Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LcfcOk

The gym

There was a lad in my gym the other day, about 18/19 maybe. Don't get me wrong, he's fit for his age and clearly on the way to being a well built lad but the noises he was making when lifting had a fair few people rolling their eyes.

I can imagine the same noises coming from those people that "accidentally" fall on a traffic cone.

1 hour ago, fox_up_north said:

There was a lad in my gym the other day, about 18/19 maybe. Don't get me wrong, he's fit for his age and clearly on the way to being a well built lad but the noises he was making when lifting had a fair few people rolling their eyes.

I can imagine the same noises coming from those people that "accidentally" fall on a traffic cone.

He a grunter? Or a hisser?

23 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Exactly a year doing weight training 

Waist 15 cm off  

Glutes 12 cm off

Hips 11 cm off

6% body muscle increase

4% body fat loss 

That’s a great effort. I’ve not actually taken any measurements but that’s some going bro. Well done. You doing any cardio? Or pure lifting?

1 minute ago, casablancas said:

That’s a great effort. I’ve not actually taken any measurements but that’s some going bro. Well done. You doing any cardio? Or pure lifting?

I have been running three times a week - ran three half marathons this year. I have just jumped to four runs a week. Been running for three years previous to the weight training. 

Alongside that, playing 5 a side for a hour and then its 2 weight sessions a week - sometimes 3. 

Don't lift heavy weights as per se, just try to go onto failure record weights are - squatting 65kg, deadlift 55kg and chest press 35kg. Just try set little goals like being able to do a chin-up. 

I had improve my core due to a bad back - my flexibility was downright awful. Hamstrings and quads were tight as any the physio had seen. RDLs now are unreal from where I was first doing it. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

I have been running three times a week - ran three half marathons this year. I have just jumped to four runs a week. Been running for three years previous to the weight training. 

Alongside that, playing 5 a side for a hour and then its 2 weight sessions a week - sometimes 3. 

Don't lift heavy weights as per se, just try to go onto failure record weights are - squatting 65kg, deadlift 55kg and chest press 35kg. Just try set little goals like being able to do a chin-up. 

I had improve my core due to a bad back - my flexibility was downright awful. Hamstrings and quads were tight as any the physio had seen. RDLs now are unreal from where I was first doing it. 

Brilliant. Love to see it :)

****ed my back up in the gym a couple of weeks ago and it’s gone once since so I’ve had to step down my weights training. Been told it’s nothing major and can run/play football with no issues but it made me re assess what I want to get out of it and i think I might run a marathon.

For a laugh, and this definitely tells you how Naive/deluded am, I might go for run on Sunday and see how close to a marathon I get lol. Bearing in mind I’ve not run 10k for probably about a year but I am fit, place your bets on how far I get.

20 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Deadlifts were how my back went. Was doing 95kg pretty easily and then it just went.

4 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

That's exactly why the PT told me it's going to be a long process of build-up in weight if at all 

I'm doing the same thing, a graduated programme with an app controlling the pace (partially dependent on my feedback)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CosbehFox said:

Blimey, how old are you? 

PLEASE tell me your under 50 song can feel better about myself now I'm 52 and 11/12ths!!

1 hour ago, CosbehFox said:

That's exactly why the PT told me it's going to be a long process of build-up in weight if at all 

Yeah, to be honest I’d been doing them for well over a year. I think my chiropractor maybe caused me an issue which then materialised by doing them.

• Like 1

On 10/04/2024 at 15:16, Costock_Fox said:

****ed my back up in the gym a couple of weeks ago and it’s gone once since so I’ve had to step down my weights training. Been told it’s nothing major and can run/play football with no issues but it made me re assess what I want to get out of it and i think I might run a marathon.

For a laugh, and this definitely tells you how Naive/deluded am, I might go for run on Sunday and see how close to a marathon I get lol. Bearing in mind I’ve not run 10k for probably about a year but I am fit, place your bets on how far I get.

Just ran a marathon with no training 😂 think that’s me not going to the gym for a week.

• Haha 3

Always strength trained and been a regular runner for the past few years, minus the past few weeks while I’ve managed an injury. Went along yesterday to a CrossFit style functional fitness gym that my girlfriend has been going to for a few months and wow do I have a lot more respect for that kind of training. I’ve always been fit, but this was different to anything I have done. Halfway through I regretted my decision, by the end I was ready to sign up. 

3 hours ago, LcFc_Smiv said:

Always strength trained and been a regular runner for the past few years, minus the past few weeks while I’ve managed an injury. Went along yesterday to a CrossFit style functional fitness gym that my girlfriend has been going to for a few months and wow do I have a lot more respect for that kind of training. I’ve always been fit, but this was different to anything I have done. Halfway through I regretted my decision, by the end I was ready to sign up. 

My PT has said to be repeatedly that crossfit/hyrox is a different kettle of fish. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CosbehFox said:

My PT has said to be repeatedly that crossfit/hyrox is a different kettle of fish. 

Definitely, I’d be happy to be as half as fit as some of them who I was training alongside yesterday, even the Mrs surprised me lol