Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bourbon Fox

Questions for Brendan Rodgers

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

280 questions asking who we are singing, knowing full well nobody will answer that question.

Think that's more a question for the support, than for BR -- if we can't make out the chant, neither can he.

... FT is on this one though.

Edited by KingsX
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Kilworthfox said:

I'm surprised about all this top 6 talk, hes already got a top 6 Job! We are just sitting in 7th after a massively underachieving season.

If you look at how the club has been progressed since the Thais bought the club, especially with the new training ground, we are behaving like a Top European club, even taking away the fact that the whole world now knows who we are because we won the League & played in the Champions League quarters.

I find many our fan base, mentality stuck in the championship, believing that we are little old Leicester. Even the media constantly compare us to West Ham & Everton, who are going to be miles behind us after 2020.

The proof will be after the training ground is finished, as you can not build a £100 million state of the art training facility & fill it with average players, We will be one of the top 20 clubs based on Finances & facilities, the Stadium will be enlarged after... not that it really matters, so welcome to the future of you club, with or without Rogers.

Jesus Christ. lol

• Like 1

Until we start generating hundreds of millions in sponsorships and other commercial income (not including the obscene TV money all PL clubs get) it will be very difficult to remain within the top 6. I think we are the most likely to do it out of the best of the rest but it'll be so hard and to then follow it up again and again.

On 08/04/2019 at 02:03, SO1 said:

You have your opinion I have mine. We'll just have to agree to disagree. I made some posts on the transfer thread to another poster which, I think, fits to what your speaking to here.

Good Luck in the league. I think the owners are scum.:)

WARNING:  THIS WILL CONTAIN ANECDOTAL EVIDENCE

"anecdotal" def. / adjective (of an account) not necessarily true or reliable, because based on personal accounts rather than facts or research./Synonyms/ informal. unreliable. based on hearsay. unscientific.

That's what you've given me. Every last word of it. Sorry to be blunt. Because anecdotal is all we have. Both of us.

Structures /    It seems to me that football supporters are stuck between two worlds when it comes to a football managers/coaches responsibilities. The past, and present. In the past it was the manager that was entirely responsible for everything with the exception of signing the check. Now the manager is a part of a group which consists of 3 or in Liverpool's case 5 other principles in the room having a say on transfers and scouting. The power structure seems totally different then what was 20+ years ago. The modern football manager does not have time to scout every player in God's creation.

Liverpool /   Imagine having an opportunity of a lifetime. A chance to build something that you've been dreaming about for most of your life. you prepare, you interview, you interview again. You finally get the job.

and then they decide they want to have a Director of Football- Louis van Gaal. (Directors of football choose their own managers to give consistency to the style of play). Of course you tell them to go pound it. He's going to undermine you, fire you and possibly take your job. So Liverpool came up with an idea called the "Transfer Committee" and this is how the idea of "Brendan won't work with a DOF" came about. Brendan has his dream job and FSG(owners) have their transfer accountability........and they all lived happily ever after. NOT.

No one really knows how the transfer committee was run but its my observation that Brendan did not choose all of those transfers or even enter the names for consideration. Some sure. I guarantee you that some of those are moneyball signings as in driven exclusively by moneyball/analytics. In other words low fee punts. In Brendan's own words "I had to take somebody". 

Stories of the Evil Empire /  After finishing second in the league and being in the Champions League for the first time in years Luis Suarez left for Barcalona. Two weeks before the end of the window, having failed to get Alexis Sanchez, Rodgers was offered the choice of Samuel Eto'o(35) or Mario Balotelli to replace Suarez or nothing. I was fit to be tied. FSG are scum. All that work for that. Sturridge played 9 matches that year due to injury. Try replacing 55 goals.

During the 13/14 season(winter) Rodgers badly needed reinforcements and was offered Mohammed Salah(that one) for around 11mil. Supposedly it was agreed to and then Liverpool started Low balling Basel. Chelsea paid 13 mil and the rest is history. So Rodgers received nothing to win the league for what was a threadbare squad. Way to go FSG!

Then there's the story about Deli Alli and the opportunity to recruit him from MK DONS that was rejected by the committee. and Henrik Mkhitaryan and.....

I won't even talk about Celtic and their 1 or 2 million dollar punts or Dembele which Rodgers attracted for 500,000 only to be resold for 19 million. Or their idiot CEO who undermined Rodgers every window except the first.

Wake up because you, like me, no nothing. Its all anecdotal.

Support the manager. I hope its here that he's finally allowed to build the beautiful dream that's in his head. I saw Liverpool 13/14 and I will never forget it.

Would that be the Dembele who we already had agreed a deal with three months prior to Rodgers arriving?  Or our idiot CEO who sits at the top table of the ECA and who has knocked back Arsenal and countless other EPL clubs over the years to move?  Or our 1 and 2 million dollar punts like Virgil Van Dijk, Victor Wanyama, etc, etc?  Try and get your facts right before emphatically pontificating.

I'm gutted Rodgers left us still, as he's a tremendous manager all things considered but your posts on here are consistently pathetic and condescending, hounding anyone who dares suggest he has any sort of shortcoming.

Edited by henrik_62
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Until we start generating hundreds of millions in sponsorships and other commercial income (not including the obscene TV money all PL clubs get) it will be very difficult to remain within the top 6. I think we are the most likely to do it out of the best of the rest but it'll be so hard and to then follow it up again and again.

Our match day income is laughable. We're lagging behind clubs on things like this and commercial as you said massively to be able to be a sustainable top 6 team. 

