Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Cricket 2019

1 hour ago, stripeyfox said:

I'm sure there's a good reason, but why in a round robin with an even number of teams have India not played yet, even though some teams have played twice already?

18 minutes ago, The Bear said:

India play South Africa on Wed. SA's 3rd game. India's 1st. Doesn't make sense. 

Yeah I don't get it either. Something to do with a 'recovery period' but not sure what they're recovering from lol

I don't agree with it. If anything we should have played against one of the teams yesterday. 

Anyway, my dad is a volunteer driver for delegates at The Oval and he missed out by one car to give Jacques Kallis a lift yesterday to wherever he'd need to go :nigel:

He had to settle for the PA to chief exec of ICC... 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ealingfox said:

Supposedly India asked the ICC for more time to settle in the UK following the IPL.

I see. Well it seems strange, you wouldn't imagine FIFA doing it, but then I suppose it is a long tournament so there's more scope to juggle the schedule. I guess India will have more games to squeeze in later on?

16 minutes ago, stripeyfox said:

I see. Well it seems strange, you wouldn't imagine FIFA doing it, but then I suppose it is a long tournament so there's more scope to juggle the schedule. I guess India will have more games to squeeze in later on?

Yeah. Mixture of each break between each game though. Biggest break is 6 days between our game between Afghanistan and Pakistan. But then only 2 days between England and Bangladesh games. 

South Africa though, after the 3 games by Wednesday this week, have 4-5 days for the rest of their games before 8 (!) days between their final 2.

TBH bowling first and restricting has never been this England teams forte, they've always had the mindset of "bat first, we'll set a monster total and pressure you into crumbling chasing it" or "any target you set, anything at all, we can and will chase".

Let's see how true the second of those is today.