Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Cricket 2019

16 hours ago, Swarles Barkley said:

Thats a disgusting decision to give curran out

watching live looked very poor and thought it was high and missing leg, the reviews introduced to stop decisions like this and maybe cricket would be better served if the 3rd Umpire or whoever is in charge of replays can actually say hold on let us have another look at that. Hopefully though we learn from it and come back stronger also think the Windies good side that they are pushing the sub fielder for Chris Gayle a bit too much but off the top of my head cannot remember a sub fielder being refused

3 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Buttler puts in a ridiculous shift. 

Gayle: hold my beer lol

This series has probably been the most fun I've had watching cricket since I've had a sky subscription. Who'd be a bowler? 

Do you support England? I know it's England and Wales but there's not that much representation 

2 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Do you support England? I know it's England and Wales but there's not that much representation 

I don't support England but I genuinely don't wish them any ill either. Like in football and rugby you could be playing a Mass Murderers choice side and I'd be cheering on Charlie Mason over England. 

Cricket I honestly don't care. I'm not a huge cricket fan, I'll only watch it if its exciting. I like watching any world class batman in full flow, Buttler is brilliant was an amazing knock. Be nice as a neutral to watch Gayle reply. 

I've watched a good 60% minimum of every game in this series so far I think and both teams have been fun to watch. The Windies really don't hang about do they, I get the impression they're most people's second team. Seems to be a lot of good spirit between the English and Windies fans which is nice. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, surrifox said:

I could watch Gayle all day - such a clean striker of the ball  and a great entertainer

He's great entertainment, I imagine he can be frustrating sometimes when he plays for your team and he's not in the mood. 

But he's great when he is. 

It’s great hitting but l find it a bit tedious after a while, even when England were doing the same. 40 sixes already in the game ! Seems only we can produce wickets with a bit in it to give the bowlers a fair crack ( you can probably tell I’m not a batter ! )

Hetmyer lol

I did that once. I played for an under 14s and the under 16s didn't have enough players so every week one of us got picked to step up. 

My turn they send me in to bat at 6. None of them knew me I'm just some random little kid to them. First ball absolutely hammered it for a boundary. They all thought I was going to be decent. 

Second ball got carried away, tried the exact same shot and got caught out lol

I was shit btw. 

Edited by Finnegan
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Hetmyer lol

I did that once. I played for an under 15s and the under 17s didn't have enough players so every week one of us got picked to step up. 

My turn they send me in to bat at 6. None of them knew me I'm just some random little kid to them. First ball absolutely hammered it for a boundary. They all thought I was going to be decent. 

Second ball got carried away, tried the exact same shot and got caught out lol

A few ago we played a league game ( 50 overs ) and our opening bat smashed the 1st ball of the game for 6 over extra cover. The bowler wasn’t amused ! 

The England Batsman didn't have the discipline of mental strength to dig in...!!!

Last 5 batsman,should of reassesed...even Currans wicket..last man was in context pathetic...

That said Windies have Gayle,and he will his eye on the Wcup..

Today though WINDIES bowlers did well,we threw out wickets away without taking a good look at the wicket,and showing respect to the pitch.

This is what worries me a little bit,not the loss,but the approach and attitude....After losing Morgan and Stokes,we should of just played out the

Overs up to the 43-46 over.That would of seen us around 200. Those deliveries were not unplayable and should of been left of just played..

Curran ,Root,Ali especially!!

My old man is 70 next week and I was struggling to think what to buy him for his birthday.

Thought about Ashes tickets for the first test at Edgbaston but figured they'd all be sold out and lo and behold the website said day 1,2 & 3 sold out.

Clicked on availability for day 1 anyway and there were still half a dozen rows available!

Bought two tickets at £105 each so happy days.

Checked Viagogo etc. and they're going for £180+ each.

Seems too good to be true.

Weird...

Edited by Izzy