Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Non League Football 2019-20

Went to Fylde v Barrow today. Knew very little about either side other than that Barrow were top. 

Barrow were clearly better, but they were very much into the dark arts, particularly the two central midfielders. Always in the refs ear, no surprise to see Ian Evatt was the manager. Good finish by Quigley though after a short backpass.

I know he has a great goal scoring record at that level but Danny Rowe was woeful for Fylde, lazy and incredibly slow. 

Good day though. 

39 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Looks Chesterfield fans must look forward to there local derby with Alfreton next season in National North.

They will struggle to survive. The size of the ground and wage bill... huge.

Only the other week my mate was talking about the wonders Cooke did in getting them to League 1 play offs. Mad to think now given the state of the club and it was less than 5 years ago.

Edited by Fox92

7 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Only the other week my mate was talking about the wonders Cooke did in getting them to League 1 play offs. Mad to think now given the state of the club and it was less than 5 years ago.

A more drastic version of how Orient fell off a cliff after being within touching distance of the Championship.

6 hours ago, Langston said:

A more drastic version of how Orient fell off a cliff after being within touching distance of the Championship.

Ah yeah, sometimes forget how clubs just fall away. Think it was Rotherham who beat Orient in play off final and then they got relegated. Yeovil fell through the divisions too after their short spell in the Championship.

Burton have done well to stable themselves as a football league club and even stay in the Championship for a couple of seasons.

22 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Stockport County best example, went from League One to the Conference North in next to no time, went part time and took 6 years to get back to the Conference.

Think we played Stockport twice when we were in league one and didn't beat them in either game.

Pleased to see Chesterfield got a result today against Sutton United, still a massive challenge but it's a start.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Heathrow fox said:

4019 at Kings Lynn v York City today.

King's Lynn have had an incredible 18 months and Ian Culverhouse is doing a tremendous job.

There were also 1700 odd at Bromsgrove v Tamworth in the Central Premier last week. There's some well supported clubs in the non-league. Sadly Coalville Town aren't one of them.

• Like 1

On 18/01/2020 at 20:38, Gary Eatfood said:

King's Lynn have had an incredible 18 months and Ian Culverhouse is doing a tremendous job.

There were also 1700 odd at Bromsgrove v Tamworth in the Central Premier last week. There's some well supported clubs in the non-league. Sadly Coalville Town aren't one of them.

Absolute dreamland at Lynn at the moment, won 3-0 again today. If they get into the Conference and Leicester qualify for the Champions League it'll be like I'm living in a parallel universe. 

• Like 1

On 18/01/2020 at 20:38, Gary Eatfood said:

Even more amazing as he got off to a rather ropey start.

On 25/01/2020 at 19:37, Gary Eatfood said:

Saw Coalville win 3-0 at Bromsgrove Sporting today and dominate the league leaders. Adam Stevens has put together a tidy and effective team there. If you get the chance to go and see them, do it. Well worth a tenner. And they need the support!!

Bromsgrove in a false position tho - played so many games ahead of the rest but the division is taking shape. Stourbridge will get there. Struggled for form but now it's coming together. Coalville impressive however considering the size of clubs around. 

On 25/01/2020 at 20:15, bovril said:

Absolute dreamland at Lynn at the moment, won 3-0 again today. If they get into the Conference and Leicester qualify for the Champions League it'll be like I'm living in a parallel universe. 

Just shame the chairman comes across as such a car salesman. 

44 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Just shame the chairman comes across as such a car salesman. 

Yes was going to add that in my original post. Doesn't come over well at all. And as a Linnet myself I have to admit we have some of the worst supporters in non league. Heard shit loads of sexism and racism down there.