Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DJ Barry Hammond

Transfer Jealousy

27 minutes ago, NewquayFox said:

Pukki at Norwich went under the radar when he joined them, not sure of his age but he looks like a Vardy type who enjoys scoring for fun, needs to wind the crowd up a bit more though... :rolleyes:

He's 29, so no spring chicken, but looks a great signing for Norwich. Free transfer and scored 33 in 45 for them so far! That's 1.36 apps per goal or 0.73 goals per app! He doesn't score in just one of every 4 games. Unbelievable. Maybe a late bloomer like Vardy. Could be worth a fortune by January.

• Like 1

On 08/08/2019 at 19:44, Foxy_Bear said:

Malcolm for £30 odd million. No idea why we weren't all over that. 

Having watched him play for Bordeaux I really don't see why teams rate him. Has he actually been a success anywhere yet?

Arsenal seem to have picked up a couple of decent midfielders but surely they are just replacements for Ozil and Xhaka (?). I can't see them all playing together. Ceballos is Ozil.

Chlesea and Manure are playing youngsters at the moment but will they stick with them when they hit their rough passages?

Puscas from Inter Milan to Reading just scored 2 in his 1st half debut I believe.

Watched him in the U21 championship for Romania he was the best striker in the tournament caused no end of trouble as he has it all strong, good with his head, speed and can play, his 1st today showcased it all,  just surprised no bigger clubs came in for him as his agent was expecting after the tournament.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

Puscas from Inter Milan to Reading just scored 2 in his 1st half debut I believe.

Watched him in the U21 championship for Romania he was the best striker in the tournament caused no end of trouble as he has it all strong, good with his head, speed and can play, his 1st today showcased it all,  just surprised no bigger clubs came in for him as his agent was expecting after the tournament.

Been watching the game today - he'll do very well in the Championship. His movement off the ball is good and he's got a strong combination of speed, skill and physicality. First goal was superb, albeit shocking defending from Cardiff 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LCCFox96 said:

Been watching the game today - he'll do very well in the Championship. His movement off the ball is good and he's got a strong combination of speed, skill and physicality. First goal was superb, albeit shocking defending from Cardiff 

Have a feeling he won’t be at Reading next season and they will have a few quid in their pocket 

21 hours ago, BKLFox said:

Likewise Hagi was amazing in the Euros and went to Genk for about £3m, would have liked us to have looked at him.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Haywood_6 said:

When Brighton signed Trossard I thought it would be an astute bit of business. He's already ripping it up in his first game. Wouldn't of minded another talented Belgian like him.

If only he didn’t have an r in his name. Would have been perfect for the spaffers on FT. 

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

James at Utd could turn out to be a great bit off business

As long as they finish the season 3 points behind us, do we care?

10 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Daniel James this summer.

In previous windows I wish we'd signed Richarlison, although we all would have said we were nuts paying 50m at the time!

As both were wingers though, this would mean pushing Albrighton or Gray out of the fold.

Richarlison is not an English player you know?

On 31/08/2019 at 19:49, FIF said:

As long as they finish the season 3 points behind us, do we care?

As the title of the thread is called transfer jealousy, obviously we do. I'd even go as far as to say that if you don't care about other teams transfers and the 'jealousy' behind some of the signings, you're probably in the wrong thread FIF.

Obviously Pepe is absolutely way out of our league, but he's looked a fantastic player in a couple of games. Against Liverpool and Spurs though he struggled.

Edited by Leicester_Loyal

On 31/08/2019 at 13:03, coolhandfox said:

James at Utd could turn out to be a great bit off business

Possibly, but it's still too early to tell. 

I try not to get too caught up in the media hype when Man Utd sign someone who has a couple of decent games.

His goal at Southampton was quite ordinary yet it was ALL over social media.

1 minute ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

I try not to get too caught up in the media hype when Man Utd sign someone who has a couple of decent games.

It’s actually quite funny. Watching that Southampton game if Maguire went near the ball, passed if forward or nearly made error the commentary shaped it as ‘confident empowering leader of magnificent decision making.....’ its the hype that goes with Man U - no disrespect to Maguire but if he put his shorts on the right way round it’d be because he’s an £80 million pound Man U centre back.

13 minutes ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

Which is why I used the word could!

However 3 goals in 4 games isn't a bad start.

On 18/08/2019 at 09:40, NewquayFox said:

Pukki at Norwich went under the radar when he joined them, not sure of his age but he looks like a Vardy type who enjoys scoring for fun, needs to wind the crowd up a bit more though... :rolleyes:

He is 29 and was shit where else he went. 

He just works really well in their system.