Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sol thewall Bamba

Battlefield V

Surprised no topic on this yet that I could spot.

Anyone been playing the Beta? Can't make my mind up at the moment, some aspects look great but some look really gimmicky, and I've seen some mixed responses from the usual Youtubers so far. Most likely won't get a chance to download and play the Beta before it closes again but keen to hear thoughts of anyone that has played it. 

6 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Surprised no topic on this yet that I could spot.

Anyone been playing the Beta? Can't make my mind up at the moment, some aspects look great but some look really gimmicky, and I've seen some mixed responses from the usual Youtubers so far. Most likely won't get a chance to download and play the Beta before it closes again but keen to hear thoughts of anyone that has played it. 

Heard mixed reviews from most that have played it also.

And rumors of aim bots

Surprising, they'd have had to royally fuk up to ruin Battlefield One's formula. Wouldn't surprise me if some streamers were just sticking the boot in because of playable females myself 

Really like it personally, think it plays better than BF1 overall. Main problems with it at the moment seem to be technical ones i.e. the sound, squads and revives are all pretty broken at the moment. 

Needs polishing over the next couple of months but the core mechanics, especially the movement and gunplay, seem excellent

25 minutes ago, Guest said:

Really like it personally, think it plays better than BF1 overall. Main problems with it at the moment seem to be technical ones i.e. the sound, squads and revives are all pretty broken at the moment. 

Needs polishing over the next couple of months but the core mechanics, especially the movement and gunplay, seem excellent

Seems pretty standard for a EA game then. Perhaps I'll wait a couple of months after release and the worst of the bugs have been patched. 

6 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Seems pretty standard for a EA game then. Perhaps I'll wait a couple of months after release and the worst of the bugs have been patched. 

Probably not a bad idea. Out of interest, which bits struck you as being gimmicky?

3 hours ago, Guest said:

Probably not a bad idea. Out of interest, which bits struck you as being gimmicky?

The weapon customization mainly, I don't want a holographic sight and a tiger patterned stock on my Lee Enfield lol

Also pedantic but the vehicle choices (the tanks in particular) are strange imo. 

18 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

The weapon customization mainly, I don't want a holographic sight and a tiger patterned stock on my Lee Enfield lol

Also pedantic but the vehicle choices (the tanks in particular) are strange imo. 

Hardly used the tanks so can't really comment, but the customisation wasn't too outrageous from what I could see. The camos and attachments looked like they fit the setting/maps and the sights weren't actually all that great, not much of an improvement on iron sights. I can see why it'd put you off but as far as I could tell they've gone about it the right way, especially since one of the complaints people had about BF1 was the lack of customisation.

4 hours ago, Kyuubi said:

Reskinned BF1, really lazy I'm avoiding this one.

The "BF1 re-skin" comments are lazy. New squad mechanics, overhauled weapon handling, big changes to ammo + health systems, fortification, changes to the classes with the addition of sub-types, new modes including PvE. It's objectively quite different to BF1.

14 hours ago, whoareyaaa said:

Still a lot more realistic and dynamic compared to COD 

People trot this out all the time but when COD WW2 came out the aesthetics were all pretty genuinely period. 

It's only as its gone on that it's been filled up with ridiculous fortnite dances, neon camo, laser coloured sights, glowing guns, silly costumes, etc. 

They're competing with fortnite for players and revenue, they're going to do it eventually. I'm not justifying that, **** no, but the cynic in me expects it. 

As for gameplay? Eh, different strokes. Cod is meant to be an arcade shooter, battlefield isn't. I personally thought cod ww2 was a much better cod game than Battlefield 1 was a battlefield game, if that makes sense. 

I own and play both, by the way, and like both. I get why people obsess over the differences between them and hype over them but they're just both alright series tbh. 

8 hours ago, Finnegan said:

People trot this out all the time but when COD WW2 came out the aesthetics were all pretty genuinely period. 

It's only as its gone on that it's been filled up with ridiculous fortnite dances, neon camo, laser coloured sights, glowing guns, silly costumes, etc. 

They're competing with fortnite for players and revenue, they're going to do it eventually. I'm not justifying that, **** no, but the cynic in me expects it. 

As for gameplay? Eh, different strokes. Cod is meant to be an arcade shooter, battlefield isn't. I personally thought cod ww2 was a much better cod game than Battlefield 1 was a battlefield game, if that makes sense. 

I own and play both, by the way, and like both. I get why people obsess over the differences between them and hype over them but they're just both alright series tbh. 

I have always played COD myself but I think I have simply out grown it and judging by the feel of this new Battlefield it looks like they have got it just about right in terms of a proper multiplayer shooter that is realistic and fun.

I've seen people are referring to it as Battlefield Vagina over all this left wing ideology drama with the developer. Couldn't really care less about all that, but the beta just makes it seem like a re-skinned BF1. Yawn!

Edited by z-layrex

I love that it's "left wing drama" that a game developer wants to appeal to a wider audience to make more profit. 

Let's be honest, female characters in COD WW2 and Battlefield V are nothing to do with either political correctness or realism, it's just marketing. 

It's straight up capitalism and about as libertarian a practice as you can get, has got **** all to do with the left wing. lol

Edited by Finnegan
  • Like 1

• 6 months later...
  • 2 years later...
On 04/05/2021 at 21:24, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

Came out on plus today. Will give it a go but not holding my breathe, heard almost exclusively negative things about it, as a bf2/desert combat vet from way back when, not sure it'll be up my street. 

It's not bad, just not great. Feels like BF1 but WWII and with none of the atmosphere

A couple of times I've joined games and there's 2 or 3 slots taken out of the 32 in the mode, and if you quit out to rejoin it just keeps putting you back in the same game. Either a massively annoying bug or loads of people have abandoned it, probably the former