Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
cityfanlee23

So many "puel out" calls from fans, so who replaces him?

3 minutes ago, Babylon said:

I think it's pretty obvious what point I'm making, the same people slating Puel for "under achieving" are the one who regularly slate the recruitment. If the recruitment has been poor, how on earth do you think we've got the best squad we've ever had? It's a squad filled with potential, but so many are still completely unproven in this league.

Anyone but the manager is untouchable here though, it'll all be Puel's fault if we slip down the table and a change is made. Might help if he tried a more balanced setup but I'm not as enamoured by our recruitment as many are. 

12 minutes ago, Babylon said:

I think it's pretty obvious what point I'm making, the same people slating Puel for "under achieving" are the one who regularly slate the recruitment. If the recruitment has been poor, how on earth do you think we've got the best squad we've ever had? It's a squad filled with potential, but so many are still completely unproven in this league.

And I don't slate the manager for recruitment. I never have and I won't start now just to suit an 'agenda' that you claim people have.

Likewise to the point you're trying to make you can't have it both ways, so much for Puel needing a window to bring in 'his' players hey.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Matt said:

And I don't slate the manager for recruitment. I never have and I won't start now just to suit an 'agenda' that you claim people have.

Likewise to the point you're trying to make you can't have it both ways, so much for Puel needing a window to bring in 'his' player hey.

What are you talking about.

Just now, Babylon said:

So you think the recruitment has been good then, that you could only name 4 out of 20/21 signings that were any good?

20 since Puel became manager? Are you sure?

6 minutes ago, Matt said:

Likewise to the point you're trying to make you can't have it both ways, so much for Puel needing a window to bring in 'his' player hey.

That's a fair point.

Just now, Babylon said:

I said since we won the league, not since he became manager.

That's immaterial to the debate. Nobody is blaming Puel for things that happened before he came here.

some wag is now going to say that we are.

1 minute ago, Webbo said:

That's a fair point.

Why is it, it makes no sense. The whole point around Puel bringing in "his players" is him being able to bring players in that suit his style. Not that he'll personally go out and sign the players, that was never the argument. That's exactly what we've done in terms of getting players like a 10 that's comfortable on the ball.

Just now, Babylon said:

Why is it, it makes no sense. The whole point around Puel bringing in "his players" is him being able to bring players in that suit his style. Not that he'll personally go out and sign the players, that was never the argument. That's exactly what we've done in terms of getting players like a 10 that's comfortable on the ball.

And a fullback that isn't a defender.

• Like 1

Just now, Webbo said:

That's immaterial to the debate. Nobody is blaming Puel for things that happened before he came here.

some wag is now going to say that we are.

It's not immaterial to the debate at all, pretty much all my recent replies were about how someone here thought that this was our best squad ever. The squad was signed over multiple seasons, much of which was before Puel arrived. So it's entirely relevant.

15 minutes ago, Babylon said:

What are you talking about.

The same thing as you.

20 minutes ago, Matt said:

the same people slating Puel for "under achieving" are the one who regularly slate the recruitment.

So I assume you're pointing at the like of me.

Yet i've never slagged previous managment off for being let down and failed by the recruitment, so no matter how much of a problem I have with Puel it's on thing I won't slag him off for.

Regarding me claiming you said people say this just a suit and agenda, I must appologise, I thought you'd said something along those line but i've had a look and can't find anything along those line so it must have been someone else. The point still stands though regarding I won't change things just to suit an agenda.

18 minutes ago, Babylon said:

As for these comments, much was made of Puel needing a window to bring in 'his' players at the end of last season.

Now it seems and again I appologise if i'm barking up the wrong tree but it seems like you are sticking up for Puel for being let down or failed by the recruitment, something I claimed probably would happen thus the 'giving Puel a window' arguments pointless.

Those same people cannot now suddenly shift the blame off Puel, if they genuinely believe Puel needed a window, needed to bring 'his' players in  if that's what they genuinely believed and were happy, they cannot now look, question and point the finger at recruitment.

