Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ian Nacho

Claude Puel defends his Leicester City record

4 hours ago, Albert said:

What success?!?!

Defence...Rekindled ..Mendys career (we can split hairs over last few games),Brought in and back...Choudry and Barnes.

Despite posters like yourself (yes you wanted Chilwell gone)....He shown patience in Chilwell,that earmarked International recognition.

In his tenure...we have had 4 England internationals,exactly when England are making progress!!! That will go on his CV...!

From a team,and club that was a catastrophy,from poor recruitment,failed expectent useful expensive buys,aging players..few prospects from within.

Settled and created from an non-entity Defence,bought in Players that gives us consistency,cover and future.

In all our games,Every single backline player have performed,  most of our errors giving away poor goals,came from midfield....!!! h

I reckon after 18 months,with little possibility of recruiting top notch quality players,hands tied behind his back.

he's done a damn good job....Where I won't argue,is our quality in performance has been well below avg.

Unlike some I actually believe, this season,though we have has mentioned been average ,

I don't think we have been turgid and lacking in creating chances...

We have created quite a few...but our conversion has been honestly abysmall.

And it's there where we are suffering,we lack quality and skill around in the front 6...

Even there we have now Maddison,returned-loan Barnes..and a Periera who has proved a flexible little Gem!!

Gray is frustrating,but still has more potential and not finished  has some will have us believe .

and Ditto (too early yet.!!) on Ghezzal. & new sent out on loan Diabate!!!

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Nickfosse said:

Is this satire? 

Worse than Frank Mclintock, David Pleat. Peter Taylor? 

I think I’ve been watching Leicester too long. I can remember when we really were shit, and I’m struggling with the abuse Puel is getting for a perfectly adequate managerial record in the context of our history. 

If it was satire, it was a very poor attempt at it! :D

I can't see Puel being the manager to take us forward but you're correct in respect to him not being anywhere near as bad as the three you mention above. But you will also probably remember Jimmy Bloomfield being hounded out after finishing in the top half of the table.

Edited by Blue Fox 72
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Blue Fox 72 said:

I can't see Puel being the manager to take us forward but you're correct in respect to him not being anywhere near as bad as the three you mention above. But you will also probably remember Jimmy Bloomfield being hounded out after finishing in the top half of the table.

1977 ...and the "Negos" of the past got their way....I bet it's their gran-kids are carrying on the tradition of seeing who can be the best Grumpies!!!

also Lost in entitled expectation!!

I remember a lot more unhappy faces ,and tears when Bloomfield was forced to leave.....!!!   

A generation of...

All the Lads n lassies, with smiles on their faces

Lined along the terraces

just to watch Jim Bloomfield aces...

• Like 3

9 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

1977 ...and the "Negos" of the past got their way....I bet it's their gran-kids are carrying on the tradition of seeing who can be the best Grumpies!!!

also Lost in entitled expectation!!

I remember a lot more unhappy faces ,and tears when Bloomfield was forced to leave.....!!!   

A generation of...

All the Lads n lassies, with smiles on their faces

Lined along the terraces

just to watch Jim Bloomfield aces...

Yes I was one of the young lads in those days and loved the team that Bloomfield created. It soon went downhill after he left, although Jock Wallace did revive us somewhat.

As for Puel, yes mid table PL should be acceptable for a club of our size but I remain totally unconvinced that he is the right manager for us.

Harping on about the past and how bad we were then does not make an excuse for the boring negative football we are being forced to watch under Puel now. The past is the past, we were always a poor club forced to sell just to stay afloat and our choice of manager reflected that bar, Bloomfield.

