Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Cricket 2019

23 minutes ago, SAFC1 said:

Bairstow :appl: Absolutely superb. 

1 minute ago, RowlattsFox said:

224 and only just gone past half way in overs, could have been on for 500 :o 

Going to make the inevitable world cup bottle job even more frustrating. 

I'd like to think Pakistan's fielding would be more serious too lol 

Bairstow and Roy absolutely obliterated these Pakistani bowlers. It's a dry wicket with nothing doing for the bowlers but the openers very much capitalised on the opportunity. Some of the shots have been huge!

Imam-ul-Haq did very well for Pakistan. They could have even got a higher score too had he had more support at the crease.

Shaheen's drop off Roy was woeful fielding.

Imagine the level of farce this is going to be at by the time the first ball is bowled. Feels like we're building up to a summer of cricket which could actually grip the nation (like 2005), only for shit ECB decisions to ruin it all (like 2005).

• Haha 1

I've got six points left in my fantasy world cup team for a bowler and I can have a West Indian, a Kiwi, a Pakistani or a minnow (Afghanistan or something.)

Options are:

Jason Holder 

Muz Rahman

Matt Henry

Hasan Ali

The Slinger 

Bowlers also get batting points and there's a pretty big +10 for catches and +15 run outs as well so good fielders / all rounders are nice. 

Thoughts, foxestalk? 

@MattP @Voll Blau @StanSP

Edited by Finnegan

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

I've got six points left in my fantasy world cup team for a bowler and I can have a West Indian, a Kiwi, a Pakistani or a minnow (Afghanistan or something.)

Options are:

Jason Holder 

Muz Rahman

Matt Henry

Hasan Ali

The Slinger 

Bowlers also get batting points and there's a pretty big +10 for catches and +15 run outs as well so good fielders / all rounders are nice. 

Thoughts, foxestalk? 

Flattered to have been thought of. :D Would personally go for Holder, but then I love Windies cricket so I'm biased.

• Thanks 1

Haha. I had Holder in there so that's good to know, I was concerned I was maybe only picking him for that same reason, I like the Windies. I don't know enough about Henry who I was also considering. 

The team atm:

Universe Boss

Bogan 

VK

David Miller 

Imam ul Haq

Butler 

Moeen 

Holder 

Shami

Mitch Starc 

Dale Steyn 

I can't make subs so that's it. Haq and Shami are extremely budget to enable me to afford Starc and VK. 

I am in two minds on Kholi though, I was tempted by Kane Williamson instead. Every time I watch Kohli in limited overs he's a bit underwhelming ngl. 

Thoughts? 

Oh, two per team limit btw. 

Edited by Finnegan

Guest MattP
20 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Options are:

Jason Holder 

Muz Rahman

Matt Henry

Hasan Ali

The Slinger 

Thoughts, foxestalk? 

Holder definitely, will take wickets in our conditions and he can score big runs with the bat - Windies also like a collapse so he'll get decent time at the crease.

48 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Options are:

Jason Holder 

Muz Rahman

Matt Henry

Hasan Ali

The Slinger 

Thoughts, foxestalk? 

Holder, for sure! 

28 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Haha. I had Holder in there so that's good to know, I was concerned I was maybe only picking him for that same reason, I like the Windies. I don't know enough about Henry who I was also considering. 

The team atm:

Universe Boss

Bogan 

VK

David Miller 

Imam ul Haq

Butler 

Moeen 

Holder 

Shami

Mitch Starc 

Dale Steyn 

I can't make subs so that's it. Haq and Shami are extremely budget to enable me to afford Starc and VK. 

I am in two minds on Kholi though, I was tempted by Kane Williamson instead. Every time I watch Kohli in limited overs he's a bit underwhelming ngl. 

Thoughts? 

Oh, two per team limit btw. 

Not sure what budgets or costs are like for you but Miller has had a poor IPL so going in to the tournament with poor form. 

Steyn's injury record would be something to be wary off so may not play every match. Reckon Rabada might be a better shout (or Tahir)? Rabada had a seriously good IPL before he picked up a knock but should be fit for WC. 

Rabada is expensive AF. 7. Joint most expensive with Starc. 

Tahir is 6. Steyn is only a 5, ngl I picked him on reputation. Southee, Afridi and Lakmal are about my only other options that fit. 

Edit: if I drop Miller for a cheap as chips batsman I could get Rabada or Tahir though if you think they're good enough investments. 

Aiden Markram or Colin Munro fit in that price range for Rabada, could stretch to Rassie or Malik for Tahir. 

Also, how big a difference will the pitches make to Rabada's form? 

Edited by Finnegan

10 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Rabada is expensive AF. 7. Joint most expensive with Starc. 

Tahir is 6. Steyn is only a 5, ngl I picked him on reputation. Southee, Afridi and Lakmal are about my only other options that fit. 

Edit: if I drop Miller for a cheap as chips batsman I could get Rabada or Tahir though if you think they're good enough investments. 

Aiden Markram or Colin Munro fit in that price range for Rabada, could stretch to Rassie or Malik for Tahir. 

Also, how big a difference will the pitches make to Rabada's form? 

Rabada is the kind of player who could make things work on many pitches. With British weather though anything can happen on these pitches lol

The other option would be Bumrah (who is probably the most expensive?!) instead of Shami and then find someone else instead of Steyn who is cheaper. 

And this may be a bold call but maybe not use Gayle...? Not sure how much he costs but wonder if there's a better value player for your money. Someone who may last a good part of the whole innings whereas Gayle will blast a few overs then get out cheaply. 

Not a collapse today really but just not capitalising on a strong position...102/5 and now 272/6.

England could have realistically got close to 400. They'll still win but good response from Pakistan.