21 minutes ago, Matt said:

The same thing as you.

I'm not sure we are :D

It's aimed at people who constantly moan about shit signings, but also suggest the squad is great and Puel is under achieving. If you fall into that category then it's about you, if you don't then it's not.

I'll try and summarise because I think it's all gone off track a little. This all stemmed from someone suggesting this is our best squad ever, the conversation wasn't particularly about defending Puel or anyone else. Purely I'm debating how it could possibly be our best squad ever when we've had such poor recruitment since we won the title. Our squad has some young exciting talent, with lots of potential. But at the moment that's all it is, potential. Few players have proved themselves in this league, if they have they are aging and being phased out.

The person I was talking too mentioned others having blind faith, I said I think there is some blind faith going on with our squad. Because to me few of them have proven anything, two managers have been sacked for us either being in, or being nailed on for falling in the bottom three. Yet people are absolutely sure it's all his fault and that we're underachieving solely because of him.

I think it's far more likely it's because we've had shocking recruitment, we've had a big chunk of players needing to be replaced at the same time, we've lost our best players and we've now got a young team (which comes with inconsistency). Yes Puel can fall in that list as well, he's the manager at the end of the day. I'm unsold on him so far like many people are, but I'm also aware there are problems that are having to be addressed with the squad that doesn't help. Whether it's him or someone else in charge, my opinion on the squad doesn't change... I'm not sure it's as good as people think it is YET!

Edited by Babylon
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, Old Fox said:

I am not sure it will or should.....the owners are like the large majority still to be convinced as are a number of the players....

He is dull, uninspiring which is mirrored by his teams and this with a squad talented enough to be showing progress and entertaining the fans.

Hopefully they will act and put us out of our misery so we can start to show some ambition on the pitch to match the owners off it!

But, as per the title of this thread, who will come to us (realistically) who shows more ambition? Two Cup quarter-finals last season and an emphasis on youth which has seen three of our young first teamers become involved with the England squad. As long as Europe/Cup wins are our aim (even, if as happened last year, we fall disappointingly short) and we have a squad chock full of youth/academy products which we can be proud of then I can't claim to be too unhappy to keep the bloke in place and give us relative stability, which we desperately need, even if it can be frustrating at times (though surely most of us recognise times of frustration are fairly par for the course supporting City?). Another sacking and, as I've said before, the clock's reset again.

The bottom line is that if we keep sacking managers at the rate we have been (no matter how necessary that has been in some cases), no one capable of fulfilling what Puel Out lads think we're capable of will actually come to us.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

But, as per the title of this thread, who will come to us (realistically) who shows more ambition? Two Cup quarter-finals last season and an emphasis on youth which has seen three of our young first teamers become involved with the England squad. As long as Europe/Cup wins are our aim (even, if as happened last year, we fall disappointingly short) and we have a squad chock full of youth/academy products which we can be proud of then I can't claim to be too unhappy to keep the bloke in place and give us relative stability, which we desperately need, even if it can be frustrating at times (though surely most of us recognise times of frustration are fairly par for the course supporting City?). Another sacking and, as I've said before, the clock's reset again.

The bottom line is that if we keep sacking managers at the rate we have been (no matter how necessary that has been in some cases), no one capable of fulfilling what Puel Out lads think we're capable of will actually come to us.

Very well put - for all the 'dull football', five Leicester players have been called up to the England squad from the World Cup. Surely if it's that dull, these five wouldn't have been picked. 

• Like 1

Some of our fans in fact 21 are beyond belief. Comments on the Leicester Live page about the sun's report yesterday. 

Oadbywizzz said its not just the sun but the mail online running with it. 

Then quotes the story. "after 2 wins from 12 premier league games has Puel recieved backing from the chairman. But after Saturdays 0-2 home defeat to West ham" 

lol lol 14 agreed with him 8 disagreed lol lol so 21 think we lost to wet spam on Saturday lol lol

Yet these people are getting to voice an opinion that may result in a sacking they probably all get a vote as well. 

