Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ian Nacho

Claude Puel defends his Leicester City record

On 27/01/2019 at 17:31, Unabomber said:

Assuming you meant to say Puel was lucky in those games that’s absolute bollocks. He beat them tactically clearly. I’m not happy with some of the shit I’ve seen under Puel but that doesn't mean I can’t give credit when he does get it right. If you can’t then it’s a case of having a weird agenda against our manger. 

If you went to the Chelsea game & didn’t come away from it thinking we weren’t lucky & it wasn’t a complete smash & grab u must of fallen asleep for the majority of the game!

Man City I 100% agree with you that Puel got it tactically spot on! I’ll always give credit when it’s deserved but that result, tactics & performance just adds to the frustration!

If he can get the tactics & team selections right against one of the best teams in Europe at home why can’t he get them right against the teams we should be beating at home?!?!

In 18months he’s failed to get 3pts at home against Palace, Stoke, Swansea, Bournemouth, Newcastle, Cardiff, Burnley, West Ham x2, Southampton x2!!

If you were in charge of the club & you were paying a manager £2m/yr with the squad we’ve got is that in anyway acceptable??

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Albert said:

If you went to the Chelsea game & didn’t come away from it thinking we weren’t lucky & it wasn’t a complete smash & grab u must of fallen asleep for the majority of the game!

Man City I 100% agree with you that Puel got it tactically spot on! I’ll always give credit when it’s deserved but that result, tactics & performance just adds to the frustration!

If he can get the tactics & team selections right against one of the best teams in Europe at home why can’t he get them right against the teams we should be beating at home?!?!

In 18months he’s failed to get 3pts at home against Palace, Stoke, Swansea, Bournemouth, Newcastle, Cardiff, Burnley, West Ham x2, Southampton x2!!

If you were in charge of the club & you were paying a manager £2m/yr with the squad we’ve got is that in anyway acceptable??

No .......but I’m not in charge ..... I believe Wes and a few others are ..........

20 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

No .......but I’m not in charge ..... I believe Wes and a few others are ..........

.....The great man who devastatingly is no longer with us tried to replace him in the summer & had told the relevant people to find replacements straight after the West Ham game.

.....All the player power talk that supposedly got Ranieri & Shakespeare the sack is a complete myth brought about by journalists trying to create headlines!

....All the current talk about players & staff being unhappy/frustrated is 100% true! 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Albert said:

.....The great man who devastatingly is no longer with us tried to replace him in the summer & had told the relevant people to find replacements straight after the West Ham game.

.....All the player power talk that supposedly got Ranieri & Shakespeare the sack is a complete myth brought about by journalists trying to create headlines!

....All the current talk about players & staff being unhappy/frustrated is 100% true! 

I presume you must have an ironclad source to be this confident.

On 27/01/2019 at 17:59, The Doctor said:

For thinking a typical midtable return is acceptable for a club that's midtable at best (historically we've been relegation candidates on average)? Yeah, alright... 

Historically its good. But didnt Vichai have a dream for us to be conmpeting and aiming at the very top of the league. Or is all that dead in the water now Puel has told us to get realistic?

3 hours ago, bfox said:

Historically its good. But didnt Vichai have a dream for us to be conmpeting and aiming at the very top of the league. Or is all that dead in the water now Puel has told us to get realistic?

You can dream all you like, you've got to be realistic about trying to make them come true, and realistic is stabilise as a top half (7th-10th) club while building the infrastructure (bigger stadium, better training ground) to support a challenge on the top 6. That dream isn't going to happen overnight.

3 hours ago, bfox said:

Its comments like this which is why I get suspended on here for making sarcastic posts

3 hours ago, bfox said:

Perhaps you should read his latest columns in the match day programmes, or track them down when repeated in the Mercury. Because he talks of transition, consolidation and a LONG TERM project for several years now.

It's fairly clear what the clubs aims are if you're willing to listen to what people say.

Has a manager ever been this unpopular after 18 months and turned it around and gone on to become a success? Sadly, that's what this all comes down to now for me. We can argue it over and over from both sides but it does feel like it's destined to end negatively in the near future and if it doesn't we'll be querying why it didn't happen sooner. I hope he somehow makes a success of it here as he is a long term visionary but there's too much guff with him to put up with.

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

I hope he somehow makes a success of it here as he is a long term visionary but there's too much guff with him to put up with.

Not if people don't wildly overreact to every single thing there isn't. The football is boring and I'm not sure there is enough progress, most other arguments are figments of peoples imagination or just looking for issues.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Albert said:

If I was in charge of the club I'd notice that every other midtable club has exactly the same issues.

I'd notice that previous recruitment was a shambles and that the current manager is carrying the can for that.

I'd notice the squad isn't half as cracked up as some people make it out to be... How many reliable midfielders and strikers do we have?

