Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Non League Football 2019-20

Notts need to learn how to see games out, so many times been in front this season only to concede and end up not winning.

Can't understand why Chestefield are struggling so badly, ended last season like a train, just struggled to a 2-2 at home to Barrow.

Nuneaton Boro get the first win of the season in the southern league central division after 1-0 win over needham market. Hopefully this result will kick start season after a bit of slow start. Next up a short trip to Leicestershire on bank holiday monday to Coalville. Anyone know the best way to get there from Leicester?

On 24/08/2019 at 17:01, Tuna said:

Notts need to learn how to see games out, so many times been in front this season only to concede and end up not winning.

Can't understand why Chestefield are struggling so badly, ended last season like a train, just struggled to a 2-2 at home to Barrow.

Lost again today ffs. 

I had hopes for them this season with Sheridan. Hopefully it's just a "slow start".

Strong win for County today.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, spacemunky said:

lol

Not sure the last time we scored 5. I'd have to check the archives :ph34r:

A friendly against the Rolls Royce Select XI in 2017 :ph34r:?

Otherwise it's 18th October 2014 - 5-3 win over Crawley :D 

Boro lose 3-5 to Coalville infront of 150 travelling away Boro fans, what a shame again another dyer performance from a really shower of a team. Sometimes you like to think when your relegated and playing in the league below things will change, you will see your team win a few more and negativity from the previous season is all gone. It maybe different squad but it's the same coaching team, with the same methods. On paper we've got a good squad but we just looked so disorganised, the players don't look like their sold on these tactics and don't look like their enjoy playing at the moment. We can't sack the manager because he's the owner. What a mess... should be grateful as if it wasn't for the manager/owner we wouldn't have a club, but I don't think I could put with yet another season of humiliation and relegation. I just think the guy needs to take a step back move up stairs and bring new manager in to freshen up the team. 

Edited by Leicesterpool

1 hour ago, Jattdogg said:

Mighty Crawley

I can't even poke fun at 'em lol 

Hardly anyone now I can have a go at.

Saw a young boys team kicking the ball about today. Thought about saying something when I saw one kid trip over his own feet, but I saw his potential and immediately emailed the Notts scouting department.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, spacemunky said:

lol

Not sure the last time we scored 5. I'd have to check the archives :ph34r:

Found myself at this yesterday as my girlfriend's friend is a Chorley fan and invited us along. By all accounts they should have had the game wrapped up by half-time and Notts were lacking up top.

That said, Notts deserved the win for being so willing to make chances out of nothing and shoot from range, which Chorley were reluctant to do, though I don't think the scoreline is an entirely fair reflection of the game.

Weirdest moment of the game was Chorley fans singing "Jimmy Savile, he's one of your own" - apparently they sing it every game no matter who the opposition are...

Anyway, finally ticked Meadow Lane off and hope Notts go on and get themselves back in the league now.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Found myself at this yesterday as my girlfriend's friend is a Chorley fan and invited us along. By all accounts they should have had the game wrapped up by half-time and Notts were lacking up top.

That said, Notts deserved the win for being so willing to make chances out of nothing and shoot from range, which Chorley were reluctant to do, though I don't think the scoreline is an entirely fair reflection of the game.

Weirdest moment of the game was Chorley fans singing "Jimmy Savile, he's one of your own" - apparently they sing it every game no matter who the opposition are...

Anyway, finally ticked Meadow Lane off and hope Notts go on and get themselves back in the league now.

Sounds like an inbred lot

I fell asleep at the half today while listening to the Notts/Solihull match. 

In case that doesn't say enough about the match, here's a quote from a Notts forum:

Well for the first time in 157 years, I think we have finally found our level. That was a game of absolute, utter sheitness, devoid of anything that remotely resembles the game of football.

"To be honest, I know some folk told us how awful it as going to be but I didn’t expect anything like that tonight... that was dire. It’s killing my love of the game, it really is."

23 hours ago, spacemunky said:

I fell asleep at the half today while listening to the Notts/Solihull match. 

In case that doesn't say enough about the match, here's a quote from a Notts forum:

Well for the first time in 157 years, I think we have finally found our level. That was a game of absolute, utter sheitness, devoid of anything that remotely resembles the game of football.

"To be honest, I know some folk told us how awful it as going to be but I didn’t expect anything like that tonight... that was dire. It’s killing my love of the game, it really is."

You lot need to stop complaining,  we have to watch MLS footy its a toss up between the two!

• Haha 1