Things changed dramatically under our new owners and our expectations are quite rightly much higher than at any time in the clubs history given a financial state and ambitious owners. Yes, we all know the title win was a one-off and never likely to be repeated in our lifetime but come on, is this manager and the awful football produced under him really the best we can do?   Yes, I would be happy with mid-table existence in the Prem as long as we played attractive football and at least made an effort to try and win in the cup competitions, something Puel has singularly failed to do.  His brand of football is boring negative and it's pretty obvious the players hate playing it too. My only hope is that he's being left in place until the end of the season and then got rid of for someone who will seize the chance to manage a club with good players and support and first class owners and actually know what to do with it. Roll on next season minus Puel. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Nickfosse said:

Is this satire? 

Worse than Frank Mclintock, David Pleat. Peter Taylor? 

I think I’ve been watching Leicester too long. I can remember when we really were shit, and I’m struggling with the abuse Puel is getting for a perfectly adequate managerial record in the context of our history. 

Yes it's a poor attempt at satire but I gave up half way through

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Abrasive fox said:

Maguire turned down Spurs.....

Perreira turned down Dortmund as well.

We are paying these guys about 1m more a year than other clubs are offering.

I meant it's a shame the last two managers didn't (get top 10), otherwise Puel wouldn't be here.

I think people are massively overplaying how good our squad is. We've got basically one decent striker and one winger you can say is remotely reliable to turn up and perform in Albrighton. With a load of CM's who are pretty average and with the exception of Ndidi never really looked good enough.

Our back line is strong I think and we have potential in plenty of areas with the likes of Barnes , Hamza and Maddison. I suppose Gray still falls in there, but they are all still finding their way or only just starting out.

13 hours ago, Blue Fox 72 said:

I do indeed. I was there at his last home game when the crowd were chanting “Bloomfield out” much to my Dad’s disgust. The woman behind us, seeing we weren’t enjoying the baying mob demanding the departure of a fine man and manager leant over and said, “ never mind m’duck, we’ll have Frankie next season”. 

We all know how well that went. 

I’m just hoping that history doesn’t repeat itself, but it feels eerily familiar to me at the ground these days. 

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Unabomber said:

Assuming you meant to say Puel was lucky in those games that’s absolute bollocks. He beat them tactically clearly. I’m not happy with some of the shit I’ve seen under Puel but that doesn't mean I can’t give credit when he does get it right. If you can’t then it’s a case of having a weird agenda against our manger. 

Spot on

4 hours ago, Babylon said:

I meant it's a shame the last two managers didn't (get top 10), otherwise Puel wouldn't be here.

I think people are massively overplaying how good our squad is. We've got basically one decent striker and one winger you can say is remotely reliable to turn up and perform in Albrighton. With a load of CM's who are pretty average and with the exception of Ndidi never really looked good enough.

Our back line is strong I think and we have potential in plenty of areas with the likes of Barnes , Hamza and Maddison. I suppose Gray still falls in there, but they are all still finding their way or only just starting out.

I'd agree with that.

When scribbling my side down I struggle beyond 6-7 players,

That includes a striker being asked to change his proven game, two wing backs who forget what their day job is, a midfielder who is getting progressively worse as role sharing, an injured defender who again is not what he was

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Unabomber said:

Assuming you meant to say Puel was lucky in those games that’s absolute bollocks. He beat them tactically clearly. I’m not happy with some of the shit I’ve seen under Puel but that doesn't mean I can’t give credit when he does get it right. If you can’t then it’s a case of having a weird agenda against our manger. 

Don’t start giving it the big un Una when we’ve not seen hide nor hair of you for months?

:D

23 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

Defence...Rekindled ..Mendys career (we can split hairs over last few games),Brought in and back...Choudry and Barnes.

Despite posters like yourself (yes you wanted Chilwell gone)....He shown patience in Chilwell,that earmarked International recognition.

In his tenure...we have had 4 England internationals,exactly when England are making progress!!! That will go on his CV...!

From a team,and club that was a catastrophy,from poor recruitment,failed expectent useful expensive buys,aging players..few prospects from within.

Settled and created from an non-entity Defence,bought in Players that gives us consistency,cover and future.