Edited by sylofox

14 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Very well put - for all the 'dull football', five Leicester players have been called up to the England squad from the World Cup. Surely if it's that dull, these five wouldn't have been picked. 

It's so frustrating, because a lot of what Puel wants to do matches up with my thinking. It makes me proud to see us with a young talented and English core to the team. If only he could get it to click fully on the pitch I'd be bloody thrilled, the stuttering is fine when the people in charge accept it's a transition period and we have lots of young players... but there has to be targets for when that transition ends and when the kids are sufficiently experienced and it stops becoming a (valid) excuse for our inconsistency.

The time will come when he needs to be getting proper performances out of the team, where we actually look well drilled and play well. If there are no signs of that happening come the second half of the season, then I think the owners will grow tired of waiting. There has to be signs on the pitch sooner rather than later.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Babylon said:

It's so frustrating, because a lot of what Puel wants to do matches up with my thinking. It makes me proud to see us with a young talented and English core to the team. If only he could get it to click fully on the pitch I'd be bloody thrilled, the stuttering is fine when the people in charge accept it's a transition period and we have lots of young players... but there has to be targets for when that transition ends and when the kids are sufficiently experienced and it stops becoming a (valid) excuse for our inconsistency.

The time will come when he needs to be getting proper performances out of the team, where we actually look well drilled and play well. If there are no signs of that happening come the second half of the season, then I think the owners will grow tired of waiting. There has to be signs on the pitch sooner rather than later.

I'm with you but imo he gets this season as long as we are not in danger. Then next season he has to improve. 

Our owners seem to have bought into the plan. They must realise it will take time unlike some on here. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

You could equally say that their call-ups were born out of necessity and/or the lack of viable other options.

All the best to as many LCFC players in the England setup as possible, it's a great feat - however, I'd rather some people put it into perspective.

Once other, more renowned members of the national team are back to full speed, call-ups for some of these Leicester City representatives are likely to dry out again.

44 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

I think the timing is interesting too - always seemingly appears international break period. 

Lack of other, more high-profile stories on the more well-known clubs, perhaps?

We all know the media are savvy for anything to fill up the space in print and online.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, sylofox said:

I'm with you but imo he gets this season as long as we are not in danger. Then next season he has to improve. 

Our owners seem to have bought into the plan. They must realise it will take time unlike some on here. 

I'm more on the side of next season I'd be expecting a mostly realised plan with consistency in good performance. This season I can take ups and downs and poor performances, but I really think there has to be strong signs that we're going in the right direction second half of the season. I don't think he'd last the summer if we continue to see the sort of performance we're getting currently.

I should stress I'm talking performance and not points, I wouldn't expect a huge amount more than we already have points wise.

11 hours ago, yks said:

5 or 6 is just plainly delusional.
That can be achieved but it mostly depends on two top 6 clubs underachieving.

7 or 8 would be very good.

9 or 10 would be ok

11/12/13 would be a bit disapointing but not terrible if there are hopes for the future.

5th or 6th place delusional? And then go on to write that you think it’s possible if other clubs don’t perform? Hmm. It’s probably not delusional then is it. It’s probably say dependent or unlikely. But possible. So not delusional then.

45 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Usually im very pro Puel on here but i think you are right, as much as its great behind the scenes with young talent getting there chances i think for Puel to succeed longterm there has to be consistent performances and clearcut improvement with how they play/gel together. I see exactly what hes trying to do and i really like it, but deepdown its how the players respond and improve towards the 2nd half of the season. Unfortunately if his coaching n philopsphy doesnt inject quick enough then i cant say hes right for our players to take them forward. He has set some real impressive foundations and if he does go soon rather than later, he wont be forgotten! and will remain a success in my eyes.

Edited by Simoken
  • Like 1