Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Rigga

£100m

40 minutes ago, reynard said:

It isn't a big problem as long as our competitors suffer the same number of injuries at the same time.

Currently we have 1 striker at the club. Look at the last few matches. Vardy scored the winner v Chelsea, made one of the goals v Man City, scored the winner V Everton. When he didn't play well v Cardiff we lost and when he wasn't even in the squad v Newport we lost. Just how many Premier League clubs are in a position where they basically have one reliable striker?

I'd say we're a Vardy injury away from really struggling.

Our squad is very unbalanced in terms of back up of a decent level, especially in the forward and more creative areas.

Clubs with one reliable, good striker? 

Newcastle, Watford, Wolves, Southampton, Fulham, Everton. Clubs without a single reliable, good striker? Palace, Huddersfield, Cardiff.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Babylon said:

We only need three or four players IMO, despite the fact we'll lose a dozen. You don't need to invest much in the backup left back, just the other three positions. 

Kasper / Ward

Ricardo/Amartey     Maguire / Evans     Benkovic / Soyuncu     Chilwell / New Left Back Backup

Mendy / Ndidi        New Starting CM / Hamza

Gray / New Starting Winger           Maddison / Iheancho                                 Albrighton / Barnes

Vardy / New Backup Striker

James, Morgan, Ghezzal for the fringes of the squad as 5th choices. 

youve nailed it to be fair. The 2 new starting players (winger and box to box forward thinking CM) are going to be the difference between mid table and that cemented 6th/7th place for us in the next couple of seasons.

Edited by les-tah

39 minutes ago, les-tah said:

youve nailed it to be fair. The 2 new starting players (winger and box to box forward thinking CM) are going to be the difference between mid table and that cemented 6th/7th place for us in the next couple of seasons.

The striker is still a conundrum though, with Vardy being 32 now and 33 next season, the backup striker might not be a backup one at all. It might need to be someone good enough to start realistically.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Babylon said:

The striker is still a conundrum though, with Vardy being 32 now and 33 next season, the backup striker might not be a backup one at all. It might need to be someone good enough to start realistically.

Yeah needs to be a proven goalscorer not a 'potential'  and no one will come to sit on the bench really to play second fiddle to Vardy. .. And when that time comes vardy will still be good to come off the bench for a couple more seasons for the last 15/20 mins right up until his pace is gone then he will be finished really..

Edited by les-tah

15 hours ago, Babylon said:

I can't believe Elder will get a chance to be backup, the mans about 27 now lol

I think we'll probably see more signings, but they will be a few smaller value promising young players. So they don't take up squad places in the 25, don't expect to start all the time and can be used in the U23's. Like the lads we've been linked with the last few days. 

I’d rather give Elder a chance then spend £20m again on some muck. 

The risks are the same, but one is much more cheaper. If Elder doesn’t adapt, then that’s fine. We can replace him in the January or Summer transfer window.

We also have Pereira who can play LB if need be. 

Edited by foxes21

2 minutes ago, foxes21 said:

I’d rather give Elder a chance then spend £20m again on some muck. 

The risks are the same, but one is much more cheaper. If Elder doesn’t adapt, then that’s fine. We can replace him in the January or Summer transfer window.

We also have Pereira who can play LB if need be. 

We don't need to spend £20m on a backup left back, there will be someone available for far less than that. There could be decent free transfers out there who can cover, who knows. We'll see how elder does in the Champ and go from there, if he doesn't break into the Ipswich 11 then it's too much of a risk IMO.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, kyleolly said:

We’ll sell Maguire but Puel won’t see any of that money he’ll get £30m at most to keep things ticking over for next season!

Not sure why you would think that. The owners have always backed the manager's in the transfer market and i dont see why this summer would be different. Although there is alot being spent on the training ground and stadium expansion, Top will know we cant afford to be relegated, and every team in the prem except promoted teams and the likes of Burnley, will invest heavily again. We'd need to spend at least £50m just to stand still and closer towards £100m if we are going to challenge for Europe/ a trophy. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

Been thinking this myself, we probably need two strikers before the start of next season - with one being good enough to start and one who could develop for a year or two. Assuming we move on the other strikers that is.

Just now, filbertway said:

Been thinking this myself, we probably need two strikers before the start of next season - with one being good enough to start and one who could develop for a year or two. Assuming we move on the other strikers that is.

I'll think we'll see two or three relatively low value young signings, as well as the three main ones we need.

7 hours ago, kyleolly said:

We’ll sell Maguire but Puel won’t see any of that money he’ll get £30m at most to keep things ticking over for next season!

Please enlighten me how you can make such a definitive statement with authority? I'm guessing it's just YOUR opinion? If you have concrete information that contradicts what our owners have previously done, in backing their club massively, then I would love to know what it is and why?

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Babylon said:

We only need three or four players IMO, despite the fact we'll lose a dozen. You don't need to invest much in the backup left back, just the other three positions. 

