Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
5waller5

In It Together?

5 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

Pearson is a different kettle of fish all together, what he put together was a solid foundation that saw us romp home the title guided by the experience of Claudio and with the addition of a few key players.

He set his teams up to play from the off, press, get the first goal and win games, complete opposite of the way Puel wants to play.

I also imagine the togetherness comes from man management of players, with talks of unrest at the training ground you didn't get this under Pearson.

Imagine being in the dressing room of a Pearson team talk and Puel team talk complete opposite I would imagine.

The only thing similar between Pearson and Puel is the way he handles the incomings/outgoings but its not like we can spend loads of money anyhow, so he has no choice but to manage it and develop the young players.

He doesn't inspire me one bit I was willing to give him a chance but todays showing has made me realise why I had doubts in the first place plus with the fans at the ground not liking what they are seeing and it does seem toxic in the ground its only a matter of time.

It's a good point - that slow start is really awful to watch. I played myself and one of our mantras was to "win the first 10 minutes" .... I genuinely think by doing that you win the first half because it shapes the game. Drives me nuts that we concede the first 10 so easily!

As a fan that's something I've always wanted to see - the team talk - how different they must be!

3 minutes ago, 5waller5 said:

I didn't hear his interview, how disappointing that he should think that!

He has to envision us.  He should say... i want to get everyone on board.  If people are booing then it's clear i have to win them over... tell them what i am doing.. what my values are and my prioities..... because to be sucessful we must all pull together.

He needs to set out his ideas in an open letter on ft... and explain his immediate focus and ask us to back him.

That would be leadership

Just now, Kopic said:

Anyone know the record for anti-Puel threads post match? Today must be close.

I was trying for a different angle that I don't think is really covered by the Puel In / Out threads.  My question is really does it matter to us or the club that we feel this way?

25 minutes ago, Monsell1976 said:

As he said in between the interview, we are not his concern, when asked about the boos, if he doesn’t care about us booing, I guess he’s not concern about us being on board with his plans.

11 minutes ago, 5waller5 said:

Edited by brucey

2 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

He has to envision us.  He should say... i want to get everyone on board.  If people are booing then it's clear i have to win them over... tell them what i am doing.. what my values are and my prioities..... because to be sucessful we must all pull together.

He needs to set out his ideas in an open letter on ft... and explain his immediate focus and ask us to back him.

That would be leadership

I sense irony, however I think he should be doing exactly that, short of an open letter to FT!

9 minutes ago, 5waller5 said:

Depends where you read it,  he’s says he feels the fans frustration, speaks a bit, then asked about boos, says not my concerns.

It does seem to be getting twisted to be something more.

I’d like to think with the translation, he means I can’t let the boos bother me

7 minutes ago, 5waller5 said:

I sense irony, however I think he should be doing exactly that, short of an open letter to FT!

It wasnt irony.... but this is the sort of inspiring leadership that ckaude will never provide.  No matter how good he is a techi stuff he doesnt inspire me and i don't think the players look very pumped up either.  I have worked with great learder who you would follow thru thick and thin and made you believe that you could achieve everything. ... thats why claude is not the one

Edited by foxinsocks
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

Pearson is a different kettle of fish all together, what he put together was a solid foundation that saw us romp home the title guided by the experience of Claudio and with the addition of a few key players.

He set his teams up to play from the off, press, get the first goal and win games, complete opposite of the way Puel wants to play.

I also imagine the togetherness comes from man management of players, with talks of unrest at the training ground you didn't get this under Pearson.

Imagine being in the dressing room of a Pearson team talk and Puel team talk complete opposite I would imagine.

The only thing similar between Pearson and Puel is the way he handles the incomings/outgoings but its not like we can spend loads of money anyhow, so he has no choice but to manage it and develop the young players.

He doesn't inspire me one bit I was willing to give him a chance but todays showing has made me realise why I had doubts in the first place plus with the fans at the ground not liking what they are seeing and it does seem toxic in the ground its only a matter of time.

