Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Leaks claims Euro Super League talks held by clubs

Nah the clubs left behind would welcome them back with open arms and a bigger portion of the pot than they had before they left.

This is the same clubs that agreed to let them have a bigger slice of the overseas tv revenues.

Personally wouldn't mind Champions League games being played on a weekend as fans can make a mini holiday of it, without too much disruption to work.

That way the rest of the league can also carry on, with the respective rearranged games being played midweek instead.

But of course, totally against the idea of a league of so called "super clubs" pulling away and blocking the rest out. European participation should be earned on merit from the previous season, not status.

I do worry it's inevitable one day though :cry:

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

I have no idea why Juventus are pushing this -- going from top of the Italian league every year to becoming the Southampton of the European Superleague doesn't seem like a good trade. 

The Italian league is sh*te though. 

6 hours ago, justfoxes said:

So when they find out that it’s a complete failure and they want back in then Hitting them both in the pocket with a huge league reintroduction payment and making them re enter the league system with a 30point deduction at the bottom of Division 1 they may think twice, greed is a terrible thing !!

I genuinely can’t tell if you’re agreeing with me or not 

11 hours ago, TK95 said:

Personally wouldn't mind Champions League games being played on a weekend as fans can make a mini holiday of it, without too much disruption to work.

That way the rest of the league can also carry on, with the respective rearranged games being played midweek instead.

But of course, totally against the idea of a league of so called "super clubs" pulling away and blocking the rest out. European participation should be earned on merit from the previous season, not status.

I do worry it's inevitable one day though :cry:

One huge problem with CL games at the weekend. It would stop every major league in Europe playing games. 

CL rules say any competing league can't play other games on CL match days. 

Going to be a huge amount of midweek games played. 

1 hour ago, sylofox said:

One huge problem with CL games at the weekend. It would stop every major league in Europe playing games. 

CL rules say any competing league can't play other games on CL match days. 

Going to be a huge amount of midweek games played. 

Agree rules would have to change for it to be viable. Ideally the teams not competing in Europe should still be able to play their games as normal. 

1 hour ago, TK95 said:

Agree rules would have to change for it to be viable. Ideally the teams not competing in Europe should still be able to play their games as normal. 

Uefa know if people are at prem games they can't watch CL. That impacts on TV money and the only reason the big clubs do it. 

Seeing as the premier league is actually owned by the 20 clubs that are involved in it, i'd have thought the other 14 clubs would be doing something about imposing sanctions or even banning the top six (should be top 4 imo as 2 of them have never actually won the premier league) for even entertaining the idea of basically attempting to destroy it. It's like mutiny. If nothing is going to change until 2024,  without club football for the next 4 years, the big clubs aren't going to stay being big clubs for very long. I can't believe that the powers that be don't seem to understand that the future of english club football and a way of life for many people is being put in jeopardy by basically a bunch of pirates.

Edited by yorkie1999

2 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

Seeing as the premier league is actually owned by the 20 clubs that are involved in it, i'd have thought the other 14 clubs would be doing something about imposing sanctions or even banning the top six (should be top 4 imo as 2 of them have never actually won the premier league) for even entertaining the idea of basically attempting to destroy it. It's like mutiny. If nothing is going to change until 2024,  without club football for the next 4 years, the big clubs aren't going to stay being big clubs for very long

Except the other 14 voted to allow those top six to have a bigger share of the overseas TV revenue which is currently dived equally between the 20 clubs. So not convinced.

If anyone is to stop it it needs to be those top 6.

• Like 1

If wolves get top 6 for the next 4 years, which could happen because of Jorge Mendes being involved with them, and replace Arsenal or Man Utd, which also could happen. Do Wolves become a top 6 side and would therefore qualify for this new alleged super league?

8 minutes ago, davieG said:

Except the other 14 voted to allow those top six to have a bigger share of the overseas TV revenue which is currently dived equally between the 20 clubs. So not convinced.

If anyone is to stop it it needs to be those top 6.

That's about the other 14 teams acknowledging the fact that the top six do actually earn the overseas money though. This is about the top 6 actually destroying the very thing that's put them in the position where they're at. It's not even a fvck you to the rest of the clubs, it's a fvck off and die. Replace weekend football with european football? What we all supposed to do on matchday, start supporting chelsea or spurs just so we can watch a game at the weekend. The premier league won't exist anymore because sky/bt will be funding the new league

On ‎09‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 10:36, Dan LCFC said:

Remember when some of our fans defended playing in that ridiculous International Champions Cup organised by that nobhead American.

Nobhead American?  Trump?

Would UK Sky and BT Sports subscribers really pay up to watch Red Star Belgrade play the Latvian Champions and not by an EPL Pass?   The way I see this, we have a competitive league unlike the dross you see say in Scotland/Italy.   Teams that leave the EPL to join this new competition may actually find themselves worse off financially once the novelty wears off and with no way back.

The so called big 6 get enough help as it is from the remaining 14 in assisting them retaining their 'upper' status.

