Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Surplus LCFC kits donated & delivered to East African children

Great gesture by the RAF/LCFC.  Well done!

There will be some future stars amongst these lads so make sure Congerton gets over there to sign a few up.  (Just do not give him a printed list of targets to leave on the plane:ph34r:)

Edited by mozartfox
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Swan Lesta said:

I don't think our owners can seriously be accused of neglect in the community of Leicestershire.

Seriously, I just don't get how people can have an issue with this lol I swear some of our fans could start a fight with themselves in a paper bag.

Keep English team shirts English :blink:

1 hour ago, SydenhamFox said:

Why create a binary of 'them' v 'our own'? Far too much of that going on in the world!

Thrilled and appreciative kids are thrilled and appreciative kids. End of.

The fact those shirts are LCFC shirts mean nothing to a child in Africa. They would to a poor Leicester kid. It's a publicity stunt. If they need the publicity then give them to orphans or 1 parent kids etc...

4 hours ago, FIF said:

The fact those shirts are LCFC shirts mean nothing to a child in Africa. They would to a poor Leicester kid. It's a publicity stunt. If they need the publicity then give them to orphans or 1 parent kids etc...

Lots of assumptions there.

How do you know they mean nothing to a kid in Africa? The Premier League is a global game and massive in Africa. We made a name for ourselves when we won the league and those kids have probably known a kind of poverty that even the poorest in Leicester won’t have had to endure, thankfully.

I bet they really appreciate a shiny new shirt. Probably more than a Man City or Liverpool supporting kid born in Leicester. 

It’s not an either or thing. Why do people so seem so keen on making it that?!

• Thanks 4

I actually wrote to Martin O’Neill in 1998 when I was 13 asking if the club could send some footballs to children in Botswana so they could play football with real balls instead of ones they made with plastic bags, and he wrote back saying it wasn’t currently their policy and wasn’t all that feasible anyway. The bastard. So I’d like to think this was my idea in the first place. X

• Like 1

10 hours ago, FIF said:

Both are not mutually exclusive 

• Like 3

16 hours ago, FIF said:

Clearly you've never been to Africa.

We've teamed up with a bunch of other clubs to donate left over/unsold shirts to children in need and the RAF have flown them over and you say its a publicity stunt and there's a greater need for those shirts in Leicester.

Honestly, you should be ashamed of yourself.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, SydenhamFox said:

Lots of assumptions there.

How do you know they mean nothing to a kid in Africa? The Premier League is a global game and massive in Africa. We made a name for ourselves when we won the league and those kids have probably known a kind of poverty that even the poorest in Leicester won’t have had to endure, thankfully.

I bet they really appreciate a shiny new shirt. Probably more than a Man City or Liverpool supporting kid born in Leicester. 

It’s not an either or thing. Why do people so seem so keen on making it that?!

Not that it matters but I think my assumptions are less wild than yours.

If the club want to clothe African children I think that's great. I suggest they pay Africans in the area to make clothes for the children. It would help stimulate the economy and clothe the poor. If they are so poor they'll be happy with clothes made especially for them in material suited to their conditions rather than a shiny Football top. There are many LCFC supporting kids in Leicester whose parents can't afford a shirt for them, I bet they'd really appreciate a Leicester shirt too.

Not sure why people are so against letting local poor kids have City tops.

15 minutes ago, FIF said:

Not that it matters but I think my assumptions are less wild than yours.

If the club want to clothe African children I think that's great. I suggest they pay Africans in the area to make clothes for the children. It would help stimulate the economy and clothe the poor. If they are so poor they'll be happy with clothes made especially for them in material suited to their conditions rather than a shiny Football top. There are many LCFC supporting kids in Leicester whose parents can't afford a shirt for them, I bet they'd really appreciate a Leicester shirt too.

Not sure why people are so against letting local poor kids have City tops.

Nobody is against poor children in Leicester being given City tops - that would be stupid.

The RAF set up the football shirt donation in 2006 and its taken this long to get PL clubs on board - they have been delivered in association with healthcare products and other basic living resources to some of the poorest areas of many countries in the world - In lots of those places, kids are living in shanti towns.

The PL is screened in Africa for free - on a Sunday if you have access to a TV you can watch every PL game in full back to back all day if you want and thats been the case for in excess of 15 years. To these children it may be the first time they have any association with the world they see on the TV and whilst this charity started with used and new shirts from schools and much smaller league and non league clubs its now grown into something truly great. Fair play to the club for signing up to it. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1