In all our games,Every single backline player have performed,  most of our errors giving away poor goals,came from midfield....!!! h

I reckon after 18 months,with little possibility of recruiting top notch quality players,hands tied behind his back.

he's done a damn good job....Where I won't argue,is our quality in performance has been well below avg.

Unlike some I actually believe, this season,though we have has mentioned been average ,

I don't think we have been turgid and lacking in creating chances...

We have created quite a few...but our conversion has been honestly abysmall.

And it's there where we are suffering,we lack quality and skill around in the front 6...

Even there we have now Maddison,returned-loan Barnes..and a Periera who has proved a flexible little Gem!!

Gray is frustrating,but still has more potential and not finished  has some will have us believe .

and Ditto (too early yet.!!) on Ghezzal. & new sent out on loan Diabate!!!

So you consider it being a success that he’s made basic management decisions you & I let alone a different manager would of made?!?

What do you think to the fact in his 18 months he still hasn’t found out what his best 11 is, the constant chopping & changes to the team he makes every week, the obvious lack of motivation/consistency of the players, his stubbornness to persist on using tactics that clearly doesn’t work with the players he has, the fact he’s drained all the energy out of the club which has lead to him losing the majority of fans & his laughable home record?

On 27/01/2019 at 17:05, Grebfromgrebland said:

Let's just get rid of Puel and get on with Brexit. 

FFS Puel is the worst manager we've ever had despite our league position and stuff

Craig levein, gary megson, paolo sousa, peter taylor and ian holloway

Edited by lanefox

2 minutes ago, Albert said:

So you consider it being a success that he’s made basic management decisions you & I let alone a different manager would of made?!?

What do you think to the fact in his 18 months he still hasn’t found out what his best 11 is, the constant chopping & changes to the team he makes every week, the obvious lack of motivation/consistency of the players, his stubbornness to persist on using tactics that clearly doesn’t work with the players he has, the fact he’s drained all the energy out of the club which has lead to him losing the majority of fans & his laughable home record?

There's a whole block of teams in the middle of the Premier League going through what we have under Puel. Everton & West Ham have been better and worse than us every other week in the season, similar turgid performances and massive inconsistencies - they've both crashed out of the FA Cup too recently to lower league opposition and their fans are making the same grumbling noises ours are. I think managers can be like politicians really, they're the head of the beast but the undercurrent can be so strong every judgement and perception of them comes down to many different things including their personalities and generally just set the image for the state of the whole club/country. I've got Watford, Bournemouth,Wolves, Brighton & Palace to go along with the argument too - you could say our team is stronger and we 'deserve' to be higher in the division because of that but our team obviously isn't perfect and our recruitment has been average for a few years now. Vardy is aging, as is our Captain, our squad is mainly young(i.e inexperienced) and we still bobble around the middle of the table. If the squad as a whole & staff are unhappy with the manager then fair enough, they work with him everyday.

The home form has been grim, I wouldn't say it's been at all funny unless I enjoyed seeing Puel and/or Leicester City lose

1 minute ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

I was trying to be sarcastic or something like that.

I too remember the dark days of hanging around the bottom half of the championship and the drudgery of it all.

You never know with some people on here , they have memories of a goldfish

1 hour ago, Albert said:

Seems like a lot of managers record..That's why I don't get hot under the collar,or aggressive with fellow fans....I might go OT T on sarcasm..

A squad where you are being forced to find the best out of 23+ mixed bunch of players,where a stable 11 players showing consistency,have not been their

Strong point,plus any fan trying to use that has an argument is poor form...From 20 teams in the PL over 20yrs,name me 18 per season with manager,that have known their best 11...just nonsensical BS to push an incorrect myth,to protect some blind argument!!!

Chopping and Changing,when no group of players have shown a 3-5 game run of consistency,and you need to use what's in front of you,is an automatic problem that goes with the job...Funny thing is every team chops and changes,but only M.Puel gets criticised for it!!

