Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bourbon Fox

Questions for Brendan Rodgers

1 hour ago, Fightforever said:

Imagine the scenes when he eventually leaves us for a bigger club.

I want this to be true. I want him to be the man that takes us to the next level but given the manner he left celtic.

He won't.

Not long term anyway.

Long term security in modern football. Most managers are lucky if they see three years. On the other hand I hope so. I'd love to see him build something special here. So many variables.

Edited by SO1

1 hour ago, Fightforever said:

Imagine the scenes when he eventually leaves us for a bigger club.

I want this to be true. I want him to be the man that takes us to the next level but given the manner he left celtic.

He won't.

Not long term anyway.

Honestly, I can’t see a bigger club than us ever coming in for him. He’s had his chance with Liverpool. Who else in the top 6 would he go to?

United? After Moyes they won’t go for an up and coming manager again for a long time.

Chelsea, Arsenal and City will all go for a big name European manager every time, Spurs? He’s got more chance of building and winning something here.

• Like 1

The man is a good fit for us now but not one to stay for 3+ years. If he does well he will not hesitate to jump ship mid season like he did to Celtic. But for now he is good for us and we are good for him and his CV. This is a mutually beneficial relationship. Not a love affair. 

If he does leave in 2 years time then that means he's done a great job here.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SO1 said:

Long term security in modern football. Most managers are lucky if they see three years. On the other hand I hope so. I'd love to see him build something special here. So many variables.

So true. Clubs (and indeed fans) don’t show loyalty to their managers these days, so in a way I am not sure why managers should. Goes both ways.

Edited by Tom12345
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Ian Nacho said:

The bloke is a breath of fresh air. 

I was going to say "hot", but hey, that's close...

It was clear after Puel that the fans wanted a manager who talks a good game, and they certainly got one.  His press conferences are more interesting, of that there can be no doubt.  The other long-term questions very much remain, though.

Edited by Deeg67
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Koke said:

The man is a good fit for us now but not one to stay for 3+ years. If he does well he will not hesitate to jump ship mid season like he did to Celtic. But for now he is good for us and we are good for him and his CV. This is a mutually beneficial relationship. Not a love affair. 

Or he is fired after an FT 'IN/OUT' Poll following a 4-0 drubbing at home to Palace?

1 hour ago, Koke said:

That sums up what many were saying last night

I'm not sure the Birch realsied he was dealing with a extremely intelligent coach/ manager/ person with the added and prolonged detail he felt he had to add to pre- selected questions.

The guy is an institution and many funny nose bag, funny water and duberries lines but hurts me to say a bit cringing at times.

Enjoy Brendan whilst he's here

36 minutes ago, Bob Hazels shorts said:

I'm not sure the Birch realsied he was dealing with a extremely intelligent coach/ manager/ person with the added and prolonged detail he felt he had to add to pre- selected questions.

The guy is an institution and many funny nose bag, funny water and duberries lines but hurts me to say a bit cringing at times.

Enjoy Brendan whilst he's here

My personal favourite was Birch saying 'hey, he speaks better English than me!', like it was his second language or something.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Bob Hazels shorts said:

You'll miss him when he's gone. :)

The club's alternative pick would no doubt be the wooden, humourless chap who does all the interviews on LCFC TV.

No thanks.

• Like 1

Rodgers could attract another high profile job in the PL, there is questions marks over a number of the top 6 and especially when they make rash decisions mid season he could be top of some shortlists. Let's not forget, he is incredibly good at getting people to hang off his every word, it's an art and he is a master at it. I've no problem with him making us much better and then moving on, I just hope it doesn't happen so soon that the improvements still depend on him and his team alone which might happen if he was courted by Chelsea or Arsenal etc in the next season. 

I have seen his quote last night about Barnes and Gray and said they had 2 goals between them this season for us. Gray has scored 4 times this season and it surprised me that he would get that wrong (unless it was a misquote) he's very good at what he publicly says about players but that would be a faux pass on his part as don't go mildly criticizing players and get the facts wrong. I do sense that he is putting pressure on to Gray and to a lesser extent Barnes and that isn't a bad thing. Gray seems to be at a cross roads right now and he really needs to kick on, otherwise his place in the team will be gone and so will he. 

