Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
5waller5

In It Together?

1 minute ago, UniFox21 said:

A lot of the time things are told in confidence, where telling the full story may lead to who has been taking. Them leaving us slightly in the dark gives us some info, yet keeps their source completely hidden. 

I for one appreciate all the info Geoff does pass on to us, same as with all the "ITK". They all help us get a better look at what happens behind the scenes at our club.

Or they are just attention seeking bellends 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, lcfceaves said:

I hope Geoff doesn’t mind me posting his tweets...

I was told there are “no problems and that players speaking out where few and far between” but someone who is connected says stuff like this... there are deep problems. I don’t agree with player power and them not getting on with their job as a highly paid professional, but if you don’t have respect for your boss it shows in the performances. After what we’ve gone through as a club this season you’d think that would unite everyone, but the fact it hasn’t... what does that tell you? If nothing else, there’s deep unrest and I can only see it getting worse unless he’s fired 

37BB7BC6-1A00-46DF-A2B3-1D64FBD92B8D.png

Be unsurprising if the ones threatened by our move away from the 15/16 set up (which was never sustainable) dislike the manager carrying out the move. Just like Mills, Beckford et al probably didn't see eye to eye with Pearson. If that's the case, then sell them and bring in people who buy into the clubs long term vision, like Pearson did when he took over from Sven

8 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

for us to achieve 7th we are going to need some consistency in the performances and results, its hit and miss at the minute

Every mid-table side is inconsistent. Look at the last 10 form table: https://www.soccerstats.com/formtable.asp?league=england

Everton and Bournemouth in that midtable block have only won 2 each in the last 10. The only sides outside the big six to outdo us are West Ham, who have twice had a run of 1 win in 6 this season and Palace, who had a run of 1 win in 10 just before this run. 

Edited by The Doctor
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

A lot of the time things are told in confidence, where telling the full story may lead to who has been taking. Them leaving us slightly in the dark gives us some info, yet keeps their source completely hidden. 

I for one appreciate all the info Geoff does pass on to us, same as with all the "ITK". They all help us get a better look at what happens behind the scenes at our club.

I'm not saying I don't appreciate the info @UpTheLeagueFox provides and I think he's a good poster...however, if you are going to sling statement about like that one on social media you should have the willing to back it up with some form of basis. If it's at the point where the players hate him and the things he's doing are 'staggering' then why haven't Percy et al printed the story, surely it's a payday for them...unless of course there isn't that much of a story to print in the first place. I mean, this one has been supposedly bubbling on for quite some time...if there's a story there, tell it already!

Edited by SecretPro

1 minute ago, bmouth_fox said:

Or they are just attention seeking bellends 

Or they are just human...

I’m going through a tough period at work at the moment where the manager is not up to the job (since the last one left through health reasons). I’ve vented to them and to others... I am disillusioned with what is going on at the top... what the difference with footballers?   

Just now, SecretPro said:

I'm not saying I don't appreciate the info @UpTheLeagueFox provides and I think he's a good poster...however, if you are going to sling statement about like that one on social media you should have the willing to back it up with some form of basis. If it's at the point where the players hate him and the things he's doing are 'staggering' then why haven't Percy et al printed the story, surely it's a payday for them...unless of course there isn't that much of a story to print in the first place.

Because when people in these positions tell you information like so, you can't just print it all in some huge story, whereas you can mention or drop it in a tweet.

For a story, from one of the big guys for info from our club, they need a bit more, so obviously will take a bit longer of being told things and gathering their own insite. 

11 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

Well, he's started a clear out of the expensive older players not pulling their weight and brought through 2 youth teamers while turning another one into an England regular while his predecessor had him bench warming. On the pitch it's been hit and miss, like every mid-table side, but in restructuring the squad you can't deny he's made progress

He has made progress in clearing out some of the deadwood, he’s also brought in some good exciting players in Maddison and Ricardo but on the flip side in regards to transfers hes failed to bring in adequate cover up front or a CM that isn’t defensively minded. 

Wheras we have an improvment story in Chilwell and yes Puel has had the faith to stick him in, we’ve also seen regressions to Ndidi and Gray, especially Ndidi who has gone from one of our better players to one of our worst. If I wanted to be really pedantic Maddison has also started to come off the rails in recent weeks too.

As for the style of play it is regressive, its a defensive spin style of play that went out of date a long time ago.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lcfceaves said:

Or they are just human...

I’m going through a tough period at work at the moment where the manager is not up to the job (since the last one left through health reasons). I’ve vented to them and to others... I am disillusioned with what is going on at the top... what the difference with footballers?   

Haha I was talking about the people purporting to be in the know, not the players.

For what it’s worth though, I know what you’re saying. I’ve experienced terrible management in the past, and you do rant.

5 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

Be unsurprising if the ones threatened by our move away from the 15/16 set up (which was never sustainable) dislike the manager carrying out the move. Just like Mills, Beckford et al probably didn't see eye to eye with Pearson. If that's the case, then sell them and bring in people who buy into the clubs long term vision, like Pearson did when he took over from Sven

Every mid-table side is inconsistent. Look at the last 10 form table: https://www.soccerstats.com/formtable.asp?league=england

Everton and Bournemouth in that midtable block have only won 2 each in the last 10. The only sides outside the big six to outdo us are West Ham, who have twice had a run of 1 win in 6 this season and Palace, who had a run of 1 win in 10 just before this run. 

