Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Cricket 2019

4 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Who is the sky sports Windies commentator? I could listen to him talk about anything. 

Is it Holding? 

3 hours ago, cambridgefox said:

Correct.One of my favourites.

my mate who was a class cricketer “ Textbook Dan” played against him when he was at Lancaster University.

first ball hit him for 4.

Didnt see anymore after that and was cleared up.

He honestly said he couldn’t see them,they were that quick.

3 hours ago, MattP said:

Holding is great, one of the legends of the Sky team.

Think we'll chase this down - small boundaries and terrific batting pitch.

This ain't Holding commentating on today game chaps, it's Ian Bishop I think.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

My head nearly fell off when I discovered Tony Cozier was white way back when, used to love hearing his commentary, a great voice.

Encountering white Bajans is a massive headfvck at first, especially if you've been on the rum and in the sun all day over there.

1 hour ago, AKCJ said:

We only have ourselves to blame. That Stokes review was one of the worst i've seen.

It is easy looking from the sidelines....but it was a bad descision,Stokes was wrapped up in his own adrenilin(rightly so)

But Butler or any partner should of been more decisive and helpfull...

in normal action and speed Stokes hitting the ground & then getting the nick...I can understand his thoughts...

in hindsight for the TV spectator it looked bad,and I thought OUT straight the way,but like all sport it's the perspective from field to spectator!!!

Yes we are to blame..and our tail should of brought it home..Ali has a fantastic 100 ,England's fastest behind him..So Even though we think he should of done better....Sport is sport,

Now Morgan,coaching-staff/all pundits,will have to see how we should approach such situations in the future...

I for one believe occasionally,it's worth putting  one our 6-8 th Batsman into Stokes/Morgan  position,and Stokes down the order,just so they have more opportunity to bat and hone those skills...Australia and India do it!!   Then when we come up to finals,they have more experience behind them..

Ie:     Roy..Bairstow..Root..Morgan..Curran..Butler..Rashid..Stokes..Ali..  You could even change that with Ali taking one of those higher positions.

However ..this morning I am still feeling rather frustrated, that someon has burgled me..after I left the key in The door!!!

Edited by fuchsntf

44 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

It is easy looking from the sidelines....but it was a bad descision,Stokes was wrapped up in his own adrenilin(rightly so)

But Butler or any partner should of been more decisive and helpfull...

in normal action and speed Stokes hitting the ground & then getting the nick...I can understand his thoughts...

in hindsight for the TV spectator it looked bad,and I thought OUT straight the way,but like all sport it's the perspective from field to spectator!!!

Yes we are to blame..and our tail should of brought it home..Ali has a fantastic 100 ,England's fastest behind him..So Even though we think he should of done better....Sport is sport,

Now Morgan,coaching-staff/all pundits,will have to see how we should approach such situations in the future...

I for one believe occasionally,it's worth putting  one our 6-8 th Batsman into Stokes/Morgan  position,and Stokes down the order,just so they have more opportunity to bat and hone those skills...Australia and India do it!!   Then when we come up to finals,they have more experience behind them..

Ie:     Roy..Bairstow..Root..Morgan..Curran..Butler..Rashid..Stokes..Ali..  You could even change that with Ali taking one of those higher positions.

However ..this morning I am still feeling rather frustrated, that someon has burgled me..after I left the key in The door!!!

Just adding to this....The team management and players should look into this,and put it into their minds eye that yesterday could of been a final!!!

Like this year's WC..  Take a good look at it and see where they can avoid,and positively improve on mistakes,DRS calls,and getting that tail to wag

and see out a game with solid and positive scoring runs,on their cvs...We want to see heroes in our tail,not in the opposition innings...

Ali/Curran/Rashid should be looking to chase down 20-40 runs comfortably,..also the potential to still see out a game with 80-100 runs to chase.

With backing from 9-10th batsman..

For years,I have always been saying in a five-game-series,winning or losing........We should see 2-3 games ,lower order batsman 7-8,should be tested

by being pushed up,and 1-2 games 9-10th(the bowlers) chose your best and have them coming in at 6-8th to attack.

Then occasionally  we will see Stokes-Butler....Butler-Ali, further down and trying to finish a game off from 7-9th positions.

It might be also used in the qualifying rounds of any finals...Yesterday,I just thought Curran and Rashid,even Ali were a tad unlucky,with more experience

their nerves and pressure of chasing quickly,were the problem because,they often don't need to bat in such situations...so throw them in up the order!!