Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Izzy

Women's World Cup 2019

1 minute ago, spacemunky said:

No more pens for Parris. Twice now she's made that same shot.

Let Bronze tear into one!

Bronze deserves a medal on this display

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, spacemunky said:

Good win.

Hafta eliminate those mistakes though to get to the final. 

Yes will not get away with some of the sloppy passing France or USA will punish that but I actually think we are growing into the tournament and really think we are in with a proper chance

• Like 1

France or USA will be a tougher test but England don't half look good! There's a rick or two in them for sure. Millie Bright had a horrid five minutes or so when she could've cost us three goals, but the rest of the team stood up to cover for her. A fantastic team performance!

Nobody ,ob this Forum knows how to be positive!!! :dunno:

. Everybody wants a Slice of being a pundit,instead of showing support!!

England Women played well,I totaly enjoyed the game...They are into the semi-finals.

4 Top Teams . ..England deservedly One of them.....!

Edited by fuchsntf

I was trying to work out where this would sit on the scale of sporting joy for me should we win this thing. The media are going to try and build it up as ending the "years of hurt" since 66, but it won't, it's not THE World Cup.

I'd say its probably in tier 4, below Leicester winning anything and England winning a major trophy. Below a brit winning a tennis major or a golf major. For it's probably level with England winning a youth world cup or the rugby or cricket world cup (not a huge fan of rugby or cricket, but I'm happy if we win).

The media will try and big this up, and I'll be delighted for the girls, but I can't pretend its huge.

As an aside I mentioned to someone last night, that I hear lots of talk of building the game here in England/Britain, but we're apparently not bidding to host any of the next 3 world cups. If we're serious about building up the popularity why are we not looking at bringing the tournament here? We have the stadiums, it won't take any infrastructure changes, we could host it tomorrow. 

Edited by Facecloth

1 minute ago, Facecloth said:

I was trying to work out where this would sit on the scale of sporting joy for me should we win this thing. The media are going to try and build it up as ending the "years of hurt" since 66, but it won't, it's not THE World Cup.

I'd say its probably in tier 4, below Leicester winning anything and England winning a major trophy. Below a brit winning a tennis major or a golf major. For it's probably level with England winning a youth world cup or thr rugby or cricket world cup (not a huge fan of rugby or cricket, but I'm happy if we win).

The media will try and big this up, and I'll be delighted for the girls, but I can't pretend its huge.

As an aside I mentioned to someone last night, that I hear lots of talk of building the game here in England/Britain, but we're apparently not bidding to host any of the next 3 world cups. If we're serious about building up the popularity why are we not looking at bringing the tournament here? We have the stadiums, it won't take any infrastructure changes, we could host it tomorrow. 

I don't get why "the home of football" has not produced a competitive women's team before the last few years. Dominance has been by US, Germany and the Scandinavians. Is it simply the attitude in this country that football is a man's sport?

Personally, I would agree with the ratings of the women's world cup, it doesn't come high on the agenda.

11 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

I'd say its probably in tier 4, below Leicester winning anything and England winning a major trophy. Below a brit winning a tennis major or a golf major. For it's probably level with England winning a youth world cup or thr rugby or cricket world cup (not a huge fan of rugby or cricket, but I'm happy if we win).

to be brutally honest,I agree.   But support Should be the Key word, for the Moment in time,und Not Male-Macho cynicism,that comes too often to the fore...!

There have been periods over the last 25 years,where Womens sport ( Not just English women) where I have enjoyed internationally more the Womens playing Presentation,than that of the men...!

Edited by fuchsntf