5 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

Honestly, I can’t see a bigger club than us ever coming in for him. He’s had his chance with Liverpool. Who else in the top 6 would he go to?

United? After Moyes they won’t go for an up and coming manager again for a long time.

Chelsea, Arsenal and City will all go for a big name European manager every time, Spurs? He’s got more chance of building and winning something here.

I see your point and I agree but its his silver tounge (like other posters have said) it makes me feel like somethings off about him. I feel like he is playing into our desire to become a champion again.

Still think with his connections to Chelsea he fancies going back there. Or would spurs take him if poch left?

But I certainly think with what happened 3 years ago, we are about as big a job that he could have expected right now, doubt he'd have jumped ship, for a Burnley, West Brom, Norwich, Brighton etc.

He knows coming here. He has the tools, the backing and room for improvement and expansion, to show what he can do, what if he does turn us into a regular top 6 club at the expense of a Chelsea, spurs or Arsenal. That stands for much more than winning in Scotland surely.

He does remind me  bit of Sven, who could probably sell ice to Eskimos and charm the pants of me, let alone the wife. But my god it's a improvement over Claude, I actually want to listen to what he has to say. Can't think I ever listened to a post match interview under Claude.

Right now, LCFC and Rodgers seem a good fit. Let's enjoy the next bit of the LCFC rollercoaster.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Bayfox said:

Still think with his connections to Chelsea he fancies going back there. Or would spurs take him if poch left?

But I certainly think with what happened 3 years ago, we are about as big a job that he could have expected right now, doubt he'd have jumped ship, for a Burnley, West Brom, Norwich, Brighton etc.

He knows coming here. He has the tools, the backing and room for improvement and expansion, to show what he can do, what if he does turn us into a regular top 6 club at the expense of a Chelsea, spurs or Arsenal. That stands for much more than winning in Scotland surely.

He does remind me  bit of Sven, who could probably sell ice to Eskimos and charm the pants of me, let alone the wife. But my god it's a improvement over Claude, I actually want to listen to what he has to say. Can't think I ever listened to a post match interview under Claude.

Right now, LCFC and Rodgers seem a good fit. Let's enjoy the next bit of the LCFC rollercoaster.

:sge::brendan:

2 hours ago, broughtonblue said:

Thought it was quite funny how we were only allowed to submit one question by email,  so upto 300 questions,  then birch managed to ask about 30 of his own, allowing only about 20 public questions ??

What did you expect? Of course the club is going to control the narrative. Can't have fans questioning the clubs agenda or putting Mr. Beaglehole under pressure.

3 hours ago, broughtonblue said:

Thought it was quite funny how we were only allowed to submit one question by email,  so upto 300 questions,  then birch managed to ask about 30 of his own, allowing only about 20 public questions ??

They were all probably along the same themes anyway. Or 280 questions asking who we are singing, knowing full well nobody will answer that question.

14 hours ago, Yes N'Didi said:

When asked about if we need a target man for a Plan B, the very short answer was no.

He expanded by saying that a Plan B is always the opposite of what you are trying to achieve. If plan A is to play it short, you play long. If it’s to play long, your plan B is short, and you shouldn’t go against what you are trying to achieve. Sometimes in a game you will need to change the tactics but if it involves a target man he would stick Wes Morgan up there if needed. He finished by saying he wouldn’t want to pay £35m on a lamppost. lol

Love that & totally agree, plan B should be a slightly adapted form of plan A not the total opposite to the way in which the team are used to playing.

5 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

It was clear after Puel that the fans wanted a manager who talks a good game, and they certainly got one.  His press conferences are more interesting, of that there can be no doubt.  The other long-term questions very much remain, though.

Generally City fans love a soundbite. Managers what gained support here could be described as arrogant, deluded, and hard to deal with. I don't know why but City lap up the fantasy ambition stuff. 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox

If he leaves on his own accord it will be for a bigger club in which I doubt we'd stand in his way.

If he doesn't it means he's been sacked and the honeymoon period is over.

Truth is no-one will know so let's just enjoy the moment for however long that lasts.