Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LcfcOk

The gym

Hello - would like a hand please. Could anybody link me to any decent online workout programmes focussing on chest, shoulders and bi’s - or would anybody be able to PM me over some ideas? Ideally looking for exercises/movements and set amounts. I really struggle for imagination in the gym and would really like to follow a plan. I have googled, but there’s so many to choose from so any good ones people have used in the past would be smashing. 

38 minutes ago, Manini said:

Hello - would like a hand please. Could anybody link me to any decent online workout programmes focussing on chest, shoulders and bi’s - or would anybody be able to PM me over some ideas? Ideally looking for exercises/movements and set amounts. I really struggle for imagination in the gym and would really like to follow a plan. I have googled, but there’s so many to choose from so any good ones people have used in the past would be smashing. 

Dm me

• Thanks 1

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 13/02/2022 at 20:29, Fightforever said:

I went to the gym for the first time 4 days ago. I only this morning regained the ability to fully extend my forearm. Is this normal?

I realise this is about 5 months too late and assuming you can fully extend your arms again lol but yes! The first time in ages I lifted weights I couldn't straighten either arm fully for about 5 days.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, deejdeej said:

I realise this is about 5 months too late and assuming you can fully extend your arms again lol but yes! The first time in ages I lifted weights I couldn't straighten either arm fully for about 5 days.

Would make wanking (to yourself) a miserable task.

Edited by Jattdogg
  • Haha 1

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
15 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

Bump for the NYNM willy pullers. Just messing, been back in the gym for about 3/4 months now and it’s going well. Focusing mainly on weights with the odd day of cardio.

Call me mean but I'm dreading the gym congestion with the new years resolution crowd 😭

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Agreed, although mine seems pretty dead most of the time now so I’m hoping it stays similar.

Maybe the halfwits throwing weights to the ground as loudly as possible, sitting on machines backwards and not using the handles (to make it look like they've discovered some secret technique), doing 50 variations of a cable exercise and grunting like a bear with a cough will scare them off... :ph34r:

In all seriousness, good luck to anyone who's decided to get fitter 🙂

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/howto/guide/what-fast-800-diet

Not sure if this is the right thread for this, but I can't stand this bloke! Hustling fad diets every year with his "cuddly doctor" facade. Why do the BBC give him a vehicle to make money off this garbage? Getting people to go on crash diets is extremely dangerous, he shouldn't be allowed on telly imo.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, TJQuik said:

https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/howto/guide/what-fast-800-diet

Not sure if this is the right thread for this, but I can't stand this bloke! Hustling fad diets every year with his "cuddly doctor" facade. Why do the BBC give him a vehicle to make money off this garbage? Getting people to go on crash diets is extremely dangerous, he shouldn't be allowed on telly imo.

I agree, if it looks too good to be true then it often is. Any fad diet is unsustainable, just eat lots of protein, vegetables and wholewheat carbs and you'll be fine.

I did however enjoy listening to Tim Spector on the diary of a ceo podcast last week. He seems to be all about getting 30 different types of plants inside you a week (fruit, veg, seeds, nuts, beans, herbs etc), seems quite difficult but it's definitely possible. Also don't calorie count, it's useless.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Lionator said:

I agree, if it looks too good to be true then it often is. Any fad diet is unsustainable, just eat lots of protein, vegetables and wholewheat carbs and you'll be fine.

I did however enjoy listening to Tim Spector on the diary of a ceo podcast last week. He seems to be all about getting 30 different types of plants inside you a week (fruit, veg, seeds, nuts, beans, herbs etc), seems quite difficult but it's definitely possible. Also don't calorie count, it's useless.  

I enjoyed that - I do the intermittent fasting at times too.

• Like 1

On 13/02/2022 at 20:29, Fightforever said:

I went to the gym for the first time 4 days ago. I only this morning regained the ability to fully extend my forearm. Is this normal?

This made me lol hard.  We've all done it.  Basically spent several days prancing around the house like a T-Rex.  

• Like 1

On 11/01/2023 at 20:41, Lionator said:

Not sure what you mean. A calorie deficit is the only way to lose weight. I counted calories with a tracker for about 2 years and it was too effective, if you catch my drift. For that reason I would also recommend most people don't do it though.

57 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Had my first ever PT session tonight.

How did you find it?  

I've been using a physio PT for a few months to help with a long term lat injury and strength training generally.  I'd never been one for the idea but my wife recommended him and I have to say it's been well worth it - particularly identifying areas of weakness (legs mainly, like most blokes I was over training the 'glamour' muscles which actually led to getting injured in the first place).  Totally made me re-think the way I train.

Edited by Bordersfox

4 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

I suffered a nasty back injury in 2020 and it has never been the same since.

I want to train my legs but am terrified of deadlifts and weighted squats in case the back goes to shit again. 

Funny enough I was just saying about a back injury and seeing a physio/trainer.  It's really helped me as I was very worried about aggravating my back.  

He started me on split squats, calf raises, things like that with just body weight before moving gradually to deadlifts but from a higher starting position than the floor. 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

I suffered a nasty back injury in 2020 and it has never been the same since.

I want to train my legs but am terrified of deadlifts and weighted squats in case the back goes to shit again. 

Don't do them, especially deadlifts. Everything they train can be done with much safer stuff. There's no benefit to insist on doing them for the vast majority of people. 99% of the reason people do them is macho bullshit imo. I'd argue I can trigger a lot more development doing a variety of stuff in the same time it takes most people to set up some deadlifts and spend all your energy doing that. And even if they are supposedly much more effective, we're not olympic weightlifters, the cost to benefit ratio with potential injury isn't worth it for me.

Edited by TJQuik
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1