Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Izzy

Women's World Cup 2019

1 minute ago, fuchsntf said:

to be brutally honest,I agree.   But support Should be the Key word, for the Moment in time,und Not Male-Macho cynicism,that comes too often to the fore...!

There have been periods over the last 25 years,where Womens sport ( Not just English women) where I have enjoyed internationally more the Womens playing Presentation,than that of the men...!

Oh yeah I'm supporting them, and I'll watch their next two game.

15 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Oh yeah I'm supporting them, and I'll watch their next two game.

Me too...,But I wont get the beer,flags,und crisps out.....If they win,I might spend a few Nights down the Pub mentioning it,but Not a year disecting and discussing

it...   I wont buy the DVD,just might Watch it once again. There lies the difference....

Though When they come on ,I enjoy the highlights of England Cricket women,winning the cup...I just wouldnt stop My viewing,because of it.

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 1

Interesting article about why the US has dominated women’s football ...    so let’s stop taking the piss and get behind our team ...   and for all those people on here that have been coming out with ridiculous comments like ‘that one looks tasty’ and another ‘has nice lippy on’ or that ‘Neville is a dead ringer for the dwarf lad on Little people big world’ ..   well shame on you !!   

117D1D27-E2FE-4594-B068-C15F7815A555.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Interesting article about why the US has dominated women’s football ...    so let’s stop taking the piss and get behind our team ...   and for all those people on here that have been coming out with ridiculous comments like ‘that one looks tasty’ and another ‘has nice lippy on’ or that ‘Neville is a dead ringer for the dwarf lad on Little people big world’ ..   well shame on you !!   

Hasn't that mainly been you? lol

The more I hear Phil Neville speak and read his interviews, the more impressed I am with him.

He’s really turned round my opinion of him and I’m happy to be proved wrong.

I think I might even be starting to quite like him :blush:

• Like 1

Our defence looked awful and not sure how Norway didn't get at least a couple.  That said we looked really dangerous going forward and could have score 5+  Much like the mens side we've had a great draw through to the semi's, the next game will be our first real test, I still think to get through we have to play considerably better to progress.

Tough tough game coming up...fingers crossed.

37 minutes ago, Izzy said:

The more I hear Phil Neville speak and read his interviews, the more impressed I am with him.

He’s really turned round my opinion of him and I’m happy to be proved wrong.

I think I might even be starting to quite like him :blush:

As a fellow coach/manager do you see him having a future in the mens game?

Also are you looking to him for tips?

Edited by Facecloth

7 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

As a fellow coach/manager do you see him having a future in the mens game?

Also are you looking to him for tips?

I'm not sure when you're taking the piss or not Son of Buce :D

Assuming you're being serious, I reckon if he wins the WWC with this team he'll be hot property and it wouldn't surprise me if he then gets a decent job in the mens game. It would be the perfect transition if he takes this team as far as he can and achieves the ultimate goal. 

I'm not really looking for tips but there's a few things he's said in this piece especially that I really like. 

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/11750049/phil-neville-says-england-women-quarter-final-win-one-of-his-proudest-moments-in-football

I like his language and his honesty and the fact it's all about the players and not him. You can tell by the way the players react to him that they'd walk over hot coals for him so he's got the natural man (women) management skills I reckon. And to think he worked under Fergie for all those years, he must have picked up some great tips.

Would be ironic if he became a successful manager where his brother failed after living in Gary's shadow as a player for so many years..

I think he's got potential and it will be interesting watching his journey. Good luck to him.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Assuming you're being serious, I reckon if he wins the WWC with this team he'll be hot property and it wouldn't surprise me if he then gets a decent job in the mens game. It would be the perfect transition if he takes this team as far as he can and achieves the ultimate goal. 

I'm not really looking for tips but there's a few things he's said in this piece especially that I really like. 

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/11750049/phil-neville-says-england-women-quarter-final-win-one-of-his-proudest-moments-in-football

I like his language and his honesty and the fact it's all about the players and not him. You can tell by the way the players react to him that they'd walk over hot coals for him so he's got the natural man (women) management skills I reckon. And to think he worked under Fergie for all those years, he must have picked up some great tips.

Would be ironic if he became a successful manager where his brother failed after living in Gary's shadow as a player for so many years..

I think he's got potential and it will be interesting watching his journey. Good luck to him.

Whoa there Izzy! Let's tap the brakes a little. He's not yet even improved on the performance of Mark Sampson's team from the WC 4 years ago.

8 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Whoa there Izzy! Let's tap the brakes a little. He's not yet even improved on the performance of Mark Sampson's team from the WC 4 years ago.

Fair point. Maybe I’m getting carried away on the euphoria that it might actually be coming home this time :D

Probably one way to judge is it’ll cost you as an England Lioness Supporter Member only £10 to watch them play Germany at Wembley in November.

I’ve enjoyed watching them for a long time so have no problem with them but it does grate when the media talks about them as if they’re an integral part of the men’s team and their history.

3 hours ago, Izzy said:

Of course I wasn't taking the piss gaffer :P

It's interesting that he's been talked up by a few despite doing no better than Mark Sampson so far. I know Sampson left under a cloud, but even prior to that he wasn't getting talked up as potentially moving to bigger things after England. I'm not sure if it the way Neville is carrying himself or because he's a household name who played for Man Utd. Or maybe is because the womens game is getting more respect so we're more open to its coaches moving into the mens game.

He'd probably be a better bet for Man Utd than Ole though if we're honest.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

Intrigued that the "anyone arsed" has been dropped now that England have made the semi's lol

It was dropped a while back when we realised we'd reached 24 pages and were arsed.

Just turned on the Fox USA-France pregame  =  1/3 analysis, 2/3 nauseating hype.  It's good for neutrals to have a matchup of equals, but the more front-running American fans may be in for a surprise. 

This year’s US team still has an overhyped look and feel for me.  Four years ago, ours looked meh through the groups -- but then they found the next gear.  I hope this group can do the same!