D3nNLcCX4AMZOXU.jpg-large.jpg

9 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

Honestly, I can’t see a bigger club than us ever coming in for him. He’s had his chance with Liverpool. Who else in the top 6 would he go to?

United? After Moyes they won’t go for an up and coming manager again for a long time.

Chelsea, Arsenal and City will all go for a big name European manager every time, Spurs? He’s got more chance of building and winning something here.

Know this from someone who worked under him at Celtic, apparently he loves the idea of working abroad, Spain or Italy and is already fluent in the former (also has a house there) and is taking lessons on the latter.

Good thing for you guys I guess is if he were to get a job in la liga or Serie A next it would mean he'd have had to have done a very good job at Leicester to get such jobs.

35 minutes ago, Kilworthfox said:

I find many our fan base, mentality stuck in the championship, believing that we are little old Leicester.

You clearly didn't see the embarrassing thread 'who will we replace in top6' recently.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Kilworthfox said:

I genuinely haven't,I try not to comment on here anymore...  Just was bored at lunch, and put my 2 pence in :)

Trust me you dodged a bullet.. the comments were beyond delusional.

28 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Looking at it from the outside a bit obviously but I'd argue here if you can keep the core of that young side together then the extra revenue doesn't become that important, it's not all about spending money to reach your objectives.  You have some terrific young players that if you hold onto them, you have the perfect coach to develop them (it's the thing he's best at imo) and that could see you break into the top 6.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, henrik_62 said:

Looking at it from the outside a bit obviously but I'd argue here if you can keep the core of that young side together then the extra revenue doesn't become that important, it's not all about spending money to reach your objectives.  You have some terrific young players that if you hold onto them, you have the perfect coach to develop them (it's the thing he's best at imo) and that could see you break into the top 6.

Given the opinion of that great man Chris Sutton, we should forget about breaking to the top 6 on the EPL for now and aim to be better than Celtic's reserves?   

11 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Given the opinion of that great man Chris Sutton, we should forget about breaking to the top 6 on the EPL for now and aim to be better than Celtic's reserves?   

As much as I loved Sutton as a player for us he's pantomime as a journalist, pundit, whatever you want to call him and I don't pay much attention to what he says.

The whole my club is bigger than yours debate is a waste of breath anyway, football has moved on from simply being a big club and the very notion is very disruptive now both ways, given economic environment, etc, etc.

By that I mean some Oligarch could rock up at Leyton Orient tomorrow and turn them into a 'big club' by pumping in billions.

Edited by henrik_62
  • Like 4

17 hours ago, EverybodyDannsNow said:

Really enjoyed the Q and A tonight. 

Had to laugh at the start when the Birch said 'you get what you pay for and you've paid nothing to be here tonight, so don't expect much' - or something to that effect. 

Rodgers walks onto the stage: 'haven't paid much? Leicester paid 9 million quid for me!' 

God, I love the Birch. So happy he seems to be fitter than ever after his health problems. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Our match day income is laughable. We're lagging behind clubs on things like this and commercial as you said massively to be able to be a sustainable top 6 team. 

D3nNLcCX4AMZOXU.jpg-large.jpg

Some ways of improving our match day income are blindingly obvious.

A Spurs fan I know through work said they took £800k in food and drink before kick off for their game against Palace. I know their stadium is twice the size of ours, it was a big occasion and a lot were in there early, but that's a huge total. He said the concourses are great and like being in a bar in central London.

Contrast that with ours- no beer selection, crap pints, shambolic service. We're potentially missing out on millions over the course of a season. I wouldn't even consider getting to our ground early to have a beer.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ted Maul said:

Some ways of improving our match day income are blindingly obvious.

A Spurs fan I know through work said they took £800k in food and drink before kick off for their game against Palace. I know their stadium is twice the size of ours, it was a big occasion and a lot were in there early, but that's a huge total. He said the concourses are great and like being in a bar in central London.

Contrast that with ours- no beer selection, crap pints, shambolic service. We're potentially missing out on millions over the course of a season. I wouldn't even consider getting to our ground early to have a beer.

The "fanzone" area will help and I think someone said some of the arena bars would be open match days as well. But that's years off, at the minute the most we can do to increase that revenue is probably putting prices up, and nobody wants that!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

Without even getting out the traps at all this season, we are currently 7th. I truly think if we keep the right players we’ll be top 6 next season.

Finding a Vardy replacement is going to be our biggest issue the next year or so, we muck that up again then I think we can kiss goodbye to our hopes of a consistent challenge. 

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

Finding a Vardy replacement is going to be our biggest issue the next year or so, we muck that up again then I think we can kiss goodbye to our hopes of a consistent challenge. 

I truly thought he was finished, but now I look at him playing and see him going on for another 2 years. You’d argue the club must think the same (or Atleast hope) after the contract they gave him.

even the top clubs struggle to replace their main striker, I certainly won’t be holding my breathe. I pray Brendan can work a miracle out of iheanacho.

1 hour ago, henrik_62 said:

Yes, that is possible and it is essential that we continue our progressive model of signing younger unproven players and develop them. The focus on our new training facilities being the best in Europe is further weight behind this, however longer term we have to generate more income as well. We want to be an efficient club rather than a club that just generates obscene money and throws it around recklessly but to remain efficient there can be very little room for error, if we suddenly lose to of the young stars and we fail to replace them with players who can develop to a similar standard then the game is over. Spurs have done very well to break in to the top 4 and stay there for a few years whilst their commercial income is much much lower than those around them, they now have a ground that puts them in the mix but if some trophies don't follow and Poch and some of the players go elsewhere they will lose touch with the top 4 once again. It is so difficult but we are ambitious and have one of the best owners in the game bar none.

• Like 2