Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dahnsouff

Rather nice Guardian article about Leicester City

9 hours ago, Stoopid said:

Hard to recall a summer when I've been more excited about the new season.

Even my inner Eeyore - a constant voice of caution - is not as loud as usual, and I'm beginning to think that even if we don't break into the top 6 this time, we're in for a thrilling ride.

Can't wait for August!

My inner Piglet says don't be daft :P

Poor Monaco, signing off on Tielemans for reportedly £5m less than originally asked to a team who splashed out to beat them to another target a few days prior... and the Silva deal appears to be dead.  Their fans must be pretty annoyed with us right about now.

• Like 1

Tbh, even if Monaco had activated Perez’s release clause at the same time as us, surely a top half PL team is still more attractive than a relegation battler in Ligue 1. Particularly for a player whose family is already settled in the UK.

(We’re massive lol)

16 hours ago, Stoopid said:

Hard to recall a summer when I've been more excited about the new season.

Even my inner Eeyore - a constant voice of caution - is not as loud as usual, and I'm beginning to think that even if we don't break into the top 6 this time, we're in for a thrilling ride.

Can't wait for August!

All this heady optimism is tempting providence......l pray it survives our first game against Wolves. The team is very dependent on JV to score the goals. If he's out for a few games who is there to step up? Perhaps Iheanacho might come through but if he does it will be the biggest miracle since Lazarus.

1 hour ago, urban.spaceman said:

There’s a Manchester City fan in the comments complaining about our 2002 administration and the £3m FFP fine. 

I repeat. There’s a Manchester City fan in the comments complaining about our 2002 administration and the £3m FFP fine.

I think the irony what's lost on a lot of people with the admin scenario is that we didn't actually gain. 

We went up to the top flight, we were ****ing crap with a team of freebies. 

Then we went into football purgatory and we were absolutely shite for numerous years. 

Eventually landing in League 1 which where the pain generally ended for most clubs who went into admin after us. 

4 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

I think the irony what's lost on a lot of people with the admin scenario is that we didn't actually gain. 

We went up to the top flight, we were ****ing crap with a team of freebies. 

Then we went into football purgatory and we were absolutely shite for numerous years. 

Eventually landing in League 1 which where the pain generally ended for most clubs who went into admin after us. 

Didn't most of the TV money go on paying debts and creditors?

Actually, it was another club who had been in administration not long before, Portsmouth, who had no points deductions or demotions and were promoted with us who did far more in the Premier League.