Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Carabao Cup aka EFL Cup aka League Cup Thread 2018/19

28 minutes ago, Osavo said:

In fairness, Moss was not the one to blame in this situation. The board hadn't gone up and the substitution hadn't been officially confirmed. I thought he handled the situation well by going over to the Chelsea bench and asking if they were going to make the sub, or whether he could continue the game. 

Ah in that case I retract my criticism, I thought the substitution had actually gone up. 

33 minutes ago, Osavo said:

In fairness, Moss was not the one to blame in this situation. The board hadn't gone up and the substitution hadn't been officially confirmed. I thought he handled the situation well by going over to the Chelsea bench and asking if they were going to make the sub, or whether he could continue the game. 

The board had gone up. The assistant ref was showing a substitution. Moss had to make a decision before the game could continue and he asked Sarri if he wanted to make the substitution. Sarri bottled it and had a tantrum. He couldn't make a decision from what I could see so decided to leave Keppa on and then turned to walk down the tunnel but, having thought about things decided, rightly, to come back. He was utterly undermined by a player and that shows a weakness in him as a manager. Keppa was completely wrong and should go, but they can't sack him because they can't sign a replacement.

I don't get thw massive deal with Kepa. He was being subbed because they thought he was injured, he wasnt injured so didn't need to come off.

If it was a tactical choice by the manager and the player refused to come off then I could understand the reaction.

Imagine he'll be disciplined in some way, but its nowhere near the big deal its been made out to be. It's also not "player power".

8 minutes ago, filbertway said:

I don't get thw massive deal with Kepa. He was being subbed because they thought he was injured, he wasnt injured so didn't need to come off.

If it was a tactical choice by the manager and the player refused to come off then I could understand the reaction.

Imagine he'll be disciplined in some way, but its nowhere near the big deal its been made out to be. It's also not "player power".

But it was a tactical sub, regardless of any injury. Sarri wanted Caballero in goal for the penalties. Caballero was warming up ages before Keppa got an injury. Sarri is now saying that he thought Keppa had cramp but then recovered and wanted to stay on. If that was the case, why did Sarri throw his teddy when Keppa refused to come off? Sarri wanted to make a change of keeper and Keppa refused to accede and Sarri didn't have the balls to make a stand against one of his players.

Edited by Parafox

3 minutes ago, Parafox said:

But it was a tactical sub, regardless of any injury. Sarri wanted Caballero in goal for the penalties. Sarri is now saying that he thought Keppa had cramp but then recovered and wanted to stay on. If that was the case, why did Sarri throw his teddy when Keppa refused to come off?

Wait which one is it? Did Sarri say it was because of the injury or did he say he wanted Willy in for the pens?

Prettt sure if it was tactical he would have dragged Kepa off himself.

2 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Wait which one is it? Did Sarri say it was because of the injury or did he say he wanted Willy in for the pens?

Prettt sure if it was tactical he would have dragged Kepa off himself.

Lack of control and the balls to make his position as manager not be undermined by a player.

Sarri has now said he thought it was cramp, yet he had Caballero warming up for 15 m ins before trying to sub Keppa.

Edited by Parafox

Tbh this has happened many a time ...  I remember Clough making a sub and the player shouting "Fook off gaffer !" and refusing to come off and Cloughie would jump about and start to run down the tunnel with his mouth hanging open ...   and Alf Ramsey could never get either of the Charlton brothers off ..  they used to just sit down and refuse to budge ...  Jack mentions in his autobiography .. " The minute they said I was coming off I used to bend down and tie my boot laces up until the ref got fed up waiting "  ...       Old news !

10 hours ago, Nalis said:

Whats worse, Kepa refusing to come off or Tevez refusing to come on for Man City a few seasons ago in the champions league?

Tevez.

Kepa can claim the injury wasn't as bad as first thought and he was fine to continue, Tevez had no excuse to defy his manager, just that he didn't want to go on. 

Edited by Facecloth

12 hours ago, filbertway said:

It was obviously a tactical sub.

Willy Caballero is very, very good at saving penalties and they were warming him up all of Extra Time.

2 hours ago, Facecloth said:

Tevez.

Kepa can claim the injury wasn't as bad as first thought and he was fine to continue, Tevez had no excuse to defy hid manager, just that he didn't want to go on. 

Yes, both dick moves I would tend to agree thats Tevez was worse.

48 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

It was obviously a tactical sub.

Willy Caballero is very, very good at saving penalties and they were warming him up all of Extra Time.

I didn't see him warming up before the first time Kepa went down.

Seems more like a bunch of people came to their own conclusions quickly and are now trying to make something out of a pretty none event. It's the world we live in though, something has to be a big deal. Everyone will have forgotten about it come Wednesday morning and be talking about the next "big deal" thing that happened.