Pearson also had the advantage of years of patiently building HIS team. Of course they were all running through walls for him. 

• Like 1

It’s incredibly hard to ‘get behind the manager’ at the minute.  The games are mostly absolute dogshit.  This isn’t transition.  Transition you can see a plan, a formula, people working towards something.  There is literally nothing.  The talk about all the young players I kind of get, but again, some seem to be going backwards which isn’t a good sign.

Today is the first time i’ve switched off at half time.  There was just no pleasure in watching.

• Thanks 1

Just now, lgfualol said:

Pearson also had the advantage of years of patiently building HIS team. Of course they were all running through walls for him. 

Serious question ...... If Puel was given another 3 years do you think we'd have players running through walls for him?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

That would be leadership

This. Definitely this.

But he won't, will he? You just know he won't. His arrogance wouldn't permit it. Instruments of torture would be required to persuade him.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, brucey said:

The football may be tough to watch, with no discernable style, but I think it's pretty clear what Puel's vision and remit is: to develop the young players. And that is one thing he does well.

Does he?

Fair play, he PLAYS them, but is that the same as ‘developing’ them?

Personally, I think Ndidi and Nacho have gone downhill. They looked better players when they joined us?

Maguire hasn’t really improved. He’s stayed about the same. And Gray might as well not be playing. Add to this, Diabate, who looked fine when he joined, but is now out on loan and apart from Chilwell (who was always going to only get better) and Amartey (who’s just...ok) and I’m struggling to see any clear ‘development’. Even Maddison, clearly an extremely able young player, looks lost in his role.

I can’t agree with you mate.

• Like 4

Just now, Realist Guy In The Room said:

It’s incredibly hard to ‘get behind the manager’ at the minute.  The games are mostly absolute dogshit.  This isn’t transition.  Transition you can see a plan, a formula, people working towards something.  There is literally nothing.  The talk about all the young players I kind of get, but again, some seem to be going backwards which isn’t a good sign.

Today is the first time i’ve switched off at half time.  There was just no pleasure in watching.

Yep! A team in transition I'd expect to see some flashes of brilliance as the plan is followed and we see where we are trying to head...... and then them revert to old styles, and forget the plot for a while. I see less and less positive football / passages of brilliant play each month that passes. The only progress seems to be towards a style of play that i find very very boring!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Does he?

Fair play, he PLAYS them, but is that the same as ‘developing’ them?

Personally, I think Ndidi and Nacho have gone downhill. They looked better players when they joined us?

Maguire hasn’t really improved. He’s stayed about the same. And Gray might as well not be playing. Add to this, Diabate, who looked fine when he joined, but is now out on loan and apart from Chilwell (who was always going to only get better) and Amartey (who’s just...ok) and I’m struggling to see any clear ‘development’. Even Maddison, clearly an extremely able young player, looks lost in his role.

I can’t agree with you mate.

Nice one, Col. Slay the myth with evidence. Spot on.

10 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

It wasnt irony.... but this is the sort of inspiring leadership that ckaude will never provide.  No matter how good he is a techi stuff he doesnt inspire me and i don't think the players look very pumped up either.  I have worked with great learder who you would follow thru thick and thin and made you believe that you could achieve everything. ... thats why claude is not the one

Arghh .... I'm with you then!! I agree leaders inspire everyone around them, almost accidentally sometimes, but they certainly inspire the stakeholders and as fans I'd count us as that,

I was inspired by Claudio (loved the man within weeks).

I was inspired by Nigel - I could imagine apologising i didn't run hard enough into the wall if he asked me to run through it.

Even Shakespeare and especially when he was with NP and did interviews.

One other thing.... soneone posted sone tine ago that pearson recruited stable grafting players with growth mind sets. ..he got rid of big time charlies. 

In honesty i thought to be a prem club you had to have a manager like fergie who could manage all the different characters.   Yet we won the league and amongst other thing we saw the value hiring players witg the right character. .have we forgotten this?