Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dahnsouff

Rather nice Guardian article about Leicester City

Hard to recall a summer when I've been more excited about the new season.

Even my inner Eeyore - a constant voice of caution - is not as loud as usual, and I'm beginning to think that even if we don't break into the top 6 this time, we're in for a thrilling ride.

Can't wait for August!

• Like 3

Great article, thanks for sharing.

This is the first season since being back in the PL that I genuinely have no fear about being relegated - which is nice. I know we've had some decent sides over the last few years, but there's always been that nagging thought in the back of my mind of relegation. But this year, I'm just excited. Man Utd and Arsenal are there to be chased in my opinion, and I think we've got a very good squad (along with Wolves and Everton) that can take them to the wire. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, rn9013 said:

This is the first season since being back in the PL that I genuinely have no fear about being relegated - which is nice. I know we've had some decent sides over the last few years, but there's always been that nagging thought in the back of my mind of relegation. But this year, I'm just excited. Man Utd and Arsenal are there to be chased in my opinion, and I think we've got a very good squad (along with Wolves and Everton) that can take them to the wire. 

And Chelsea! (Potentially).

23 minutes ago, rn9013 said:

That’s us going down then.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, DerbyshireFox said:

Interesting that Monaco were apparently sniffing around Pérez, wonder if that had any effect on negotiations? Not that it matters, we got them both in the end!! ?

I thought that - wouldn't have helped!

That's a good article. I think it also provides some explanation over the Perez deal. We may well have overpaid, but sometimes over paying to get a deal over the line can actually be worth it. We got all three signings done in time to join the training camp, and it's at camps like those that players form a real bond and team spirit created. Team spirit absolutely cannot be underrated, look at our 15/16 team as proof of that! Tielemans also clearly bonded with players in the team, and that might have been one of the most important reasons he decided to come back and sign. 

If you look at the top clubs, Real Madrid this summer have been the most organised. No fannying about - Mendy, Militao, Hazard and Jovic recruited in quick time and in plenty of time for preseason. We are a much smaller club, but being run in the right way is still important. And moving in and concluding a deal before anyone else gets a sniff can be a good thing.

The winger deal will be the interesting one. Seems like many clubs are looking for one, so perhaps it's the one where we have to play a waiting game and strike when the market moves. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Finnegan said:

All of these optimistic, excited articles about Brendan Rodgers Leicester at the minute is making me look forward even more to Phil Mcnulty's pre season prediction that we'll finish 17th.

'With a heavy heart'

It’s great to see a few positive articles about our progress and squad, but I hope the team do not believe the hype.  I just hope we don’t set ourselves up for a fall after being built up by the media over the summer...

• Like 2