Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DJ Barry Hammond

Transfer Jealousy

Not envious but I think Brighton have had a great window. Not lost any of their prized possessions and Maupay and Trossard definitely improve them. 

Arsenal have pulled it out of the bag at the death as well, possibly the best window.

Spurs have obviously signed some exciting players as well but they’ve come at a high cost. Sessignon at that price is a bargain considering his age.

Other than that I’d think our window is the 3rd best in the league.  We are seriously laughing with YT he’ll be worth 100mill by January (he already is imo but once others take note of how good he is)

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Foxy_Bear said:

Malcolm for £30 odd million. No idea why we weren't all over that. 

Because he's really not that good perhaps? Or could it be that to some foreign players Leicester City really aren't as attractive an opportunity as some of our fans think we are or ought to be. 

There are certainly a few players signed by other teams that I reckon could do a job for us but Youri for £40m has to be the best signing of the window hands down, everyone else should be jealous of us. :thumbup:

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

There are certainly a few players signed by other teams that I reckon could do a job for us but Youri for £40m has to be the best signing of the window hands down, everyone else should be jealous of us. :thumbup:

From reading around I think it’s safe to say they are! Seen a lot of Man U fans raging about the quality of our midfield compared to theirs. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Because he's really not that good perhaps? Or could it be that to some foreign players Leicester City really aren't as attractive an opportunity as some of our fans think we are or ought to be

Yeh and Brazilians love playing in the depths of fuching Russia in freezing conditions for fans that hate you because you're black..... Cool. 

• Like 1

not so much jealous but somewhat bemused at some of the business that has taken place.

Arsenal are skint we were told yet they splashed serious wedge at Pepe.

Spurs are losing their best players not so far and they have brought in more than able additions

Some of the foreign signings show that there is serious scouting going on by many of the chasing pack sides now that they have decent money to spend. Everton, Watford, ourselves etc all have made interesting imports. Also pertinent is the ridiculous premium being asked for current PL players

Mike Ashley did not have a fire sale at Newcastle

Man utd predictable

Man City/Liverpool remarkably quiet.  Confident that they are far enough ahead of the rest that they are going to rule the roost again

Even some of the lower pecking order clubs have strengthened in relative terms.

Nobody had a mare of a window losing half their players (Southampton a few years back).  Apart from Chelsea of course.

Oh and what happened to the £200,000,000 that we had supposedly promised Rogers according some media reports? (plus another 80m from Maguire sale)

• Like 1

There was no way we were ever going to spend £200m in one window! Anyone who thought that is mad!  Across across a few windows maybe, but not all at once. Sides who don’t have to bring in a shed load of new signings aren’t always the most exciting on deadline day, but it shows that we have a good side already, and most importantly a Team, which we have strengthened. Losing Maguire is a loss of course, but we planned for this last year. We’re never going to know if Söyüncü and Benkovic are good enough if we don’t play them! It could be a master stroke, it could backfire. Let’s just enjoy the ride! We have a good manager, a strong squad, and some of the best young players in the country. :scarf:

• Like 4

8 hours ago, urban fox said:

not so much jealous but somewhat bemused at some of the business that has taken place.

Spurs are losing their best players not so far and they have brought in more than able additions

Some of the foreign signings show that there is serious scouting going on by many of the chasing pack sides now that they have decent money to spend. Everton, Watford, ourselves etc all have made interesting imports. Also pertinent is the ridiculous premium being asked for current PL players

Man utd predictable

Man City/Liverpool remarkably quiet.  Confident that they are far enough ahead of the rest that they are going to rule the roost again

Nobody had a mare of a window losing half their players (Southampton a few years back).  Apart from Chelsea of course.

Oh and what happened to the £200,000,000 that we had supposedly promised Rogers according some media reports? (plus another 80m from Maguire sale)

Haha I never saw the 200,000 alleged by media reports but when you add the media, you then get fantasy land.

That was never going to happen in a million years, and neither did we need in dreamland need to spend such stupid amounts. We spent adequately in the circumstances on what look to be reasonable well thought out targets. A combination of what Rodgers supposedly requested, combined with solidly scouted, affordable to us  individuals. 