The draining,comes from some fans attitude to not accepting that a much needed massive re-org & rebuild,for any..ANY manager is on the agenda.

Potential expensive/expected midfield engine room blown apart...Potential prospects taking a bit longer than some impatient fans will have!!!

Our actual created chances up this season,not being converted...

Frustrating as it is,on performance levels..even expecting the teams players  even over 3 seasons can be shown with any proof ,actually play like you and some others Will have...is only born on the same arrogance you accuse Puel of having!!!

Motivation being confused with or shared with  consistency...put that all together..

This is where the draining comes in....!!

Funny and arrogant when posters claim one way or the other..quite arrogantly that their tract of the argument has the majority of fans on their side...

Even this forum polls,only get under 1000 voters,on most occasions..!!!  From 30k terrace fans...

look bring your opinions,bring your thoughts,but use the right arguments...

I agree our performances worry me,but any proffessed PL-player should play in any system!!!  And they are shown to do so,because transfer to other clubs shows it does...class and quality stay class and quality...

Puel s system isn't wrong, Vardy and Nacho have had ample top chances...Ndidi has had time to pass,but at presently can't pick out a team-mate!! 

A new manager (we've had 3) would also want to implement his "way" so again posters will give high earning players another excuse to get out of their responsibilities...not being  able to play to a system..

Bullshit!!! Football is about defending,get ball,move ball, put ball in net!!! There's players over 3 managers have shown they are scared to get on the front-foot and stay therd ,because players who show they are not willing to chance their arm...play crab-like sideways football..!!! Error from our players have been player made!!!

Again...Puel In 18 months has found and created a good defence,even if 2 drift off,or retire!!!

We struggled over 3 season to find CB s and a LB,to take over Fuchs...That takes time,even for big clubs...he's done it!!!

For me,I agree our performances though for me,no longer turgid,but below an average I would like to see...

The fact I want firstly this club to stablise,and stay longer in the Pl this time,and not just a fleeting visit!!!

I want to prioritise and support this manage. It could of been another,but it's Puel) at least over a 3 season period,

so long as we don't implode,and he holds us in top 11 or better!!

I want to see us in my letter years,stop being a 4-6 yr. Yoyo club. First I like good cup runs,but I won't shout out contradictory fables,that we must always show they are a top priority. You lose a cup..you don't get relegated...To be in the PL....gives you a chance to progress and build,then later to go for those competitions...

I'll take 2-3 seasons of slow progress,punctuated,with high % of low entertainment...

We have had in the past few chances to rebuild at this level, I'll take now that sacrafice.   

If by next season we don't up that quality,and entertainment level,then according to situation,I will also start asking

Questions over any manager that would be here!!! Puel is in the hot seat,so it will be him...

BUT   before these pathetic fisherwives tittle-tattle, we should firstly support him,get behind his ideas,

give him a chance to get out of this shit,that wasn his doing!!!?   Last year was look and see,this season imploded on past poor recruitment,and potential not rising to expectations...likes of Nacho..Ndidi.!!

I would like to be part of a fan base,that first supports instead of firstly moaning..over manager and new or young  players!!

these hate campaigns only show,a large minority of fans , really never understood the mess we was really in,even has Shakespeare was appointed...

Edited by fuchsntf

1 hour ago, Albert said:

So Albert, are you in or out ? 

41 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Seems like a lot of managers record..That's why I don't get hot under the collar,or aggressive with fellow fans....I might go OT T on sarcasm..

Couldn't care less about other managers records, ts just a way to try and justify his short comings.

A squad where you are being forced to find the best out of 23+ mixed bunch of players,where a stable 11 players showing consistency,have not been their Strong point,plus any fan trying to use that has an argument is poor form...From 20 teams in the PL over 20yrs,name me 18 per season with manager,that have known their best 11...just nonsensical BS to push an incorrect myth,to protect some blind argument!!!

