Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bourbon Fox

Questions for Brendan Rodgers

16 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Ambitions and expectations, challenging and making. 

It'll be the ambition but everyone is going to be realistic and know that it's not what's actually expected.

Yeah spot on! I don't for one minute believe we will make top 6 next season as we need to build for that over a number of years for it to happen consistently. Just interesting whether he will be backed with the kind of funds required to partially bridge that gap without having to sell a player. Really like our manager expressing a positive view of our future. 

3 minutes ago, wattolcfc said:

I much preferred it when Puel said we need to be realistic about our expectations and played down any chance of pushing into the top 6

If Rodgers is sat seventh and fielding questions about being sacked for not being in the top 6 then you might find you get a similar reply.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Babylon said:

If Rodgers is sat seventh and fielding questions about being sacked for not being in the top 6 then you might find you get a similar reply.

Come on now. The two are poles apart in terms of ambition, manner and approach.

Rodgers has already said several times that making people want to come and watch the team is important and that a cup win should be a realistic aim. Puel just never got it.

• Like 1

Celtic fans still in absolute meltdown on that Twitter thread then...

Decent night- it struck me that he knows our history surprisingly well and he seems to get the club & its mindset. Some of his answers were probably just what we wanted to hear, but I think he's a very good fit for who & where we are.

It's going to be an entertaining couple of years! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ted Maul said:

Celtic fans still in absolute meltdown on that Twitter thread then...

Decent night- it struck me that he knows our history surprisingly well and he seems to get the club & its mindset. Some of his answers were probably just what we wanted to hear, but I think he's a very good fit for who & where we are.

It's going to be an entertaining couple of years! 

He's the perfect fit!

48 minutes ago, Drift said:

Brendans closing words from tonights Q&A...

Love this. The way he speaks you can hear the feeling and passion he has and how hard a decision it was to make the move down south but he relishes the challenge pretty much. He really believes something special can be achieved with us and that's reciprocated with how majority of fans feel about him so far.

1 hour ago, Yes N'Didi said:

When asked about if we need a target man for a Plan B, the very short answer was no.

He expanded by saying that a Plan B is always the opposite of what you are trying to achieve. If plan A is to play it short, you play long. If it’s to play long, your plan B is short, and you shouldn’t go against what you are trying to achieve. Sometimes in a game you will need to change the tactics but if it involves a target man he would stick Wes Morgan up there if needed. He finished by saying he wouldn’t want to pay £35m on a lamppost. lol

I loved this answer! He spoke very well today, great insight into his work.

Edited by TK95

Would Rafa have had the same response and enthusiasm from the fans?

The more we see of Brendan, the more justification for his appointment. Seems like he has genuinely embraced the club DNA and proving popular with fans, players, staff, media alike.

Could be the start of something special Blue Army! :scarf:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Yes N'Didi said:

When asked about if we need a target man for a Plan B, the very short answer was no.

He expanded by saying that a Plan B is always the opposite of what you are trying to achieve. If plan A is to play it short, you play long. If it’s to play long, your plan B is short, and you shouldn’t go against what you are trying to achieve. Sometimes in a game you will need to change the tactics but if it involves a target man he would stick Wes Morgan up there if needed. He finished by saying he wouldn’t want to pay £35m on a lamppost. lol

Lamppost = Slimani perhaps? lol

Tall, quite thin, has the about the first same touch as a lamppost...

(I actually thought Slim was OK just massively overpriced)

2 hours ago, Yes N'Didi said:

Love it lol

Hopefully we sign a young understudy to Vardy, not a target man 

Imagine the scenes when he eventually leaves us for a bigger club.

I want this to be true. I want him to be the man that takes us to the next level but given the manner he left celtic.

He won't.

Not long term anyway.

Edited by Fightforever