The model Top has chosen as he has stated is one of sustainability. I would suggest that is rather like Dortmund and others who buy young good prospects at a reasonable price and sell the odd one along the way for the betterment of the team as a whole. It's a sensible, potentially very exciting sustainable model devoid of ludicrous spending on a particular risky type of player just to try and keep up. If fans want silly spending of 200,000 they're following the wrong club, try Man City. Though neither they or Liverpool have actually broken the bank this time. A sign for me that they're reasonably happy with what they've got and unless they see a player that can significantly improve them, they won't buy for the sake of it. Probably our recruitment team are taking a similar sensible stance.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Haha I never saw the 200,000 alleged by media reports but when you add the media, you then get fantasy land.

That was never going to happen in a million years, and neither did we need in dreamland need to spend such stupid amounts. We spent adequately in the circumstances on what look to be reasonable well thought out targets. A combination of what Rodgers supposedly requested, combined with solidly scouted, affordable to us  individuals. 

The model Top has chosen as he has stated is one of sustainability. I would suggest that is rather like Dortmund and others who buy young good prospects at a reasonable price and sell the odd one along the way for the betterment of the team as a whole. It's a sensible, potentially very exciting sustainable model devoid of ludicrous spending on a particular risky type of player just to try and keep up. If fans want silly spending of 200,000 they're following the wrong club, try Man City. Though neither they or Liverpool have actually broken the bank this time. A sign for me that they're reasonably happy with what they've got and unless they see a player that can significantly improve them, they won't buy for the sake of it. Probably our recruitment team are taking a similar sensible stance.

To be fair it was neither £200,000,000 OR £200,000. It was somewhere in between!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, urban fox said:

Man utd predictable

Man City spent over £100 million on Rodri, Angelino, and Cancelo.

• Thanks 1

This is not transfer jealousy, but transfer disappointment.  I'm gutted that we still have Slimani and Silva and I would have liked to have offloaded King, Ghezzal and James along with Amartey, Mendy and Gray so long as we could get decent fees for them.  I would have included Iheanacho but I think he is unsaleable at present.  Surely we could have proactively found homes for some them?

I know the European window is still open but the domestic one closing seriously limits our options.  

Too many players is bad for the harmony of the squad and too many players drawing a massive wage without any contribution whatsoever is very bad for finances and FFP.

33 minutes ago, murphy said:

This is not transfer jealousy, but transfer disappointment.  I'm gutted that we still have Slimani and Silva and I would have liked to have offloaded King, Ghezzal and James along with Amartey, Mendy and Gray so long as we could get decent fees for them.  I would have included Iheanacho but I think he is unsaleable at present.  Surely we could have proactively found homes for some them?

I know the European window is still open but the domestic one closing seriously limits our options.  

Too many players is bad for the harmony of the squad and too many players drawing a massive wage without any contribution whatsoever is very bad for finances and FFP.

The majority of these may still be courted by European clubs who's window doesn't shut until 2nd Sep.

• Thanks 1

I think we can still get permanent / loan deals for: Amartey, Silva, Mendy, Diabate, Ghezzal, Slimani (If its a loan include obligation to buy in the contract!) 

January: King, James & Kapustka. 

Next summer: Jakupovic, Gray & Iheanacho.

And then that's all the deadwood / dross gone from our club! :scarf:

7 minutes ago, Shane said:

I think we can still get permanent / loan deals for: Amartey, Silva, Mendy, Diabate, Ghezzal, Slimani (If its a loan include obligation to buy in the contract!) 

January: King, James & Kapustka. 

Next summer: Jakupovic, Gray & Iheanacho.

And then that's all the deadwood / dross gone from our club! :scarf:

Eurgh.

You do realise you still need squad players for back up for injury and training?

It's not just a starting 11 and a few subs?

9 minutes ago, CollinsLCFC said:

Eurgh.

You do realise you still need squad players for back up for injury and training?

It's not just a starting 11 and a few subs?

We'd still have a 23 man squad.

leicester.jpg.61918cf460e88f6a6fdaed47c11f23a4.jpg

Maybe keep Amartey for another year for his versatility but everyone else needs to go. Mendy is a good player but he needs to be sold this summer before his contract runs out & I can't see any European suitors for King/James. 

Edited by Shane

3 hours ago, murphy said:

James will be with us for the rest of his contract. As for the others, we will see some outgoings on loan, maybe even a sale or two if we're lucky.