Every manager knows his best 11 especially after being in charge for 18months. We literally won the Premier league by playing a consistent starting 11 where everyone knew their jobs & how their team mates played!

Chopping and Changing,when no group of players have shown a 3-5 game run of consistency,and you need to use what's in front of you,is an automatic problem that goes with the job...Funny thing is every team chops and changes,but only M.Puel gets criticised for it!!

How do you expect players to be consistant when he averages 4 changes every game? Inconsistant team selections is the main factor in inconsistant performances

The draining,comes from some fans attitude to not accepting that a much needed massive re-org & rebuild,for any..ANY manager is on the agenda.

Potential expensive/expected midfield engine room blown apart...Potential prospects taking a bit longer than some impatient fans will have!!!

Our actual created chances up this season,not being converted...

Frustrating as it is,on performance levels..even expecting the teams players  even over 3 seasons can be shown with any proof ,actually play like you and some others Will have...is only born on the same arrogance you accuse Puel of having!!!

Motivation being confused with or shared with  consistency...put that all together..

This is where the draining comes in....!!

Funny and arrogant when posters claim one way or the other..quite arrogantly that their tract of the argument has the majority of fans on their side...

Even this forum polls,only get under 1000 voters,on most occasions..!!!  From 30k terrace fans...

look bring your opinions,bring your thoughts,but use the right arguments...

I agree our performances worry me,but any proffessed PL-player should play in any system!!!  And they are shown to do so,because transfer to other clubs shows it does...class and quality stay class and quality...

Puel s system isn't wrong, Vardy and Nacho have had ample top chances...Ndidi has had time to pass,but at presently can't pick out a team-mate!! 

A new manager (we've had 3) would also want to implement his "way" so again posters will give high earning players another excuse to get out of their responsibilities...not being  able to play to a system..

Bullshit!!! Football is about defending,get ball,move ball, put ball in net!!! There's players over 3 managers have shown they are scared to get on the front-foot and stay therd ,because players who show they are not willing to chance their arm...play crab-like sideways football..!!! Error from our players have been player made!!!

Again...Puel In 18 months has found and created a good defence,even if 2 drift off,or retire!!!

We struggled over 3 season to find CB s and a LB,to take over Fuchs...That takes time,even for big clubs...he's done it!!!

Kasper, Maguire, Wes were already here, Chillwell was always going to take over from Fuchs & already on the brink of the 1st team, Evans was a club signing & although i think he's a fantastic player Riccardo's weakness is his defending!! He hasn't 'found & created anything he's just put 2 defensive midfielders in front of them.

For me,I agree our performances though for me,no longer turgid,but below an average I would like to see...

The fact I want firstly this club to stablise,and stay longer in the Pl this time,and not just a fleeting visit!!!

I want to prioritise and support this manage. It could of been another,but it's Puel) at least over a 3 season period,

so long as we don't implode,and he holds us in top 11 or better!!

I want to see us in my letter years,stop being a 4-6 yr. Yoyo club. First I like good cup runs,but I won't shout out contradictory fables,that we must always show they are a top priority. You lose a cup..you don't get relegated...To be in the PL....gives you a chance to progress and build,then later to go for those competitions...

I'll take 2-3 seasons of slow progress,punctuated,with high % of low entertainment...

We have had in the past few chances to rebuild at this level, I'll take now that sacrafice.   

If by next season we don't up that quality,and entertainment level,then according to situation,I will also start asking

Questions over any manager that would be here!!! Puel is in the hot seat,so it will be him...

BUT   before these pathetic fisherwives tittle-tattle, we should firstly support him,get behind his ideas,

give him a chance to get out of this shit,that wasn his doing!!!?   Last year was look and see,this season imploded on past poor recruitment,and potential not rising to expectations...likes of Nacho..Ndidi.!!

I, along with many others fully supported him & his ideas but after 18 months can see it clearly isn't working & he's not the man to take us forward. The whole atmosphere around the club/fans is wrong & will only change when he leaves.