Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bourbon Fox

Questions for Brendan Rodgers

4 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Spot on, Ric.

Obviously I have an anti-Puel agenda (mainly because he was 10% good and 90% shiit) and I keep seeing this "He laid the foundations" bolllocks.

He drained the club - players, staff (football and non-football) and fans. He was stubborn and arrogant and because of that wouldn't make a number of tweaks which might have given him a longer reign.

Someone said he was "was really on to something last few games before he was sacked" which is patently rubbish given we took one point from six league games and were dumped out of the FA Cup by L2 opposition.

He was out of his depth in English football - as proved with us and Southampton. He just didn't "get" it.

He got a few things correct - then again a stopped clock is right twice a day.

The stories from players (and we're talking regulars not just those on the fringes) about what he was constantly doing wrong were mind boggling at times.

Let's not over emphasise his part in the Rodgers revolution.

We're well shot of him.

Just happy Rogers figured out immediately that playing to your strengths was the obvious thing required, wasn’t rocket science. Now playing a consistent team barring injuries and building momentum. 

While Im aware of the changes we needed to make I won't look back at Puels reign with any fondness and I'm just enjoying watching my team again and couldn't care less. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Koke said:

I largely agree. Although he didn't help himself by playing 3 DMs (Ndidi, Mendy & Hamza) at home to the likes of Palace, but he definitely had the right blueprint, as proved by the players brought in and the ones he moved on. 

In the end he had too much going against him. Partly his own errors but also massively the fanbase and some players.

Puel was a net positive for us. He left us in a far better state than he found us in, and for that I thank him and will always wish him well where ever he goes. I will never ever understand the total disrespect and vitriol he faced here, some if it quite disgraceful tbh. He did a lot of donkey work that needed go be done, and hopefully Rodgers will continue moving the club foward.

Win only a quarter of your home games in a year, continually struggle against absolute dross and it's really no surprise the vitriol that came his way. Most fans only get to see the home games, which were God awful. He was massively wrong about Vardy towards the end as well, he'd lost him.

7 hours ago, Gamble92 said:

You could say Claude took the woman out to all the nice restaraunts, got the nice jewellery, married her, got her the house...

But then had to watch Rodgers do her doggy style whilst he watches tied up from afar 

You "could" say that, in fact you did say it but I think it was more like erectile disfunction from Claude, he simply was unable to rise to the occasion !

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

Spot on. One of the biggest things that could hamper us over the next 20 years is fan mentality.

I firmly believe there’s a football hierarchy that is very hard to break. Bournemouth will find their way back to League One/League Two, Notts County will find their way back up to League One/The Championship, Sheffield Wednesday will find their way back to the Premier League.

The only way you break this, in my opinion, is with an extraordinary event such as Man City’s investment or our Premier League title win. Yes, without that I’d accept that we should be bobbing between the top two tiers (as has been our history), but we have a worldwide profile and sizeable investment to change that.

We should be moving beyond that Southampton/Sheffield Wednesday/Derby County category  (or any previously comparable club) to sit alongside a club like Everton or West Ham - those who you expect to see in Europe and late stages of Cups every few years.

The mentality of many fans in the Puel era told me that many weren’t willing to think that way and simply be happy with survival.

Rodgers is speaking like he’s ready for the challenge of putting us on that next level which is great.

There is a very big difference between what you've said, progressing to sit alongside Everton and West Ham and what Kilworth said in that we're currently underachieving being 7th because we're already a top 6 club, which is patently ridiculous. 

17 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

I can't see how someone who was barely outside the top 10 in the Premier League for the two clubs you've mentioned can be seen as out of his depth in English football. You can criticise his style, personality, tactics etc but he did have a way of getting enough results to keep clubs at a reasonable league position. He made mistakes and it was the right time to sack him but there are worse managers. 

Rodgers is a better fit, I think everyone can agree on that. 

Yeah, he can be labelled many things but I wouldn't say he was out of his depth. His methods seemed to be incompatible with senior players and after a bright start things deteriorated. Even the young players started to suffer such as Maddison and Ndidi. He has given Rodgers a lot of very good resources though to progress this club, therefore i'm glad we had him at the helm. Anybody who wishes we didn't don't deserve Ricardo, Maddison and YOURI TIELEMANS.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Spot on, Ric.

Obviously I have an anti-Puel agenda (mainly because he was 10% good and 90% shiit) and I keep seeing this "He laid the foundations" bolllocks.

He drained the club - players, staff (football and non-football) and fans. He was stubborn and arrogant and because of that wouldn't make a number of tweaks which might have given him a longer reign.

Someone said he was "was really on to something last few games before he was sacked" which is patently rubbish given we took one point from six league games and were dumped out of the FA Cup by L2 opposition.

He was out of his depth in English football - as proved with us and Southampton. He just didn't "get" it.

He got a few things correct - then again a stopped clock is right twice a day.

The stories from players (and we're talking regulars not just those on the fringes) about what he was constantly doing wrong were mind boggling at times.

Let's not over emphasise his part in the Rodgers revolution.

We're well shot of him.

On this occasion your usual objective analysis has gone AWOL Geoff. 

13 hours ago, lcfc sheff said:

Great post btw.

I genuinely think the team on paper isn’t far off that, I think we’ve underperformed massively. The other teams challenging us for me aren’t as good currently so 7th is for us to lose.

in terms of breaking into the top 6 we just need some consistency. 

By underperformance I assume you mean us losing against poor teams we should be beating or at least drawing. The thing is that the other clubs challenging for 7th could say the exact same thing. Wolves have dropped 6 points to Huddersfield and dropped 5 points to Fulham - they've actually underperformed far more than us this season if you look at the stats.

Edited by brucey
  • Like 3