her looks. (I might have missed him saying the former is partly based on the latter since then)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

If you can’t see the difference then you’re either lying or just as dense as I thought you were! Probably the latter. 

‘Snowflakes’ lol ironic when it’s you that’s getting incredibly offended by the replies to your initial comments. 

Thats me done in here, like trying to talk to a brick wall. Basic message is: don’t go sexualising girls at work because it’s creepy and doesn’t have any baring on the quality of their performance 👍

Actually you keep saying I am all angry when in fact I am sitting at work laughing about the millitant bollocks you are spouting.  What is worse is you call me dense yet you can't see where you have double standards because it suites the Snowflake agenda.

I am not offended by anything you have said.  You were offended by me finding Alex Scott attractive.  How you think by me finding someone attractive on the tele is sexualising girls in the workplace (actually you should be using the term female) is just plain weird. 

Alex Scott is fit.  There I said it.  I also think she is really good at punditry too. :cool:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Zaphod Beeblebrox said:

Actually you keep saying I am all angry when in fact I am sitting at work laughing about the millitant bollocks you are spouting.  What is worse is you call me dense yet you can't see where you have double standards because it suites the Snowflake agenda.

I am not offended by anything you have said.  You were offended by me finding Alex Scott attractive.  How you think by me finding someone attractive on the tele is sexualising girls in the workplace (actually you should be using the term female) is just plain weird. 

Alex Scott is fit.  There I said it.  I also think she is really good at punditry too. :cool:

I can just tell you’re an absolute dinosaur 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, turtmcfly said:

Generally he's being very, ahem, oldskool in his replies, but TBF if you read his original post (unless I'm missing an earlier one) he specifically separates his positive view of her ability as a pundit with his similarly positive views viz a viz her looks. (I might have missed him saying the former is partly based on the latter since then)

No you haven't missed anything.  Apparently my opinion of her punditry skills is invalid because I also think she is attractive.  This in turn makes me a weirdo sex case apparently as she is talking about football.  I still do not know at which point it is ok to find her attractive as there does not seem to be a line drawn.

Edited by Zaphod Beeblebrox

Maybe but at least I am not a pc pansy like you.  I can tell you think you are superior in some way.

Anyway you still have not answered the question we are all dying to know.  Do you think Alex Scott is fit or not?

Edited by Zaphod Beeblebrox
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Why can't people accept it should be about you skill, knowledge and ability whether you can do a job.

Not your gender, colour of your skin, your religion, sexual orientation, social background.

It's simple really, all of us, no matter who we are, have had a door shut in our face at sometime in our life due to some form of discrimination.

Don't fear change.......

This may be true, but, and i'm sorry if people disagree, football is about passion from a pundit and commentator point of view when you watch the match and i just don't get that from female pundits. Reeling off tons of stats and being extremely knowledgeable might be fine for some, but i want to here Gary Neville type OOOOOOO's and Gooooooooooooooaaaaaaalllll's  and there's only one thought i'd have if Alex Scott started doing that. It also reminds me of olympic netball.

Can I volunteer for dinosaur status as well please as I find her attractive too. If any ladies out there said that they found me handsome or attractive it would be unusual but welcomed immensely. I promise not to feel sullied or used.

• Like 3

Just now, Zaphod Beeblebrox said:

No you haven't missed anything.  Apparently my opinion of her punditry skills is invalid because I also think she is attractive.  This in turn makes me a weirdo sex case apparantly as she is talking about football.  I still do not know at which point it is ok to find her attractive as there does not seem to be a line drawn.

I think calling people snowflakes and pc pansies is probably not helping your case Mr. Beeblebrox

I'd defer to the female members of FoxesTalk as to whether saying Alex Scott is attractive, per se, makes them feel uncomfortable. I might at the same time, in an attempt to get their honest and balanced opinion, utter the phrase 'lightly buttered Iborra'

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, TamworthFoxes said:

That is true but I never understand it as a reason to support having female pundits.  It is obvious the real reason is to seem PC.

As an example, it could be argued that Big Dave Postlethwaite who played for the Dog and Duck in the Blackburn Pub League for 18 years and scored an unbelievable 830 goals should also have the same right to rock up as apundit on the BBC.

Played the game and was succesful  - Tick

The Professional game a lot higher standard than what he played at - Tick

So poor Big Dave has got the same credentials as Alex scott but never gets a look in.  Wont somebody think of the equal rights of Pub Players/pundits who never get a chance.

Poor comparison really. Big Dave has never played professional football. 

If you think she’s only on there to be politically correct then you’ve obviously never listened to her insights. 

If you had a builder coming round your house but it was a woman, and she had more success and similar levels of experience at her job than anyone currently on that firm, would you turn her away?