Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ian Nacho

Claude Puel defends his Leicester City record

6 minutes ago, shade said:

I’ll tell you what there is a gap between claude, the quality of our squad and the quality of our performances. 

Agreed, how we beat Man City, Chelsea and Everton I’ll never know, glad we agree we’re blessed with managerial genius. ??

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

You have to take it into consideration and just deal with it, whilst maintaining a certain emotional stability for the players, the staff and myself.”

Emotional Stability - I read that as maturity...:ph34r:

It’s not that people think we should be competing for a champions league spot it’s that people don’t wanna watch boring negative football. Unfortunatley that’s the way he likes teams to play and if he can’t see that then there is no hope for him. 

Edited by ARTY_FOX
  • Like 3

Of course it’s true! Can’t help thinking his relentless media push isn’t going to be going down well with those at the top of the club though.... their commercial model is based on selling expectations to sponsors... of our manager is saying we can’t hit those expectations the investment will take a hit. Risky move from a surprisingly vocal Claude these past few weeks. 

• Like 2

Just now, ARTY_FOX said:

It’s not that people think we should be competing for a champions league spot it’s that people don’t wanna watch borin. Negative football. Unfortunatley that’s the way he likes teams to play and if he can’t see that then there is no hope for him. 

In truth in the last 6 or 7 premier league games less than half have been boring

16 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Couldnt understand a word

Thanks for sharing that. Quite interesting to see him in his homeland on their equivalent of match of the day. His body language is interesting, you can see he is under pressure and he certainly has looked more nervous now than at any time during his career with us so far. Or perhaps it's because he cares more this time round? Personally I have noticed he is *way* more animated and part of the game than he was in his first year with us. When Barnes scored he was super happy I noticed.

I do agree with what he says, but keeping the fans onside is a huge part of any job and it's something I've always felt he could do better at. To be honest some of the things he has said in the last month or so I wished he had said in the summer - I think it would have gotten more people on his side. Same with the emotional side. More fist pumping or reaction after scoring goals would go down well with both players and fans I think.

• Like 1