Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Cricket 2019

Guest MattP
15 hours ago, Izzy said:

My old man is 70 next week and I was struggling to think what to buy him for his birthday.

Thought about Ashes tickets for the first test at Edgbaston but figured they'd all be sold out and lo and behold the website said day 1,2 & 3 sold out.

Clicked on availability for day 1 anyway and there were still half a dozen rows available!

Bought two tickets at £105 each so happy days.

Checked Viagogo etc. and they're going for £180+ each.

Seems too good to be true.

Weird...

Was sold out so no idea what has happened there! 

1 hour ago, MattP said:

Was sold out so no idea what has happened there! 

Me neither mate!

It still says day 1,2,& 3 are sold out on the website but it definitely let me buy 2 tickets in block 38. Maybe some have been returned? Anyway, they should arrive by Royal Mail in the next few days so :fc:  

Absolutely the most mental thing I've ever seen. 

Bangladesh in New Zealand. Bangladesh batting. Battsman takes a horrible swipe and gets caught behind. 

Reviews, claims it hit his shoulder. Go through all the tech and it turns out he's right. Great review.

Very next ball, edges it straight to the keeper stonewall. Out. 

Five minutes later, next batsman takes a horrible swipe and gets caught behind. 

Reviews, claims it hit his arm guard. Go through all the tech and it turns out he's right, great review. 

Very next ball, edges it straight to the keeper stonewall. Out. 

lol

Edited by Finnegan
  • Haha 1

Not sure why it's wrong or why there's such a fuss being called. Makes absolutely no difference to the player or how they'll perform. If anything it'll help fans identify who's where etc (not everyone knows who's who or is an expert fan of who likes to field where etc). 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Not sure why it's wrong or why there's such a fuss being called. Makes absolutely no difference to the player or how they'll perform. If anything it'll help fans identify who's where etc (not everyone knows who's who or is an expert fan of who likes to field where etc). 

There's a fuss being made because many cricket fans (me included) are proud of the traditions of test cricket and don't want to see it commercialized and end up like T20.

The one day game can do what it likes, but please leave test cricket alone.

Yes, I'm an old fart and of course it makes no difference to how the players perform. But just like the tradition of Wimbledon tennis players having to play in all white, I like the idea of keeping test cricket unique.

Before we know it we'll have music, hot tubs and all that shite at the Ashes. Just leave it alone...

I don't think adding shirt numbers and names changes the tradition of test cricket much. 

For me it's not a big a change as day/night Test matches, or pink ball matches which you could say have more of a change to how a match turns out. 

20 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I don't think adding shirt numbers and names changes the tradition of test cricket much. 

For me it's not a big a change as day/night Test matches, or pink ball matches which you could say have more of a change to how a match turns out. 

I'm still getting over squad numbers and names on shirts for football mate. Give me plain old fashioned 1-11 back any day of the week please.

Personally, I don't like the idea of day/night tests or pink balls either. I just don't think test cricket needs tinkering with, and any new innovations to the game can be trialed in the one day format instead.

I'm just old skool and if it ain't broke don't fix it.

14 minutes ago, Walkers said:

How is a shirt name/number any worse than having Waitrose or whoever it is nowadays on the front of the shirt?

It's not worse. It's just equally as bad.

I'm no fan of Kolpak at the best of times, but for him to be talking about playing internationals for England before he's even started the eligibility period seems really, really wrong. I do rate him, but can't get excited about the thought of him playing for England at all.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/26313047/hope-play-test-cricket-england-duanne-olivier

1 hour ago, walkerleeds said:

Cheers for the heads up.

Trying to buy for the Durham games, but it only allows me to buy one ticket. Any way round this?

That's strange, but there were a few bugs with the site yesterday so maybe just needs evening out. Have you bought tickets for those games in the previous ballot? May be the reason why if so.

23 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Not a fan of what Ashwin did there. Ironically t think he overstepped the mark. Was really enjoying Buttler's innings! 

It was an absolutely disgraceful act! Buttler was still in his crease when Ashwin entered his delivery stride.