Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Izzy

Women's World Cup 2019

17 hours ago, ozleicester said:

Intrigued that the "anyone arsed" has been dropped now that England have made the semi's lol

I think it was just after the Aussie team got eliminated.

Really don't like the Americans' attitude but quite happy that England got further than France.

TBH it'll be a bad day for Women's football if the US team win because it'll rest being seeing as a minority sport, for it's own good it needs a European victory - as sound as that sounds and is.

So after the semis will it be Women's football or Women's soccer?

Really wasn't a fan of this. I may have misinterpreted the message she was trying to put out there, just seems an odd way to do it. Why can't they just celebrate winning as a team and all their hard work etc etc. Why did she have to make it about sexuality? 

15 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Really wasn't a fan of this. I may have misinterpreted the message she was trying to put out there, just seems an odd way to do it. Why can't they just celebrate winning as a team and all their hard work etc etc. Why did she have to make it about sexuality? 

Perhaps I'm getting this one wrong, but she's making it about that because the US has a lot of folks with power who would see people of that sexuality marginalised - whether on the football pitch or anywhere else.

In her mind, she's just firing back at them.

6 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

Perhaps I'm getting this one wrong, but she's making it about that because the US has a lot of folks with power who would see people of that sexuality marginalised - whether on the football pitch or anywhere else.

In her mind, she's just firing back at them.

Hadn't thought of it like that. A lot of Trump and his clowns have extremely strong views so that could be one thing.

I guess she has got the discussion going though  

24 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Hadn't thought of it like that. A lot of Trump and his clowns have extremely strong views so that could be one thing.

I guess she has got the discussion going though  

Yes. Not exactly the way I would have envisioned throwing light on the debate, but it does get the discussion going.