31 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

That's about the other 14 teams acknowledging the fact that the top six do actually earn the overseas money though. This is about the top 6 actually destroying the very thing that's put them in the position where they're at. It's not even a fvck you to the rest of the clubs, it's a fvck off and die. Replace weekend football with european football? What we all supposed to do on matchday, start supporting chelsea or spurs just so we can watch a game at the weekend. The premier league won't exist anymore because sky/bt will be funding the new league

But they don’t, this is the PL games played and broadcast abroad which involves all the PL clubs just the same as the home viewed ones do.

l don't know why you responding like this I agree but if the big clubs want it they’ll get it. Only they can prevent it.

26 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Not sure this belongs here, but I found it interesting nonetheless - sort of tangentially relevant. There are longer renditions available....

Two knowledgeable guys.

Wenger really is quite wonderful.

1 hour ago, davieG said:

But they don’t, this is the PL games played and broadcast abroad which involves all the PL clubs just the same as the home viewed ones do.

l don't know why you responding like this I agree but if the big clubs want it they’ll get it. Only they can prevent it.

Ah, thought you meant European games, but on the the point of if the big clubs want it they’ll get it I don’t agree. Say, for arguments sake, the other 14 clubs refused to play the top six clubs for the whole season unless they signed an agreement saying that they would have no  involvement in a European super league, what would happen then? They’d have to sign it or they wouldn’t be able to qualify for Europe the next season and would end up down the league with no one supporting them.

1 minute ago, yorkie1999 said:

Ah, thought you meant European games, but on the the point of if the big clubs want it they’ll get it I don’t agree. Say, for arguments sake, the other 14 clubs refused to play the top six clubs for the whole season unless they signed an agreement saying that they would have no  involvement in a European super league, what would happen then? They’d have to sign it or they wouldn’t be able to qualify for Europe the next season and would end up down the league with no one supporting them.

But I don’t believe they will as they will lose too much money themselves. 

They are continually being blackmailed by the bigger clubs to concede more money and advantage to them because they fear they will lose more by not agreeing, the big clubs mayor may not be in favour of this idea but you can guarantee they’ll milk it for every £ and advantage they can.

We already have a poorer FL and FA Cups, reduced PL, uneven distribution of funds that need all 20 clubs involved to earn it. The list of advantages already conceded is long and growing.

7 minutes ago, davieG said:

But I don’t believe they will as they will lose too much money themselves. 

They are continually being blackmailed by the bigger clubs to concede more money and advantage to them because they fear they will lose more by not agreeing, the big clubs mayor may not be in favour of this idea but you can guarantee they’ll milk it for every £ and advantage they can.

We already have a poorer FL and FA Cups, reduced PL, uneven distribution of funds that need all 20 clubs involved to earn it. The list of advantages already conceded is long and growing.

If the articles are correct, there won’t be any money to give up in 2024 because all the tv money will go on a European league.

2 hours ago, mozartfox said:

Would UK Sky and BT Sports subscribers really pay up to watch Red Star Belgrade play the Latvian Champions and not by an EPL Pass?   The way I see this, we have a competitive league unlike the dross you see say in Scotland/Italy.   Teams that leave the EPL to join this new competition may actually find themselves worse off financially once the novelty wears off and with no way back.

Too many of you still think the domestic audience is the economic driver for the top clubs.  “UK Sky and BT sports subscribers” make up a pittance of the Manchester clubs’ over ₤1 billion each in annual revenues.  The bigger money -- and all the growth -- is in the overseas audience. 

Bean counters focus on numbers, and the overseas potential is making their eyes pop.  The subtleties of what built the audience (real competition, traditional rivalries, atmospheres attractive to TV) are lost on them.  It's now about turning billion-pound businesses into ten-billion-pound businesses.

At least Juve and the ECA put forward a proposal blatantly rigged to tilt money out of the UK onto the continent, and to destroy domestic leagues in one stroke, rather than gradually chipping them away until resistance is gone.  That gives hope of stopping or at least delaying it.

Edited by KingsX

59 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

If the articles are correct, there won’t be any money to give up in 2024 because all the tv money will go on a European league.

I don’t believe for one minute they will give up the PL for Europe rather it will be reduce to18 with 2 relegation spots and the other 16 competing in the 3 levels of the proposed Europe leagues. That being the case there will still be a thriving PL tv presence which is still a big earner at home and abroad and would be on top of the   Increase Euro. money.

So you then have a reason, once the league is reduced for the rest to agree as they will get European football to replace their lost PL games and probably more money themselves.

• Like 1

On ‎08‎/‎06‎/‎2019 at 14:03, yorkie1999 said:

Wouldn't happen. The FA would simply threaten to sanction (ie massive financial penalty and points deductions) the remaining 14 clubs for refusing to fulfil their fixtures and award the points to the top six clubs thereby guaranteeing them automatic entry into Europe. At least if you play them you have a chance of picking up points rather than simply handing them on a plate.  And don't think for one minute the FA would do anything otherwise. If these games did not go ahead the Premier league would be sued for breach of contract/loss of revenue by the TV companies. The FA would simply recoup any losses by fining any club that failed to fulfil a fixture.