This. Consistent equates to top 6, and considerably more investment over a longer period. 

2 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

Which is fine as they weren’t performing... Vardy (who I suspect is one of the players your referring too) is the only player who f****** scores! If we bin him off, what else do we have? What other players from 15/16 can you be referring too? Simpson? Who surely can’t think he deserves to start ahead of Ricky... Albrighton? Doesn’t strike me as the type to bitch to the media

3 minutes ago, bmouth_fox said:

Haha I was talking about the people purporting to be in the know, not the players.

For what it’s worth though, I know what you’re saying. I’ve experienced terrible management in the past, and you do rant.

Ohhh... misunderstood, apologies 

We don't know what was said behind closed doors, but Puel wouldn't even be here if Vichai hadn't believed in his vision. I'm inclined to trust Vichai and am willing to see where things go; so long as we stay clear of the relegation zone, I'm behind the manager all the way, and any future decisions related to Claude's job are in Top's hands. As for media bullshit, well, it could very well be just that. Bullshit.

7 minutes ago, lcfceaves said:

Which is fine as they weren’t performing... Vardy (who I suspect is one of the players your referring too) is the only player who f****** scores! If we bin him off, what else do we have? What other players from 15/16 can you be referring too? Simpson? Who surely can’t think he deserves to start ahead of Ricky... Albrighton? Doesn’t strike me as the type to bitch to the media

I'm not, I'm thinking King, Simpson, Okazaki, maybe Fuchs (although given he's been planning to leave for the MLS for 2 years, probably not).

4 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

I'm not, I'm thinking King, Simpson, Okazaki, maybe Fuchs (although given he's been planning to leave for the MLS for 2 years, probably not).

I can’t see Okazaki going to the media... nor Fuchs... King knew / thought he’d be gone in the summer yet is still here. I think it runs further than 15/16 players

Edited by lcfceaves

Just now, lcfceaves said:

I can’t see Okazaki going to the media... nor Fuchs... King knew / thought he’d be gone in the summer yetis still here. I think it runs further than 15/16 players

Well, I seem to remember it came out that Geoff's source was Jakupovic, who's probably bitter as well that Puel first rated Hamer over him then signed Ward instead of giving him a game

It all smacks a bit to me of Van Gaal at Man Utd, only on a lesser scale. A manager changing the style, a lot of passing, bringing in youngsters, a few good results but ultimately not enough direction and ending up plodding without much direction.

I'm not a fan of Puel but I think he's bought time until the summer. For what it's worth, I really think his biggest error was letting Ulloa go. We'd be much better with him coming off the bench as we put the ball into the box.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

Well, I seem to remember it came out that Geoff's source was Jakupovic, who's probably bitter as well that Puel first rated Hamer over him then signed Ward instead of giving him a game

That’s one (who wasn’t in 15/16 squad) but I’m guessing by his tweet it’s not just come from 1 or 2 but more a wider group. I may be wrong of course but it’s showing in performances that there are issues behind the scenes. He’s going whether it be now, or end of the season... it feels inevitable 

16 hours ago, breadandcheese said:

It all smacks a bit to me of Van Gaal at Man Utd, only on a lesser scale. A manager changing the style, a lot of passing, bringing in youngsters, a few good results but ultimately not enough direction and ending up plodding without much direction.

I'm not a fan of Puel but I think he's bought time until the summer. For what it's worth, I really think his biggest error was letting Ulloa go. We'd be much better with him coming off the bench as we put the ball into the box.

I agree .... It's exactly like the Van Gaal football .... It's terrible to watch and gets average results at best.

Also find it bizarre that with a tactic of cross after cross into 1 player in the box you'd not pick a good header of the ball ..... Ulloa seems ideal  - he seems to value pace though, and then playing football that never uses pace. Bizarre.

18 hours ago, Col city fan said:

We all know your adoration of Puel and frankly it’s getting boring. You don’t discuss, you are just ‘pro puel’

Chilwell was always going to remove Fuchs from the side, this was the natural progression. And it’s no coincidence that he’s being courted by ‘bigger clubs’

Now let’s start discussing Ndidi, Nacho, even Maddison..... 

Yeah I agree with you to be fair. As you say, he does play them. To be honest though if these young lads have got the talent then you would expect them to thrive from playing games. I’ve always been a big advocate of throwing young players in at the deep end and seeing if they sink or swim. In Puel’s case, he’s been lucky, because they’ve swam and swam well. We all remember “you don’t win anything with kids”...well....

its the stagnation of players that worries me as you say. We’ve got too many players who aren’t progressing at all. And re Maddison, we played 25 million quid for him it would be a travesty if he didn’t play week in week out, whether Claude was the manager or not. 

I like Puel I think he’s got an incredibly hard job and we as fans, in my opinion**, need to be more realistic about the squad that we’ve got. We’re not as good as we think we are, we have too many average players. But I won’t conform to this notion that he’s developing youth and that’s him and him alone. He’s playing them and giving them a chance but I think anybody with half a brain cell would be able to see the talent of those lads and think they at least deserve a chance. 

We've been pretty spoilt over the years as Leicester fans.

It's been so exciting since we got relegated to league one. Virtually every season had drama.

Now we're mid table it seems a little humdrum. But if you look at the style of play of our rivals they too have terrible games and are as inconsistent as us.