I'd notice that we're giving more minutes to young players than anyone else, which is exactly what my plan was. I'd also be smart enough to know that when you play a very young team it's going to come with issues like consistency.

I'd notice that we had the 4th smallest net spend over the last three transfer windows

I'd notice that the football was drab and the fans didn't like it.

• Like 3

Just now, Babylon said:

Not if people don't wildly overreact to every single thing there isn't. The football is boring and I'm not sure there is enough progress, most other arguments are figments of peoples imagination or just looking for issues.

That's typical of unhappiness though isn't it? The negatives are laid in in abundance even if some of them seem speculative. You sensibly adopt an approach on here that counteracts a lot of dissent from fans who are at the end of their tether with the manager. Some of what is said from the Puel outers is bordering on irrational (myself included) but not everything has to be proven without doubt. You seem to have a potential reasoning for everything and it does make me wonder how a manager can be held accountable under your code?

Fans don't have access to every root cause or source of information and i'm sure Puel and the management would argue against some of what he's accused of such as the cup rotation in the latter stages of competitions. You'd argue that the money isn't there to take it seriously enough, where as the fans who are riled by the disrespect would say it's a black mark against his name after 3 QF exits where each time we've been left thinking " what if ". It's another sign of complete stubbornness from him to accept mistakes and change.

By the way, I actually enjoy how you post on here as you continually expose complete morons but I am intrigued what it takes to be a failure or under perform in your mind?

4 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

That's typical of unhappiness though isn't it? The negatives are laid in in abundance even if some of them seem speculative. You sensibly adopt an approach on here that counteracts a lot of dissent from fans who are at the end of their tether with the manager. Some of what is said from the Puel outers is bordering on irrational (myself included) but not everything has to be proven without doubt. You seem to have a potential reasoning for everything and it does make me wonder how a manager can be held accountable under your code?

Fans don't have access to every root cause or source of information and i'm sure Puel and the management would argue against some of what he's accused of such as the cup rotation in the latter stages of competitions. You'd argue that the money isn't there to take it seriously enough, where as the fans who are riled by the disrespect would say it's a black mark against his name after 3 QF exits where each time we've been left thinking " what if ". It's another sign of complete stubbornness from him to accept mistakes and change.

By the way, I actually enjoy how you post on here as you continually expose complete morons but I am intrigued what it takes to be a failure or under perform in your mind?

I hate the fact he didn't play a stronger team in the quarters, I hate the fact as a club we've not taken the cups seriously for a long time. I'm desperate to win the cup, but what's the point in going mental at Puel and using it as an excuse to remove him from his position when the next man in is more than likely going to do exactly the same thing? Eddie Howe gets bummed on here, what's he do in the cups? Benitez?... Play weak teams and get knocked out early. It's not just a Puel problem.

What's he got to do to under perform? Have us slip down the table or lose touch with those clubs around us. We could finish anywhere between 7th and 12th in any given season realistically, but being say 1 or 2 points off 7th/8th is vastly different to being 9 points off 7th or 8th, as an example. The latter wouldn't be good enough and I'd consider it a poor season.

If we see NO evolution in our style between now and the end of the season I'd also consider that not good enough. He will have had a year and a half and we'd have seen little improvement in terms of style of play or entertainment. As a manager you're running out of excuses when you've been given that amount of time.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Has a manager ever been this unpopular after 18 months and turned it around and gone on to become a success? Sadly, that's what this all comes down to now for me. We can argue it over and over from both sides but it does feel like it's destined to end negatively in the near future and if it doesn't we'll be querying why it didn't happen sooner. I hope he somehow makes a success of it here as he is a long term visionary but there's too much guff with him to put up with.

I’ve made this point before and imo it’s the whole essence of it

People just don’t seem to like Puel. A lot don’t appear to relate to him or understand his thoughts on football.

It’s not about whether we play well or guff either, I don’t think. A lot of fans just don’t have that ‘feeling’ about him as our manager.

I can’t see this changing tbf

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I’ve made this point before and imo it’s the whole essence of it

People just don’t seem to like Puel. A lot don’t appear to relate to him or understand his thoughts on football.

It’s not about whether we play well or guff either, I don’t think. A lot of fans just don’t have that ‘feeling’ about him as our manager.

I can’t see this changing tbf

It won't and barring a minor miracle between now and the end of the season, he'll be gone in the summer IMO.

• Like 3

I think Puel's and the clubs agenda is clear that they are in for the long term. Nothing is going to happen before the summer at the least. I'm a soft Puel I think the style of football isn't great sometimes but I think it's time to close the polls, stop the booing and get behind them. regroup in the summer and see if Puel is the man to take us on.

image.thumb.png.79a6b11cf1748539f8717ee86721a21e.png

• Like 2