Kasper / Ward

Ricardo/Amartey     Maguire / Evans     Benkovic / Soyuncu     Chilwell / New Left Back Backup

Gray / New Starting Winger           Maddison / Iheancho                                 Albrighton / Barnes

Agree, but think maguire, chilwell could leave, we don’t really have ambition at the minute.

Well we have, training ground, extension, and streamlining the squad, so when the big boys come knocking in the summer, and they will, we will need two left backs, but with the lad at Celtic coming back we have cover for maguire.

So even though I agree as it is, I think we will need 4 maybe 5 good signings, which concerns me with our recruitment department.

2 minutes ago, Monsell1976 said:

Agree, but think maguire, chilwell could leave, we don’t really have ambition at the minute.

Well we have, training ground, extension, and streamlining the squad, so when the big boys come knocking in the summer, and they will, we will need two left backs, but with the lad at Celtic coming back we have cover for maguire.

So even though I agree as it is, I think we will need 4 maybe 5 good signings, which concerns me with our recruitment department.

We don't have to sell either, the club aren't going to want to lose two players in one go. So I can see one going, but the other would have to stay.

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

We don't have to sell either, the club aren't going to want to lose two players in one go. So I can see one going, but the other would have to stay.

We don’t have to, but as like with drinkwater they could force a move, I personally think we’ll lose maguire this summer, chilwell next. 

4 minutes ago, Monsell1976 said:

We don’t have to, but as like with drinkwater they could force a move, I personally think we’ll lose maguire this summer, chilwell next. 

I think that's likely and club would probably sanction it, but that will happen no matter what we do this season. Finishing 7th and winning a cup is unlikely to stop them going to Man City or Man U.

Edited by Babylon
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Monsell1976 said:

The team is being built around a core of under 21 English players. Whilst it's likely we'll sell Maguire, we've already replaced him to a degree.

I don't suspect Chilwell will ask to leave at this stage of our team development, now or next year. We're in the early stages of a different way of operating and the young ones are our future. Teach them well, let them lead the way.

I'd take 65m+ for Maguire in this window, I honestly would. I don't think we look any worse at the back when he's not playing and we've got Benkovic coming back next season.

It would free up the cash to buy two of a midfielder, winger and striker.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Bablemikey said:

Need to bring in some quality & not more benchwarmers. A player like Neves would transform our side. 

I'm not suggesting we should try and get him because it obviously isn't a viable option, but someone of that standard is what we need.

Likes a tackle and a pass, certainly the sort we'd look for. Not sure his 1 assist is enough for our fans though!

2 hours ago, ealingfox said:

I'd take 65m+ for Maguire in this window, I honestly would. I don't think we look any worse at the back when he's not playing and we've got Benkovic coming back next season.

It would free up the cash to buy two of a midfielder, winger and striker.

We've been better since he's stopped charging out from the back with the ball and concentrates on defending! I think a decent off and we'd sell alright. Like you say that buys two players we really need.

5 hours ago, Babylon said:

I think that's likely and club would probably sanction it, but that will happen no matter what we do this season. Finishing 7th and winning a cup is unlikely to stop them going to Man City or Man U.

Which cup are we likely to win? :ph34r:

10 hours ago, jayfox26 said:

Not sure why you would think that. The owners have always backed the manager's in the transfer market and i dont see why this summer would be different. Although there is alot being spent on the training ground and stadium expansion, Top will know we cant afford to be relegated, and every team in the prem except promoted teams and the likes of Burnley, will invest heavily again. We'd need to spend at least £50m just to stand still and closer towards £100m if we are going to challenge for Europe/ a trophy. 

And Tottenham. :D

5 hours ago, sphericalfox said:

The team is being built around a core of under 21 English players. Whilst it's likely we'll sell Maguire, we've already replaced him to a degree.

I don't suspect Chilwell will ask to leave at this stage of our team development, now or next year. We're in the early stages of a different way of operating and the young ones are our future. Teach them well, let them lead the way.

I know youth is being brought through, as we are cost cutting, oh sorry that’s the plan, but we still need proven quality around as well to guide these kids, and as some of them are failing to for fill their potential, bring quality to the squad.

It’s a very risky game filling a squad full of young inexperienced, potentially good players, so many never achieve early promise, so we could struggle for a few years, with what seems a reluctance to buy

• Like 1

15 hours ago, les-tah said:

I’d say our main priority is getting a new striker tbf. Nacho and Okazaki are struggling to score goals and every time Vardy doesn’t play we look clueless up top. We’re mobbed in midfield so unless we sell another centre midfielder I can’t see us getting one in.

On 08/01/2019 at 17:52, Babylon said:

Kasper / Ward

Only thing I would say to this is you can never be sure if some one is going to be the same player coming back from a serious injury as with armarty breaking his leg. Don’t get me wrong I think he was starting to come good before then but these sorts of injuries can ruin players